Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Cleanse (Purge Morph) and Magicka Aid still broken since 1.6 PTS

Huntler
Huntler
✭✭✭✭✭
I have reported this since 1.6 dropped on the PTS, I actually reported it 2 days into the PTS when I found it. I have since reported it through the in game system on both the PTS and live (after 1.6 dropped) many times over. I am at my wits end with this because it is a rather big deal for healing builds. The hilarious thing is I reported to alongside of magicka aid not working for guard/flare... literally... in the same bug report... and they fixed guard/flare.

Basically what is happening is magicka aid is a passive that increases magicka regen rate by 10% per support ability slotted. Right now, it works for the unmorphed purge and morphed efficient purge BUT NOT FOR Cleanse. Please, for the love of all that is Jesus beam and holy. Fix this finally. It seems like nothing but it is actually a huge amount of regen for my and others builds. Its been more than 2 months since first reported. Please, please, please please. @ZOS_GinaBruno

And for those of you that didn't know, well now you do. I've tried all the designed methods to get this fixed, I'm hoping people reading this and pushing for it will actually get something done where in game reports have not.
  • Skafsgaard
    Skafsgaard
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks man, I now regret my respec to cleanse...
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited supports hundreds of players on screen at once in an open world fight for control of Cyrodiil. Get ready for the most intense online PvP experience ever created, with The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited.

Yes, I am ready...

Source:
    http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/game-guide/the-alliance-war
  • Huntler
    Huntler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Skafsgaard wrote: »
    Thanks man, I now regret my respec to cleanse...

Not many seem to know... thought they'd finally fix it with how long ago I reported it. Prolly should have posted here two months ago about it ><
  • Garion
    Garion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just want to put my name against this and say PLEASE ZOS FIX THIS ASAP! Cleanse is an expensive skill. The additional regen is important.
    Lastobeth - VR16 Sorc - PvP Rank 41 (AD)
    Lastoblyat - VR16 Templar - PvP Rank 14 (AD)
    Ninja Pete - VR16 NB - PvP Rank 10 (AD)
    Labo the Banana Slayer - VR14 Sorc - PvP Rank 12 (EP)

Member of Banana Squad | Officer of Arena
  • Kaghei
    Kaghei
    ✭✭✭
    0_0

word
    Alacrity
    World's Fastest AA
    World's First claimer of Bleakers
    First Grand Overlord Slayer
  • Roselle
    Roselle
    ✭✭✭✭
    Please fix.

/signedprincesstroll
    This one was rekt by Zenimax
  • Huntler
    Huntler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Garion wrote: »
    Just want to put my name against this and say PLEASE ZOS FIX THIS ASAP! Cleanse is an expensive skill. The additional regen is important.

Basically this, with the siege changes cleanse is more important than ever coupled with being an extremely expensive skill. Extra regen is very important and since this bug has been in sit 1.6 PTS its kind of ridiculous by now...
  • Manoekin
    Manoekin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Huntler wrote: »
    I have reported this since 1.6 dropped on the PTS, I actually reported it 2 days into the PTS when I found it. I have since reported it through the in game system on both the PTS and live (after 1.6 dropped) many times over. I am at my wits end with this because it is a rather big deal for healing builds. The hilarious thing is I reported to alongside of magicka aid not working for guard/flare... literally... in the same bug report... and they fixed guard/flare.

Basically what is happening is magicka aid is a passive that increases magicka regen rate by 10% per support ability slotted. Right now, it works for the unmorphed purge and morphed efficient purge BUT NOT FOR Cleanse. Please, for the love of all that is Jesus beam and holy. Fix this finally. It seems like nothing but it is actually a huge amount of regen for my and others builds. Its been more than 2 months since first reported. Please, please, please please. @ZOS_GinaBruno

And for those of you that didn't know, well now you do. I've tried all the designed methods to get this fixed, I'm hoping people reading this and pushing for it will actually get something done where in game reports have not.

Need this fixed. I'm missing ~150 regen because of this and it forces me to put barrier on my bar if I want the regen when I could have more variability in my ultimate usage.
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was wondering why I ran out of magicka so quickly. Please fix this.
  • Teargrants
    Teargrants
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I want my cheap 1.6.1 PTS cleanse back with the heal bug that gave a heal regardless of whether there was anything to purge or not.

#FreeCleanse
    POST EQVITEM SEDET ATRA CVRA
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
    EP ※ Teargrants ※
    EP ※ Kissgrants ※
    DC ※ Kirsi ※
    Vehemence Council
    #JustOutOfRenderRange
    ~Teargrants YouTube~
    ┬┴┬┴┤(・_├┬┴┬┴
  • Huntler
    Huntler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hopefully come weekdays they will notice this and finally actually do something about it because in game reporting for months hasn't done a thing.
  • Domander
    Domander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Teargrants wrote: »
    I want my cheap 1.6.1 PTS cleanse back with the heal bug that gave a heal regardless of whether there was anything to purge or not.

#FreeCleanse

That cheap cleanse was so OP, it made it so that using effects against someone with it was a bad strategy. Dot- heal Debuff- heal snare- heal etc.

at least the cost helps balance it out.
  • Sacadon
    Sacadon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everyone should /bug this while in game too BTW. My concern is if they treat single ocurrance reports lower that multiple ones.
  • Huntler
    Huntler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Domander wrote: »
    Teargrants wrote: »

#FreeCleanse

That cheap cleanse was so OP, it made it so that using effects against someone with it was a bad strategy. Dot- heal Debuff- heal snare- heal etc.

at least the cost helps balance it out.

No doubt it was super OP, but this thread isn't about that and is not trying to undo that either. Just simply put a passive that is supposed to increase our magicka regen when this ability is slotted is not working.... and with the high cost of cleanse is a big deal for players who use it.
  • Huntler
    Huntler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sacadon wrote: »
    Everyone should /bug this while in game too BTW. My concern is if they treat single ocurrance reports lower that multiple ones.

That might be why, honestly seems like the only people who know about this were the ones I told so hopefully getting more eyes on this to report it would be a good start. I'm just hoping this gets enough attention since only PvPers really use this ability and ... well... we all know how much attention PvP gets :p. If this ability was necessary to complete a trial it would have been fixed two months ago ><
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    So many bugs in the game reported that have never been fixed or even acknowledged.

Cyrodiil Death bug - Reported back in early *Beta*, 100% reproduce-able and still not fixed...
    Ball of Lightning Bug - Made even more prominent in 1.6 by the fact that have attacks now go through it which break it even more often
    Double Reflect Meteor invisible and unblockable bug
    Damage shields preventing Defensive Posture Stun bug
    Can't use spell power potions with certain active ability bug
    Spell Penetration - Probably the buggiest code in the game with Sharpened, Nirnhoned, 1 hand versus 2 hand benefits, and Spell Erosion all being bugged...plus the entire system operates on math that has no correlation to tooltip bonuses

The best part is in the latest patch notes Sharpened, which is already giving too much penetration compated to everything else was *buffed* Fixed an issue where the Sharpened Trait wasn’t providing enough armor or spell penetration....

This joke never ends....

Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth VR16 AD Sorc - Rank 36 - Axe NA
    Ezareth-Ali VR16 DC NB - Rank 20 - Chillrend NA
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • Huntler
    Huntler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ezareth wrote: »
    So many bugs in the game reported that have never been fixed or even acknowledged.

Cyrodiil Death bug - Reported back in early *Beta*, 100% reproduce-able and still not fixed...
    Ball of Lightning Bug - Made even more prominent in 1.6 by the fact that have attacks now go through it which break it even more often
    Double Reflect Meteor invisible and unblockable bug
    Damage shields preventing Defensive Posture Stun bug
    Can't use spell power potions with certain active ability bug
    Spell Penetration - Probably the buggiest code in the game with Sharpened, Nirnhoned, 1 hand versus 2 hand benefits, and Spell Erosion all being bugged...plus the entire system operates on math that has no correlation to tooltip bonuses

The best part is in the latest patch notes Sharpened, which is already giving too much penetration compated to everything else was *buffed* Fixed an issue where the Sharpened Trait wasn’t providing enough armor or spell penetration....

This joke never ends....

I know, I already posted in the thread they had about it that they just buffed sharpened which is already giving ungodly amounts of spell pen... its ridiculous. Do they even check these things?
  • Huntler
    Huntler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still no word...ZOS plz.... immediately replying to other skills are bugged threads such as http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/163482/ability-tooltip-discrepancy#latest that has nearly zero impact in game while this does :|
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Hey @Huntler, apologies for the delay. Just wanted to let you know that we are aware this isn't working properly, and will work on getting it fixed for a future incremental patch.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Huntler
    Huntler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey @Huntler, apologies for the delay. Just wanted to let you know that we are aware this isn't working properly, and will work on getting it fixed for a future incremental patch.

Thank you Gina for both the work and the response.
  • Jakx
    Jakx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ironically, this is one of the skills responsible for the lag ball to effectively work. Thats for another time and place I suppose. Bugs should be fixed.
    Joined September 2013
  • Rudyard
    Rudyard
    ✭✭✭
    I'm curious as to why you are using the alliance skill purge instead of the templar purge (cleansing ritual) that costs only half as much. Yeah, you get a higher heal with the alliance skill, but it takes so much magicka.

Regardless, a bugged skill needs to be fixed.
    Deacon Grim
  • Huntler
    Huntler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rudyard wrote: »
    I'm curious as to why you are using the alliance skill purge instead of the templar purge (cleansing ritual) that costs only half as much. Yeah, you get a higher heal with the alliance skill, but it takes so much magicka.

It is the counter to siege damage. It heals beyond the heal cap (more than 6), its a significant heal, in addition the added buff is extremely potent (6 seconds of reduced duration on negative effects, this includes anything from dots, to snares, cc's, etc.). Furthermore it is instant response as compared to the templar purge which has both a delay for the synergy to pop up and a delay to use the synergy. That 1-2 seconds time for a player to get it and use it can be life/death.

