Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Can we talk about the undodgeable attacks?

SRIBES
SRIBES
✭✭✭✭✭
There are several 'single target' skills in PvP that you can not roll dodge. I understand that roll dodge is a little bit to powerful in it's current state but that conversation is for a different thread. The fact that people can cast these skills for less than the cost of a roll dodge and hit anyone roll dodging is pretty broken and needs a fix.
Examples of some skills that do this:
Whip (DK)
Jabs (templar)
Surprise attack (NB)
What do you think about this bug?
  • Skafsgaard
    Skafsgaard
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think it's ok that you cannot roll out of everything, but it needs balance and attention like everything else
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited supports hundreds of players on screen at once in an open world fight for control of Cyrodiil. Get ready for the most intense online PvP experience ever created, with The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited.

Yes, I am ready...

Source:
    http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/game-guide/the-alliance-war
  • Soulac
    Soulac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There are several 'single target' skills in PvP that you can not roll dodge. I understand that roll dodge is a little bit to powerful in it's current state but that conversation is for a different thread. The fact that people can cast these skills for less than the cost of a roll dodge and hit anyone roll dodging is pretty broken and needs a fix.
    Whip (DK)
    Jabs (templar)
    Surprise attack (NB)

Surprise Attack is dodgeable, but not out of cloak.
    Jabs is an "AoE" if i remember right, so Whip is just buggy in my opinion.
    But I don´t mind if DKs can ignore dodge, it´s not like they have other options to catch a Stamina enemy (besides petrify)
    R.I.P Dawnbreaker / Auriel´s Bow
    Member of the Arena Guild and the overpowered Banana Squad.
    Nathaerizh aka Cat - Nightblade V16 - EU

- Meow -
  • Skafsgaard
    Skafsgaard
    ✭✭✭✭
    Soulac wrote: »
    Whip (DK)
    Jabs (templar)
    Surprise attack (NB)

Yes, jabs/sweeps is a cone like aoe.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited supports hundreds of players on screen at once in an open world fight for control of Cyrodiil. Get ready for the most intense online PvP experience ever created, with The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited.

Yes, I am ready...

Source:
    http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/game-guide/the-alliance-war
  • TheBucket
    TheBucket
    ✭✭✭✭
    You will not dodge my CW. Ive had it go through dodge %95 of the time
    William Reignes
    Magic Nightblade - Rogue Bomber
    Creator of Thirsty Thief Build (Retired 1.5)
  • Kypho
    Kypho
    ✭✭✭✭
    Use ward... ohh nm...
    Whip (DK)
    Jabs (templar)
    Surprise attack (NB)

Roll dodge is too powerful? dont joke. There are several thing what too powerfull, and roll dodge is at the bottom end.
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kypho wrote: »
    Use ward... ohh nm...
    Whip (DK)
    Jabs (templar)
    Surprise attack (NB)

Roll dodge is too powerful? dont joke. There are several thing what too powerfull, and roll dodge is at the bottom end.

I guess that really depends on which side of the fence you are standing.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Gorthax
    Gorthax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kypho wrote: »
    Use ward... ohh nm...
    Whip (DK)
    Jabs (templar)
    Surprise attack (NB)

tell that to the perma roll dodgers who spin in circles around you well dodging only to WB between EVERY roll dodge lol but you are right, perma dodge rolling is not OP as *** right now........everything is fine!
  • Domander
    Domander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whip (DK)
    Jabs (templar)
    Surprise attack (NB)

I don't think it's a bug.

also don't forget to add curse and other spells, and those are ranged.

roll dodge is so powerful though, that dodge spam needs a counter and these are it.
    Edited by Domander on 8 April 2015 03:53
  • Sypher
    Sypher
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Soulac wrote: »
    Whip (DK)
    Jabs (templar)
    Surprise attack (NB)

Surprise Attack is dodgeable, but not out of cloak.
    But I don´t mind if DKs can ignore dodge, it´s not like they have other options to catch a Stamina enemy (besides petrify)

Concealed Weapon is not dodgeable in all shapes and forms. Surprise Attack is, besides out of cloak.

Both whip morphs are not dodgeable.

Jabs is an aimed single target attack that hits everything in front of you, it shouldn't be dodgeable.
    Edited by Sypher on 8 April 2015 04:06
    DC Dragonknight 'Sypher - AD Nightblade Sypher Ali - AD Sorcerer Sypher Sensei - EP Sorcerer Sypharian - DC Templar Ali Sypher

Youtube: www.youtube.com/SypherPK
    Twitch: www.twitch.tv/SypherPK
  • Soulac
    Soulac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yap, tested it a while ago with a Magicka NB.
    While he dodged my attacks, all I could dodge were his light attacks.
    Not even Shuffle works against concealed weapon.
    If I remember right, teleport Strike also ignores dodge, not quite sure about it tho.

R.I.P Dawnbreaker / Auriel´s Bow
    Member of the Arena Guild and the overpowered Banana Squad.
    Nathaerizh aka Cat - Nightblade V16 - EU

- Meow -
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If players in LA can stack shields relentlessly with no viable counter other than insane burst damage, roll dodging should have that same luxury.

If not that, then make all the skills that hit players while roll dodging go thru damage shields.

Balance must be achieved.
  • OdinForge
    OdinForge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    People dodge my surprise attacks all the time.
    The Age of Wrobel.
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Whip (DK)
    Jabs (templar)
    Surprise attack (NB)

The last thing templars need is another nerf.

I get hit through dodge roll all the time with Wrecking Blow, Crit charge, Ambush and Invasion. These abilities are supposedly dodge-able yet they often are not.

I think if ZoS focused on fixing all of these bugs first, and then focused on finding ways to prevent people from exploiting unlimited resources, balance would be a much easier thing to achieve than it is otherwise.

Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth VR16 AD Sorc - Rank 36 - Axe NA
    Ezareth-Ali VR16 DC NB - Rank 20 - Chillrend NA
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube