Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

WTF It's asking for PS Plus Membership?

Darkrosesus
Darkrosesus
✭✭
Just tried to log into my game and it wont let me continue unless I join PS Plus? What the hell? I'm already paying $19 a month for the ESO premium deal.
  • VoidBlue
    VoidBlue
    ✭✭✭✭
    ESO plus is optional just for renting DLCs and getting crowns each month

PS plus is needed but its a mere $50 for a whole year so its worth it
  • Soulshine
    Soulshine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One reason, apart from numerous others too long to get into, that ESO went b2p and dropped the sub requirement was the well known fact the console players would have to pay a fee to access the game. You don't have to pay both if you don't want to.
    Edited by Soulshine on 6 August 2015 04:22
  • Zuuman
    Zuuman
    ✭✭✭
    As far as i know console player need to pay their live fees as well and sadly ZoS can't do anything about it, blame Sony on that one. :/
  • Darkrosesus
    Darkrosesus
    ✭✭
    Well that was very strange, it took me to a sign up for Plus membership page. Must have glitched. Just tried logging in again for the 5th time and all is good. PHEW!
  • gjmgamesub17_ESO
    All ps4 games require ps+ to play online multiplayer. ESO is online multiplayer only, so you need ps+.
  • TeamGizzy
    TeamGizzy
    ✭✭✭
    Plenty of 2 day ps plus codes lying around the Internet to hold you over ?may help you out
    Baskin Robins always finds out.....
  • Darkrosesus
    Darkrosesus
    ✭✭
    All ps4 games require ps+ to play online multiplayer. ESO is online multiplayer only, so you need ps+.

No, I don't .... the system glitched. There was a sign at EB Games that stated it was subscription free and it has been free since I started playing 2 months ago at launch. I am playing it online right now.
  • Nebthet78
    Nebthet78
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

No, I don't .... the system glitched. There was a sign at EB Games that stated it was subscription free and it has been free since I started playing 2 months ago at launch. I am playing it online right now.

ESO itself is subscription free. Playstation plus however, is a requirement by Sony to play any online game and has nothing to do with ESO.
    Far too many characters to list any more.
  • Avenias
    Avenias
    ✭✭✭✭
    VoidBlue wrote: »

another reason why pc is the master race

• 13igTyme
    13igTyme
    ✭✭✭
    Some games you don't have to have PS+ DCUO is one example.... and maybe the Final fantacy MMO?
    PS4 | NA | l3igTyme

Thinking about coming back to play...
  • Archie_Bald
    Archie_Bald
    Soul Shriven
    Free to play games don't require PS+ for online (e.g. DCUO), buy to play do (e.g. ESO).

https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/tamrielunlimitedfaq
  • Milktray
    Milktray
    ✭✭✭
    If anything like xbox live, you can get a years sub for about £25 upwards online
    ZoS please understand everyone thinks and pronounces things differently, so please add to your 'rules' that things get removed if the Mod doesn't actually quite understand phrasing
  • DaveTheMinion
    DaveTheMinion
    ✭✭✭
    Avenias wrote: »

I don't agree! A PC is just a machine :p it still needs someone to input variables to make it do anything.
    EU PS4 Megaserver
    VR16 Sorc - Daggerfall - Magic Build
    VR16 Nightblade - Daggerfall - Stamina Build

PS4 Guild: Illuminati Gaming for the over 30's is not a myth.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    13igTyme wrote: »
    Some games you don't have to have PS+ DCUO is one example.... and maybe the Final fantacy MMO?

I believe ESO also has an exemption. Leading to the whole thing about the system being glitched.

IIRC, XBone players are not exempt and do need to have an XBL Gold membership in effect.
  • Milktray
    Milktray
    ✭✭✭
    The PC/Console 'master race' thing makes me laugh as they can't really be compared that way

Console, Flat 1 time cost, buy games off key sites, for X1 get EA Access (to save money on games)

PC .. variable initial cost depending on setup, then nowadays more than the cost of a console on certain upgrades.
    ZoS please understand everyone thinks and pronounces things differently, so please add to your 'rules' that things get removed if the Mod doesn't actually quite understand phrasing
  • Archie_Bald
    Archie_Bald
    Soul Shriven

I believe ESO also has an exemption. Leading to the whole thing about the system being glitched.

IIRC, XBone players are not exempt and do need to have an XBL Gold membership in effect.

According to the FAQ ESO isn't exempt.

• Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ESO was going to be exempt from the PS+ fee (but not Xbox Live) back before we knew it was going B2P. The fact that Microsoft didn't agree to this arrangement probably contributed to the B2P transition. They couldn't reasonably expect people to pay double subscription just to play the game. As it is now, most people already subscribe to console online services for other games, so they don't mind it's a requirement here.
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rosveen wrote: »
    ESO was going to be exempt from the PS+ fee (but not Xbox Live) back before we knew it was going B2P. The fact that Microsoft didn't agree to this arrangement probably contributed to the B2P transition. They couldn't reasonably expect people to pay double subscription just to play the game. As it is now, most people already subscribe to console online services for other games, so they don't mind it's a requirement here.

This is pretty much how I think it went down.
    What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

According to the FAQ ESO isn't exempt.

No idea then. I've got zero first hand experience with the console versions of the game, so it's not something I really think about.
    Gidorick wrote: »
    Rosveen wrote: »

This is pretty much how I think it went down.

This is basically what I was saying back when B2P was announced.

Except for the part where the PS+ Exemption never went through. I didn't know about that part.
  • Darkrosesus
    Darkrosesus
    ✭✭
    This is what happened ... hubby loaded his account onto my machine ... he is a Plus member and he has just told me his Plus membership expired & needs renewing. It doesn't excuse being cut off completely from a free to play online game though! Thanks Sony! :D
  • Pallmor
    Pallmor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zuuman wrote: »
    As far as i know console player need to pay their live fees as well and sadly ZoS can't do anything about it, blame Sony on that one. :/

No, blame Microsoft. They're the ones that absolutely require Xbox Gold membership to access ANY multi-player content (including MMO's). Sony doesn't have that requirement (you can play DCUO and FF XIV without PSN plus). ZOS made the decision to make ESO require Gold and PSN Plus to remain consistent. But Sony DOES NOT require it for an MMO.
  • markt84
    markt84
    ✭✭✭
    Pallmor wrote: »
    Zuuman wrote: »

No, blame Microsoft. They're the ones that absolutely require Xbox Gold membership to access ANY multi-player content (including MMO's). Sony doesn't have that requirement (you can play DCUO and FF XIV without PSN plus). ZOS made the decision to make ESO require Gold and PSN Plus to remain consistent. But Sony DOES NOT require it for an MMO.

Hahaha blame Microsoft. How about blame Sony. Microsoft didn't force Sony to make eso a game you needed ps+ for. If anything it game Sony a competive advantage. Sony decided to do this, not Microsoft or ZOS.
  • Audigy
    Audigy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Avenias wrote: »

Today it might be ;)

but back in the days we used all those promo CD´s of AOL & Co. to get 30 hours for free, as it was a huge investment to play MMO´s in the 90s. Flat rates didn't exist back then :dizzy:
  • Groggpuffar
    Well that was very strange, it took me to a sign up for Plus membership page. Must have glitched. Just tried logging in again for the 5th time and all is good. PHEW!

Nice save.. lol
  • Bomber293
    Bomber293
    ✭✭✭
    Hi there,
    I know this thread is old but I just can't find an answer neither my posts get answered so pleas take a second for me :)
    I get my ps+ from a friend with the share function so I can technically play online but I don't have all the benefits like the monthly downloads. Eso is the first game I saw that says especially ps plus is required.
    So will it work with shared ps+? Multiplayer of course.
    It is the only thing why I bother buying it...

Hope you can (and will) help me :)
  • klowdy1
    klowdy1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just tried to log into my game and it wont let me continue unless I join PS Plus? What the hell? I'm already paying $19 a month for the ESO premium deal.

Two seperate companies, and they don't share money with each other.
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is what happened ... hubby loaded his account onto my machine ... he is a Plus member and he has just told me his Plus membership expired & needs renewing. It doesn't excuse being cut off completely from a free to play online game though! Thanks Sony! :D

Its not free. You had to buy it.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Well, to be fair, you are using MS's servers and datacenters, so a small fee for that isnt unreasonable.
  • SugaComa
    SugaComa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe you okay with out ps+ unless you want to do match making for random dungeons.

• danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bomber293 wrote: »
    Hi there,
    I know this thread is old but I just can't find an answer neither my posts get answered so pleas take a second for me :)
    I get my ps+ from a friend with the share function so I can technically play online but I don't have all the benefits like the monthly downloads. Eso is the first game I saw that says especially ps plus is required.
    So will it work with shared ps+? Multiplayer of course.
    It is the only thing why I bother buying it...

Hope you can (and will) help me :)

Two and half year old thread guy.

Look at the responses you get. The 3 responders after you didn't even see your question and are responding to people who may not even play the game anymore.

This is why you don't necro, but rather create a new thread.