Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Sharpened Trait.....Buffed?

Ezareth
Ezareth
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
So Sharpened which is still giving far more penetration than Nirnhoned (or anything else for that matter) was evidently just buffed. /Boggle

From 2.0.4 Patch Notes
Fixed an issue where the Sharpened Trait wasn’t providing enough armor or spell penetration.

I thought April fools was last week?
Edited by Ezareth on 6 April 2015 16:27
Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
Ezareth VR16 AD Sorc - Rank 36 - Axe NA
Ezareth-Ali VR16 DC NB - Rank 20 - Chillrend NA
Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Actually it was nerfed according to the Focus Rating stat in Harven's extended stats. It now provides slightly less Focus Rating than Nirnhoned.
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• Sacadon
    Sacadon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    so maybe an error in the patch notes... hopefully Gina will weigh-in on this.
  • Garion
    Garion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sacadon wrote: »
    so maybe an error in the patch notes... hopefully Gina will weigh-in on this.

Probably not, they tend to ignore this sort of thing. I mean, they've been ignoring it for months now, why start worrying about it now?!
    Lastobeth - VR16 Sorc - PvP Rank 41 (AD)
    Lastoblyat - VR16 Templar - PvP Rank 14 (AD)
    Ninja Pete - VR16 NB - PvP Rank 10 (AD)
    Labo the Banana Slayer - VR14 Sorc - PvP Rank 12 (EP)

Member of Banana Squad | Officer of Arena
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Actually it was nerfed according to the Focus Rating stat in Harven's extended stats. It now provides slightly less Focus Rating than Nirnhoned.

Does it seem like it is actually providing 14% compared to 18% provided by Nirnhoned? Is Nirnhoned giving ~29% more penetration now?
    Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth VR16 AD Sorc - Rank 36 - Axe NA
    Ezareth-Ali VR16 DC NB - Rank 20 - Chillrend NA
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • Daveheart
    Daveheart
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'll have to check when I get home from work. Have you tried any testing to confirm with damage numbers rather than just Harven's yet Timid?
    Daggerfall Covenant (PC-NA)

The Order of Mundus | Nightfighters
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wouldn't put 100% faith in what these add-ons report. Better to test it with real damage on real mobs!
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I wouldn't put 100% faith in what these add-ons report. Better to test it with real damage on real mobs!

I think it takes an add on just to test damage.
    Edited by Armitas on 6 April 2015 17:48
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gina responded on it.
    Ok, thanks for your patience, all. The wording for the Sharpened fix that went in with today's patch was a little misleading, so we want to clarify and make sure we're all on the same page.

Before today's patch, Sharpened was giving too much spell penetration. Today's patch (2.0.4) fixed this issue, and Sharpened will now scale correctly based on your item level. Also, for the record, Sharpened does give less spell penetration compared to Nirnhoned.

We'll update the patch note for Sharpened to reflect this info. Sorry for the confusion!
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • Tankqull
    Tankqull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Armitas wrote: »

I think it takes an add on just to test damage.

na immersion rulez just take a "sharpie" and make some lines on your monitor to evaluate dmg its all fine >:)
    spelling and grammar errors are free to be abused

Sallington wrote: »
    Anything useful that players are wanting added into the game all fall under the category of "Yer ruinin my 'mersion!"

• TheLaw
    TheLaw
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's been this way for awhile. It's bugged, just like ninhorned was.
    -= Shahrzad the Great |Sorc| =-