Maintenance for the week of June 17:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 10:00PM EDT (June 18, 2:00 UTC) - June 18, 5:00AM EDT (9:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 10:00PM EDT (June 18, 2:00 UTC) - June 18, 5:00AM EDT (9:00 UTC)

Swallow Soul/Funnel Health Post 1.7

TheBull
TheBull
✭✭✭✭✭
I pretty concerned about this ability post 1.7. For me it's just getting to a place where it is useful. Decent damage with a decent heal over time. 1 year ago it was one of the reason why I made a Nightblade. It's a pretty Iconic skill to me, and unique to ESO. It's heal is based on the damage done.

Once 1.7 hit SS/FH will be hit twice really hard. Like I said above it's just to the point where it performs decently, at times it under performs still though. Taking a 30% nerf to damage and a 35% nerf to the return heal over time will push this skill back into uselessness. Please consider buffing 1 if not both the components of this skills come 1.7.

@ZOS_RichLambert
@ZOS_GinaBruno
@ZOS_BrianWheeler
  • Artesar
    Artesar
    Soul Shriven
    Is there a source available?
    Options
  • pjwb16_ESO
    pjwb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Artesar wrote: »

Last ESO live -.-
    basically all damage is nerfed as is all heal
    ~ here since Beta

My Youtube Channel: https://youtube.com/channel/UCw3x5B-l0S093TAo10WafLA

EU Server PC @Elendiel
    Fyrusha - NB AD
    Auri-ele - Sorc AD
    Watch me Nae Nae - Magicka DK AD
    Watch me Whip - Magicka DK DC
    Schnuggii - Bubble Templar AD
    Options
  • Kerioko
    Kerioko
    ✭✭✭✭
    They mentioned skill changes for NB at the 58 min - 1 hour mark. The only changes I heard mentioned was the changes to cloak to make it a more reliable escape.....granted I see it getting the same treatment as bolt escape and dodge once the QQ'ers hit the forums.

The only other ability mentioned is grim focus going from 7 light attacks to 4, meaning it may actually become a viable dps option similar to a sorcs frag procs.

Can you point out the exact time during live that the changes you are announcing was mentioned.

I know in 1.6 they did a lot of beefing up the siphoning line to make it so NB's could be viable healers, however funnel health was not brought up to the damage as other skills. While I could understand a slight increase in cost to be on par with something like concealed weapon or crushing shock, nerfing its damage and healing capability would basically be a big "FU" to all NB healers and tanks!
    Edited by Kerioko on 5 July 2015 12:14
    Dinosaur Chicken Nuggets - Argonian mNB Tank/Heals (PVP)
    Strawberry Semifreddo - Dunmer mSorc DPS // Sunny D-Light - Breton mTemp Heals
    Peanut Butter Sandwich - Orc sDK DPS // Kellogg's Frosted Flakes - Argonian mWard Tank/Heals (PVE)
    Cor-Leonis
    friendship - integrity - perseverance
    Options
  • Artesar
    Artesar
    Soul Shriven
    They want to prolong fights hence the damage nerf. But i see some characters be hurt more than others. NB for instance need to kill fast. So if they really bugfix cloak just to nerf it in line with bolt escape etc. in the following then what is left that makes a NB viable?
    Options
  • The Uninvited
    The Uninvited
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pjwb16_ESO wrote: »

Last ESO live -.-

Nope. Only for the Cyrodill buff:

- Battle Spirit (Cyrodiil Buff) will reduce damage, healing and damage shields by 50%.
    Pandora's Promise (rip) | LND | Pactriotic | IKnowWhatUDidLastWinter's | The Uninvited |

Ride the paranoia | All life is pain | Only the grave is real
    Options
  • Kerioko
    Kerioko
    ✭✭✭✭
    Question: Are you referring to how funnel health will preform in PVP when they flat decrease all damage and healing by 50%? Because I can still find no reference to changes with the actual skill!
    Dinosaur Chicken Nuggets - Argonian mNB Tank/Heals (PVP)
    Strawberry Semifreddo - Dunmer mSorc DPS // Sunny D-Light - Breton mTemp Heals
    Peanut Butter Sandwich - Orc sDK DPS // Kellogg's Frosted Flakes - Argonian mWard Tank/Heals (PVE)
    Cor-Leonis
    friendship - integrity - perseverance
    Options
  • pjwb16_ESO
    pjwb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    pjwb16_ESO wrote: »

Last ESO live -.-

Nope. Only for the Cyrodill buff:

- Battle Spirit (Cyrodiil Buff) will reduce damage, healing and damage shields by 50%.

i was assuming he is talking about pvp, otherwise his post would be meaningless ;)
    ~ here since Beta

EU Server PC @Elendiel
    Fyrusha - NB AD
    Auri-ele - Sorc AD
    Options
  • Tankqull
    Tankqull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TheBull wrote: »
    I pretty concerned about this ability post 1.7. For me it's just getting to a place where it is useful. Decent damage with a decent heal over time. 1 year ago it was one of the reason why I made a Nightblade. It's a pretty Iconic skill to me, and unique to ESO. It's heal is based on the damage done.