Cleanse > purifying ritual all day for purging purposes, purifying is good for other purposes and should be run by 1 templar in an organized group, only 1.
  • Jaxsun
    Jaxsun
    ✭✭✭✭

One reason is because purge works on allies when you use it, purifying ritual has to be activated via synergy by your allies for them to receive the clearing of negative effects
  • Attorneyatlawl
    Attorneyatlawl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Uh, because cleansing ritual is ground based, requires someone to actively synergize it, and is available to templars only. Purge works on everyone near you instantly, provides 6 seconds of half durations of negative effects on you, and costs about the same when morphed to efficient purge or more but does nice healing on affected allies with cleansing purge. To top it off anyone can slot it. I'm far more curious as to why you are trying to use cleansing ritual as a substitute for purge when they don't really serve the same function?
    -First-Wave Closed Beta Tester of the Psijic Order, aka the 0.016 percent.
    Exploits suck. Don't blame just the game, blame the players abusing them!

-Playing since July 2013, back when we had a killspam channel in Cyrodiil and the lands of Tamriel were roamed by dinosaurs.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I can animation cancel efficient purge as fast as I can and never run out of magicka so the cost is negligible. It is so useful in so many situations.

I've always wanted to try cleansing purge but....damage shields = no damage to my health to heal.
    Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth VR16 AD Sorc - Rank 36 - Axe NA
    Ezareth-Ali VR16 DC NB - Rank 20 - Chillrend NA
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • Huntler
    Huntler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ezareth wrote: »
    I can animation cancel efficient purge as fast as I can and never run out of magicka so the cost is negligible. It is so useful in so many situations.

I've always wanted to try cleansing purge but....damage shields = no damage to my health to heal.

Cleansing purge is actually very strong even in solo or small mans, Krim swears by it as a tank NB, but for you I think your shields are probably just far more efficient point for point whereas a NB like Krim doesn't have the same options.
  • Rudyard
    Rudyard
    ✭✭✭

It is the counter to siege damage. It heals beyond the heal cap (more than 6), its a significant heal, in addition the added buff is extremely potent (6 seconds of reduced duration on negative effects, this includes anything from dots, to snares, cc's, etc.). Furthermore it is instant response as compared to the templar purge which has both a delay for the synergy to pop up and a delay to use the synergy. That 1-2 seconds time for a player to get it and use it can be life/death.

Cleanse > purifying ritual all day for purging purposes, purifying is good for other purposes and should be run by 1 templar in an organized group, only 1.

Thank you. I know there's always logic to an Alacrity build, I was just trying to figure that one out.
    Edited by Rudyard on 7 April 2015 22:49
    Deacon Grim
  • Rudyard
    Rudyard
    ✭✭✭

Uh, because cleansing ritual is ground based, requires someone to actively synergize it, and is available to templars only. Purge works on everyone near you instantly, provides 6 seconds of half durations of negative effects on you, and costs about the same when morphed to efficient purge or more but does nice healing on affected allies with cleansing purge. To top it off anyone can slot it. I'm far more curious as to why you are trying to use cleansing ritual as a substitute for purge when they don't really serve the same function?

I was specifically asking Huntlar that because I know he is a templar. He certainly provided a logical argument for using purge.

Why do I use Purifying Ritual? Because I often run solo or in small groups and it's a multi-purpose skill. It provides me a heal over time, last 12 seconds, and gives a 15% bonus to my healing on myself and others in the circle. Purifying Ritual costs 1/3 less than Efficient Purge. Purifying Ritual removes up to 5 harmful effects at once. Yes, most situations you're going to have 2 on you at most, but when you are often running solo or small groups, it helps to be prepared. There's certainly an argument for both and I'll be experimenting around with Purge.

It was a question without an agenda or inherent criticism, I don't know why people on these forums have to take questions as an insult of some sort, it wasn't intended that way. It was just a straight forward question of curiosity, as I know Alacrity members think through their builds and the game mechanics. Fighting Alacrity frequently frustrates me, but I have nothing but respect for their abilities and play style.
    Deacon Grim
  • Huntler
    Huntler
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you. I know there's always logic to an Alacrity build, I was just trying to figure that one out.

Anytime :) and as for your followup post, technically standing in purifying ritual is a 30% boost, not 15 :). Its definitely powerful, but when it comes to organized play every templar can take advantage of just 1 person running it (the passive applies to all of them regardless of who's purify it is).
  • Attorneyatlawl
    Attorneyatlawl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I was specifically asking Huntlar that because I know he is a templar. He certainly provided a logical argument for using purge.

You're welcome, as I said they serve different purposes ;). If you wanted to ask someone in particular, you might have wanted to have said that if someone else answering as well wasn't going to sit well with you. You neither quoted or named anyone and posted in a public thread, so I dropped my explanation to help too.
    Edited by Attorneyatlawl on 8 April 2015 00:02
    -First-Wave Closed Beta Tester of the Psijic Order, aka the 0.016 percent.
    Exploits suck. Don't blame just the game, blame the players abusing them!

-Playing since July 2013, back when we had a killspam channel in Cyrodiil and the lands of Tamriel were roamed by dinosaurs.