Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PVP Templar? Any tips on a good build?

Snowstrider
Snowstrider
✭✭✭✭✭
Hello everyone,I havent played so much pvp in the last couple of months,but now when i returned i realise how bad my current build is for pvp,i am thinking of switching build for my vr11 templar becouse being a tank with all focused on health isnt that fun in cyrodiil :/ Anyone got any tip for the go to pvp templar?

I want to deal much damage and be able to survive good.

I am playing less and less dungeons so i am taking a break for that and will go into pvp more,Thats why i want to swtich build.
  • Kas
    Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello everyone,I havent played so much pvp in the last couple of months,but now when i returned i realise how bad my current build is for pvp,i am thinking of switching build for my vr11 templar becouse being a tank with all focused on health isnt that fun in cyrodiil :/ Anyone got any tip for the go to pvp templar?

I want to deal much damage and be able to survive good.

I am playing less and less dungeons so i am taking a break for that and will go into pvp more,Thats why i want to swtich build.

imho the templar is by FAR the worst class for that part.
    imho your best bet is probably runnign stamina to reach big, competetive damage. survivability will depend a lot on your positioning, player skill, etc and jsut not be as high as a tanky-built magicak variant.

while magicka templars can support very well in groups and outsustain enemies 1v1 or catch them offguard and execute, they certainly don't "deal much damage".

great playstyle and probably a good inspiration:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0wwQ8XWuVo

I'd highly recommend to watch the video for the playstyle and not to blindly copy the build.
    he plays on US so I never played against or talked to him but I think he's a great player (with average builds).

i'm pretty sure it's almost alwys better make changes to other player's builds so they suit your own playstyle much better.
    @bbu - AD/EU
    Kasiia - Templar (AR46)
    Kasiir Aberion - Sorc (AR38)
    Dr Kastafari - Warden (~AR31)
    + many others
  • eol
    eol
    ✭✭✭
    First, decide on magicka or stamina build. Stamina gives you more choices on how to dps, and probably does more dps and will give you a lot more stamina for block/roll dodge/break free/sprint etc. Magicka gives you far better heals. IMO stamina is better on 1v1 but magicka shines in group roles.

I used to play a Templar that was split magicka/stamina, but after 1.6 that isn't practical anymore. Choose magicka or stamina build, and accept that you will be very good at some things but poor at others.