Once 1.7 hit SS/FH will be hit twice really hard. Like I said above it's just to the point where it performs decently, at times it under performs still though. Taking a 30% nerf to damage and a 35% nerf to the return heal over time will push this skill back into uselessness. Please consider buffing 1 if not both the components of this skills come 1.7.

@ZOS_RichLambert
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler

well as every ability is affected by it wont lose efficiancy compared to other abilities. as long as ZOS doesent make extreme failures in applying the debuffs.
    e.g. calculate the potential dmg on an attack - get the heal value information, apply both debuffs seperatly -> every thing is
    fine.
    instead of screwing those skills and comparable abilities over by reducing the delve values of the skills when entering cyrodiil, calculate heal values based upon those modified dmg values and then aply the 50% reduction to the heal part of those skills effectivly reducing them by 75% instead of the announced 50%...
    spelling and grammar errors are free to be abused

Sallington wrote: »
    Anything useful that players are wanting added into the game all fall under the category of "Yer ruinin my 'mersion!"

Options
  • TheBull
    TheBull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kerioko wrote: »
    Question: Are you referring to how funnel health will preform in PVP when they flat decrease all damage and healing by 50%? Because I can still find no reference to changes with the actual skill!

Yes in Cyrodiil
    Options
  • notimetocare
    notimetocare
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tankqull wrote: »

@ZOS_RichLambert
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler

well as every ability is affected by it wont lose efficiancy compared to other abilities. as long as ZOS doesent make extreme failures in applying the debuffs.
    e.g. calculate the potential dmg on an attack - get the heal value information, apply both debuffs seperatly -> every thing is
    fine.
    instead of screwing those skills and comparable abilities over by reducing the delve values of the skills when entering cyrodiil, calculate heal values based upon those modified dmg values and then aply the 50% reduction to the heal part of those skills effectivly reducing them by 75% instead of the announced 50%...

Has it been tested if Siphon dbl dip in the current debuffing? Im not mathy enough o bother myself.
    Options
  • TheBull
    TheBull
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@ZOS_RichLambert
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler

fine.

I don't understand. All I see is due to battlespirit the heal will do 30% less damage, which will cause the return HoT to be less. Then that lessened return HoT will be hit again for another 35% less healing. Am I describing your second example here?
    Edited by TheBull on 5 July 2015 14:53
    Options
  • Snit
    Snit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All damage and heals will be severely nerfed. If you're going to ask for an exception limited to one class, Nightblade is probably the class least in need of the help ;)
    Snit AD Sorc
    Ratbag AD Warden Tank
    Goblins AD Stamblade

Options
  • Tankqull
    Tankqull
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@ZOS_RichLambert
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler

fine.

I don't understand. All I see is due to battlespirit the heal will do 30% less damage, which will cause the return HoT to be less. Then that lessened return HoT will be hit again for another 35% less healing. Am I describing your second example here?

exactly
    spelling and grammar errors are free to be abused

Sallington wrote: »
    Anything useful that players are wanting added into the game all fall under the category of "Yer ruinin my 'mersion!"

Options
  • PBpsy
    PBpsy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Since Malefic Wreath will get a slight damage scaling buff everything will balance out . Magicka Nbs ,the only type of build that actually has enough magicak to do 2-3 cloaks or needs to do 2-3 of them to actually make it work. will still be the OP king gods of the universe, as they always were both in PVP and PVE.

We all know when we could do 30% more dps than the magicka DKs.
    We all remember when we could take 10 good player with ease.

Oh that happened.
    Edited by PBpsy on 5 July 2015 20:04
    ESO forums achievements
    Proud fanboi
    Elitist jerk
    Troll
    Hater
    Fan of icontested(rainbow colors granted)
    Options
  • TheBull
    TheBull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PBpsy wrote: »
    Since Malefic Wreath will get a slight damage scaling buff everything will balance out . Magicka Nbs ,the only type of build that actually has enough magicak to do 2-3 cloaks or needs to do 2-3 of them to actually make it work. will still be the OP king gods of the universe, as they always were both in PVP and PVE.

Oh that happened.

You're kidding right? That's easily that might be the most unused skill in the game and for good reason. Your target has to be doing absolutely nothing for it to work. Otherwise you are sitting there waving your hand over and over.
    Edited by TheBull on 6 July 2015 01:07
    Options
  • PBpsy
    PBpsy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Oh that happened.

