Official Discussion Thread for "The Imperial City Guide: The Basics"

ZOS_JasonLeavey
ZOS_JasonLeavey
✭✭✭✭✭
This is the official discussion thread for the web article "The Imperial City Guide: The Basic."

Prepare yourself for the Imperial City with our helpful guide, which provides the basics you'll want to know before entering the zone!
Jason Leavey
Community Coordinator - The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited
Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube
Staff Post
  • nimander99
    nimander99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hype-train starts here guys :)
    I AM UPDATING MY PRIVACY POLICY

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

∽∽∽ 2 years of Elder Scrolls Online ∼∼∼
    "Give us money" = Box sales & monthly sub fees,
    "moar!" = £10 palomino horse,
    "MOAR!" = Switch to B2P, launch cash shop,
    "MOAR!!" = Charge for DLC that subs had already paid for,
    "MOAR!!!" = Experience scrolls and riding lessons,
    "MOARR!!!" = Vampire/werewolf bites,
    "MOAARRR!!!" = CS exclusive motifs,
    "MOOAARRR!!!" = Crown crates,
    "MOOOAAARRR!!!" = 'Chapter's' bought separately from ESO+,
    "MOOOOAAAARRRR!!!!" = ???

Male, Dunmer, VR16, Templar, Aldmeri Dominion, Master Crafter & all Traits, CP450
    Options
  • HeroOfNone
    HeroOfNone
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like a ganker and zergers paradise with no siege weapons. For those not rolling a nightblade, might I suggest looking at Seeker build to help you and your group survive in the open PVP areas.
    Herfi Driderkitty of the Aldmeri Dominion
    Find me on : Twitch | Youtube | Twitter | Reddit
    Options
  • MartinXKid
    MartinXKid
    ✭✭✭
    I'm expecting ganking groups waiting just outside of the entrance in cyrodiil...
    "War ..... War never changes"
    Options
  • Shunravi
    Shunravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    HeroOfNone wrote: »
    Sounds like a ganker and zergers paradise with no siege weapons. For those not rolling a nightblade, might I suggest looking at Seeker build to help you and your group survive in the open PVP areas.

*malicious nightblade laughter from the shadows*
    This one has an eloquent and well thought out response to tha... Ooh sweetroll!
    Options
  • nimander99
    nimander99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    MartinXKid wrote: »
    I'm expecting ganking groups waiting just outside of the entrance in cyrodiil...

That is the one thing I'm worried about.
    I AM UPDATING MY PRIVACY POLICY

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

∽∽∽ 2 years of Elder Scrolls Online ∼∼∼
    "Give us money" = Box sales & monthly sub fees,
    "moar!" = £10 palomino horse,
    "MOAR!" = Switch to B2P, launch cash shop,
    "MOAR!!" = Charge for DLC that subs had already paid for,
    "MOAR!!!" = Experience scrolls and riding lessons,
    "MOARR!!!" = Vampire/werewolf bites,
    "MOAARRR!!!" = CS exclusive motifs,
    "MOOAARRR!!!" = Crown crates,
    "MOOOAAARRR!!!" = 'Chapter's' bought separately from ESO+,
    "MOOOOAAAARRRR!!!!" = ???

Male, Dunmer, VR16, Templar, Aldmeri Dominion, Master Crafter & all Traits, CP450
    Options
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    "Earn new collectibles by completing achievements, slaying Molag Bal's elite forces in the Imperial Sewers, and by trading in Tel Var Stones."

I like this. Finally something we can work for instead of lazily buying it in the crown store.
    Options
  • Mysticman
    Mysticman
    ✭✭✭
    nimander99 wrote: »

No need to worry you can bypass that stuff
    ("If you leave the Imperial City by way of exiting the Imperial City Prison or White-Gold Tower dungeons, you will return to your alliance's capital city")
    Edited by Mysticman on 17 July 2015 18:33
    Options
  • Atricios
    Atricios
    ✭✭✭
    You know Imperial City is going to be great when you can smell the fear before you even see the sewers.
    Options
  • Elebeth
    Elebeth
    ✭✭✭
    Mysticman wrote: »

("If you leave the Imperial City by way of exiting the Imperial City Prison or White-Gold Tower dungeons, you will return to your alliance's capital city")

Also:
    "To leave the Imperial City, you go through your alliance's home base in the Imperial Sewers, the same way you came in. This will return you to your home base in Cyrodiil (the same campaign you entered through.)"

