Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Bloodmage Still viable for pvp?

jmoore59
jmoore59
✭✭
I Played a bloodmage from release to beginning of August before I had to quit for awhile. I just started back this week and I am having a harder time in pvp than I remember. Mainly my survivability seems to have taken a nose dive. Granted I am in v12 pvp light armor/warlock and the new caps v14.

Mainly I am trying to get my head around all the changes since I last played. Reading the forums it looks like magical damage took a nerf?

Is there a good synopsis of the changes the game has taken outside of just reading all the patch notes? I already dropped both the vampire and werewolf skill trees.
  • Draehl
    Draehl
    ✭✭✭
    Definitely, though in this current environment most sustained damage attempts fare poorly because due to the massive burst levels you are either burst, a tank to survive the burst, or a healer that is glued to a group of players. Any sort of sustained/pressure style DPS just doesn't fit in this environment. Tack onto that the pathetic state of DoTs and a modest nerf to Funnel Health's damage and... yeah...There is a viable magicka/destro staff burst build that Sypher runs (look it up on youtube)Too flashy for my taste, though the guy is skilled.

For more on this I typed something up yesterday on Reddit.
    http://www.reddit.com/r/elderscrollsonline/comments/32oc80/discussionsuggestions_is_sustained_damage_too/
    Edited by Draehl on 16 April 2015 23:14
    Main: Breton Nightblade "Shadow Cleric" (Sustained Damage/offhealer) 5L/2H - Resto + S&B
    Alt: Argonian Dragonknight (Stam DoTs/Tank) 5H/2M - S&B + Bow
    Alt: Nord Templar Berserker (Rawr) 5M/2H - Dual Wield + Two Hander
    Alt: Altmer Sorceror (Pewpew) 7L - Destro + Resto
  • jmoore59
    jmoore59
    ✭✭
    Thanks. I will check that out sypher's build.

That's a shame I really liked the good sustained damage with high survivability of the old style bloodmage. But it doesn't really work when your getting hit for 15-20k
  • jmoore59
    jmoore59
    ✭✭
    It seems have to go with a glass cannon approach.
  • Spangla
    Spangla
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stamina is now causing problems....
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamina nightblades is bursty as H..... best burst in the game.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Soulac
    Soulac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Deal_With_It.jpg
    R.I.P Dawnbreaker / Auriel´s Bow
    Member of the Arena Guild and the overpowered Banana Squad.
    Nathaerizh aka Cat - Nightblade V16 - EU

- Meow -
  • jmoore59
    jmoore59
    ✭✭
    Ok what am I doing wrong?

27k Magic and 22k health yet I seem to hit like a wet noodle.

Then on flip side sorcs will hit me for 15k light attacks with spamable overload or I get unlucky and miss a block on shards will minimum hit for 8k, bows will two shot me out of stealth doing 12k each. Had fellow NBs 2 shot me as assassins builds. I have no magic skills that have damage anywhere in that range.

Heck I have had magic shield up from light armor line plus hot and died before I could touch restro shield spell.

I have attacked someone gotten 2-3 spells off their health barely moves then I die 2 secs later. I mean probably less then 2 secs since I don't even have time to react.

When I left you wouldn't die that fast unless it's multilple people attacking at once now hell my death recap will sometimes only have 2 damage abilities on it from one person.

Also how the heck do people dodge roll for 50 times even when I tried full med armor Stam build I couldn't do that.
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    jmoore59 wrote: »
    Ok what am I doing wrong?

27k Magic and 22k health yet I seem to hit like a wet noodle.

Then on flip side sorcs will hit me for 15k light attacks with spamable overload or I get unlucky and miss a block on shards will minimum hit for 8k, bows will two shot me out of stealth doing 12k each. Had fellow NBs 2 shot me as assassins builds. I have no magic skills that have damage anywhere in that range.

Heck I have had magic shield up from light armor line plus hot and died before I could touch restro shield spell.

I have attacked someone gotten 2-3 spells off their health barely moves then I die 2 secs later. I mean probably less then 2 secs since I don't even have time to react.

When I left you wouldn't die that fast unless it's multilple people attacking at once now hell my death recap will sometimes only have 2 damage abilities on it from one person.

Also how the heck do people dodge roll for 50 times even when I tried full med armor Stam build I couldn't do that.

If you die to fast, before you have time to react, you should try the Whitestrake's Retribution set.
    I am pretty sure you'll get more survivability with some practice, especially on a light armored magicka NB you need fast reactions and good movement.

If peope build for dodging, they use stamina cost reduction glyphs, CP in dodge cost reduction and stamina regen, drinks, preferably Bosmer racials, werewolf, medium armor, stamina regen sets, potions. Maybe I forgot something, but doesn't matter.
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
  • Draehl
    Draehl
    ✭✭✭
    Told ya ;)

I've moved more towards a support role to prop up the people on my faction playing the OP builds. Just wait patiently with me for ZoS to tone down everyone's burst, Sorc general OPness, permadodge NBs, etc. and give DoTs some lovin'. The current meta just doesn't support how we wanna play so all we can do is wait. I'd sooner quit than play stam so patience is a virtue :)
    Main: Breton Nightblade "Shadow Cleric" (Sustained Damage/offhealer) 5L/2H - Resto + S&B
    Alt: Argonian Dragonknight (Stam DoTs/Tank) 5H/2M - S&B + Bow
    Alt: Nord Templar Berserker (Rawr) 5M/2H - Dual Wield + Two Hander
    Alt: Altmer Sorceror (Pewpew) 7L - Destro + Resto
  • JDar
    JDar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to the club. If you are hitting like a noodle try to up your spell damage. Aim for 1800. Use sap essence, it will give you major sorcery. Get nirnhorned gear too if you don't have it, it's a must.

If you are facing someone one on one you have already lost probably. Get a good group with quality heals though and you can do serious damage. Cleanse is a must.