You're kidding right? That's easily that might be the most unused skill in the game and for good reason. Your target has to be doing absolutely nothing for it to work. Otherwise you are sitting there waving your hand over and over.
    No. Agony will be ...fixed by ... increasing Malefic Wreath's the damage scaling a bit . It was announced in the last ESO live. Rejoice. ;)

ESO forums achievements
    Proud fanboi
    Elitist jerk
    Troll
    Hater
    Options
  • TheBull
    TheBull
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh that happened.

No. Agony will be ...fixed by ... increasing Malefic Wreath's the damage scaling a bit . It was announced in the last ESO live. Rejoice. ;)
    I see what you did there. Sig in the bottom right. You got me :p
    Options
  • helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, let's rejoice about Agony. When magicka NBs are about 30% behind others in DPS, we get slight increase in damage to give a minor rash to enemy, unless someone sneezes to that direction.

There is no need to make an exception to Funnel because of battle spirit. But Funnel and other magicka skills need buffing regardless of battle spirit. Stamina NB is fine - don't mix these two. Magicka NB needs buffing.

I am playing multiple classes at VR14 and craft or buy top gear for them. Each toon should have close to best builds including some exploits of the month. My main crafter has been magicka NB because of versatility and i can't much respec when crafting takes major part of skillpoints. And infinite cloak is so useful for farming. Sad truth is that it is the worst DPS currently. Even my templar is better as DD. Yesterday i gave up and switched to stamina. I hate it because magicka NB is interesting and versatile build. It just lacks the oomph.
    Edited by helediron on 6 July 2015 10:17
    On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone
    Options
  • PBpsy
    PBpsy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    helediron wrote: »
    Yes, let's rejoice about Agony. When magicka NBs are about 30% behind others in DPS, we get slight increase in damage to give a minor rash to enemy, unless someone sneezes to that direction.

There is no need to make an exception to Funnel because of battle spirit. But Funnel and other magicka skills need buffing regardless of battle spirit. Stamina NB is fine - don't mix these two. Magicka NB needs buffing.

I am playing multiple classes at VR14 and craft or buy top gear for them. Each toon should have close to best builds including some exploits of the month. My main crafter has been magicka NB because of versatility and i can't much respec when crafting takes major part of skillpoints. And infinite cloak is so useful for farming. Sad truth is that it is the worst DPS currently. Even my templar is better as DD. Yesterday i gave up and switched to stamina. I hate it because magicka NB is interesting and versatile build. It just lacks the oomph.
    Having played a main magicka NB since day one I unfortunately have to agree. More or less the worst magicka dps class at the moment. Although I think can get slightly more dps than on a temp using a tedious dot rotation my temp will have infinitely more utility than the useless overheal HOT that is supposed to be the magicka NB utility.
    They had the option to do something interesting with Agony and open up the magicka NB builds by giving extra options to compensate for the 1.6 nerfs they instead chose to scale up the useless skill damage. Quite amazing.

There is a good news for magicka NB though. Using assassins will on 4 hits could give a good boost to the dps. if it would also recast the buff on fire it would be even better..
    ESO forums achievements
    Proud fanboi
    Elitist jerk
    Troll
    Hater
    Options
  • Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@ZOS_RichLambert
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler

Raise the cost back up to something not ridiculous like 400 (like it is now) and sure i guess?

I mean that ability is ridiculously broken right now in terms of cost/damage and cost/heal
    @rylanadionysis == Closed Beta Tester October 2013 == Retired October 2016 == Uninstalled @ One Tamriel Release == Inactive Indefinitely
    Ebonheart Pact: Lyzara Dionysis - Sorc - AR 37 (Former Empress of Blackwater Blade and Haderus) == Shondra Dionysis - Temp - AR 23 == Arrianaya Dionysis - DK - AR 17
    Aldmeri Dominion: Rylana Dionysis - DK - AR 25 == Kailiana - NB - AR 21 == Minerva Dionysis - Temp - AR 21 == Victoria Dionysis - Sorc - AR 13
    Daggerfall Covenant: Dannika Dionysis - DK - AR 21 == The Catman Rises - Temp - AR 15 (Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade)
    Forum LOL Champion (retired) == Black Belt in Ballista-Fu == The Last Vice Member == Praise Cheesus == Electro-Goblin
    Options
  • JDar
    JDar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is such a cheap, lazy way to fix the TTK issue. *facepalm*
    Options
  • Artesar
    Artesar
    Soul Shriven
    They tried the same in Dark Age of Camelot years ago. Had to revoke the change because archers couldnt kill things any more. History repeats itself ...

There ARE classes who are more reliant on killing fast than others.
    Options
  • pjwb16_ESO
    pjwb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    They tried the same in Dark Age of Camelot years ago. Had to revoke the change because archers couldnt kill things any more. History repeats itself ...

There ARE classes who are more reliant on killing fast than others.

i would like it if archers couldnt kill anythin any more :smile: they should come and fight me and dont snipe me from stealth
    ~ here since Beta

EU Server PC @Elendiel
    Fyrusha - NB AD
    Auri-ele - Sorc AD
    Options