I have mixed feelings about this...
    "I don't recall using teleportation, and yet there I was. Alone. Naked." Morrowind
    Options
  • MartinXKid
    MartinXKid
    ✭✭✭
    Mysticman wrote: »

I mean getting in the Imperial City.

I'm hoping they put a wayshrine in the Imperial city faction base
    Edited by MartinXKid on 17 July 2015 18:44
    "War ..... War never changes"
    Options
  • katnip
    katnip
    ✭✭
    I just realized how hard it's going to be to get into a campaign at first. Wait time will be atrocious. With this being the first zone added in a long time, everyone will want a piece of IC, I know I do. loving how they are designing it. At least the campaigns will all be full lol.
    Options
  • Attorneyatlawl
    Attorneyatlawl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    "•Activities in the Imperial City do not impact or contribute to your campaign."

Does this mean AP doesn't count towards leaderboards? :neutral:

Also, is player kill XP being buffed to be more competitive :)?
    Edited by Attorneyatlawl on 17 July 2015 19:26
    -First-Wave Closed Beta Tester of the Psijic Order, aka the 0.016 percent.
    Exploits suck. Don't blame just the game, blame the players abusing them!

-Playing since July 2013, back when we had a killspam channel in Cyrodiil and the lands of Tamriel were roamed by dinosaurs.
    ckbud
    ✭✭✭
    In the ESO trailer at E3, you can see siege weapons being used inside Imperial City. How come we won't be able to use siege weapons inside Imperial City now?
    Options
  • Saturn
    Saturn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ckbud wrote: »
    In the ESO trailer at E3, you can see siege weapons being used inside Imperial City. How come we won't be able to use siege weapons inside Imperial City now?

To be assumed that this is siege belonging to NPCs, if you look closely in the video it is imperial soldiers operating these machines.
    "Madness is a bitter mercy, perhaps, but a mercy nonetheless."

Fire and Ice
    Options
  • Korozenn
    Korozenn
    ✭✭✭✭
    The hype is real! :blush:
    Options
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    •Get powerful new Veteran Rank 16 weapons and armor by completing the White-Gold Tower and Imperial City Prison dungeons (and the Undaunted Pledges for them), and Veteran Rank 16 armor sets by trading in your Tel Var Stones.

Does this mean you can EARN Tel Var stones in the dungeons?
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
    Options
  • Cuyler
    Cuyler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MissBizz wrote: »
    •Get powerful new Veteran Rank 16 weapons and armor by completing the White-Gold Tower and Imperial City Prison dungeons (and the Undaunted Pledges for them), and Veteran Rank 16 armor sets by trading in your Tel Var Stones.

I hope so!
    Guild: STACK n BURN (gm) PC - NA
    CP 810 18 Maxed Characters:
    "How hard can u guar?" - Rafishul[/spoiler]
    Options
  • wraith808
    wraith808
    ✭✭✭✭

Collect Tel Var Stones by defeating Molag Bal's minions and enemy alliance players—and try to keep yours from being taken!

From that statement, I'd think that you could since enemy players are definitely not Molog Bal's minions. :smile:
    Quasim ibn-Muhammad - VR 12 Redguard Dragon Knight
    Taladriel Vanima - VR 5 Altmer Nightblade
    Ambalyo iyo Bogaadin - VR 1 Redguard Sorceror
    Options
  • TheBull
    TheBull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks awesome ZOS :)
    Options
  • IggyStarDust
    Thats all folks! dueling and small group pvp will never come in eso... zergs trains and other similar stuff are gonna rule the world :( plz tell me if u get a different vibe from the stuff you have heard...
    Options
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wraith808 wrote: »

Collect Tel Var Stones by defeating Molag Bal's minions and enemy alliance players—and try to keep yours from being taken!

From that statement, I'd think that you could since enemy players are definitely not Molog Bal's minions. :smile:

My theory is being able to run dungeons to get stones and not have to go into the PvP section and have the risk of them being stolen.. but that sounds too easy...
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
    Options
  • Tyrusaran
    Tyrusaran
    ✭✭

My theory is being able to run dungeons to get stones and not have to go into the PvP section and have the risk of them being stolen.. but that sounds too easy...

all wrong, they have allready stated that you have to go through the main pvp area to get to the IC pvp area where you have to go through pvp gank area to go to a pve area, where you have to spend hours for a few stones, only to lose em just as you exit the pve area.
    Options
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Confirmed to be impossible. They want to keep the risk/reward system for TV stones. The only exception are boxes for daily quests, which can't be looted off you, so you can run back and open them in the safe zone.
    Options
  • Equinox
    Equinox
    ✭✭✭
    The guy on the far right, he looks like he's wearing the female chest armor but the facial structure is male? o.o"

Dem eyebrows

d7eb8583ed8b0f64e6e8533e9d7fafde.jpg
    ********************~For the Queen!~********************
    Options
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Equinox wrote: »
    The guy on the far right, he looks like he's wearing the female chest armor but the facial structure is male? o.o"

Dem eyebrows

Now now, this is Tamriel. They can be any gender, sex, or combination that they want. All that matters is how much blood they can spill in a night, same as it ever was.
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
    Options
  • ZOS_BrianWheeler
    ZOS_BrianWheeler
    PvP & Combat Lead
    The Siege weapons in the trailer (and in game obviously) are weapons operated by the Imperial betrayers working to knock down the wall between the Elven Garden's and Noble's District.
    Edited by ZOS_BrianWheeler on 17 July 2015 22:40
    Wheeler
    ESO PVP Lead & Combat Lead
    Options
    Staff Post
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Saturn wrote: »
    ckbud wrote: »
    To be assumed that this is siege belonging to NPCs, if you look closely in the video it is imperial soldiers operating these machines.
    Hmm, you're probably right, but I was assuming there would be some sieging in the city too... not sure where I got that idea from now :)
    Equinox wrote: »

Dem eyebrows

Female character with the draugr polymorph?
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
    Options
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also @ZOS_BrianWheeler @ZOS_JasonLeavey please get your map artists to fix the angle of Imperial City. Both the city in the middle of the Cyrodiil map and the map of the city itself are out by 30 degrees. (ie, the city needs to be rotated 30 degrees clockwise, as the solid wall line runs north/south, not east/west.)
    OB-map-Imperial_City.png

Edit: The top map below is what they have shown on the guide, the bottom map is what it should be. The walls inside the city are supposed to "line up" with the extended walls outside the city. There is no "northern district", but there is a "western district".

ESO_Cyrodiil_IC_1.png
    ESO_Cyrodiil_IC_2.png
    Edited by Enodoc on 18 July 2015 00:22
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
    Options
  • Thejtprb18_ESO
    Did I miss the bit in the notes which says there is a bank in the IC safe zone and that you cant mail the stones?
    Edited by Thejtprb18_ESO on 18 July 2015 00:32
    ~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
    horrorshow milkdrinker
    - my little NB
    ~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
    Options
  • BoloBoffin
    BoloBoffin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did I miss the bit in the notes which says there is a bank in the IC safe zone and that you cant mail the stones?

It may not be in the notes, but it was stated as such in today's ESO Live. Banks in the alliance bases. No mailing stones.

PLUS: there's currently a 50-stone minimum to deposit any at all - because there's a 50-stone Akiviri Teller Mugging fee to deposit at all.
    I ride in a zerg ball of one.
    Options