Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Invincible Gate Stone and Invis-barrier portcullis windows

Merlin13KAGL
Merlin13KAGL
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
Not sure what enchantment Gates currently have on them, but if Keeps were made of the same, there would be no turnover...ever.

We've all been there, stalemates or drawn out battles worse than any bridge warfare could ever hope to be.

You should be able to knock down at least part of a Gate structure (providing a secondary entrance) or there should be some damage passed through the open-air windows. (Saw a poor guy butted up to one pinging arrows for all he was worth trying to hget

This should go both directions, as it the single entrance/exit often leads to confontations that almost cannot progress.
Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you talking about the gates guarding the scroll temples?

If so being able to break them down and enter would make the keeps part of the scroll defence pointless, no one would ever fight over homekeeps when they could quick siege run a raid in, hide, wait 20mins for everyone to repair/get bored then steal the scroll.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Turelus , no, referring to the Mile Gates such as Chalman_Milegate or Chorrol_Milegate

The one's between territories that are Alliance neutral. They could be set to rebuild automatically after being "Out of Combat" for a period of time or use Wall Repair kits if someone on the inner so desired.

The scroll gates should be a bottleneck pain in the butt.
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • iseko
    iseko
    ✭✭✭✭
    could always make scroll gates indestructible untill they are open... Love the idea btw. Thumbs up
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ah, than I I don't see so much of an issue with them being something more destructible.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It would help eliminate some of the long pointless standoffs at the bottle neck with neither side wanting to step in the 50 overlapping AoE's or the Ballista crossfire.

It would force the protected fish in a barrel to watch the openings and breaks in walls would eventually force some restrategization.

I suppose, technically, you could always take a team and go the really long way around, but...

Just seems a little absurd to me that you set up 10 seige and drop a keep wall in 2 minutes flat, but you set up 20 and the minor gate being held up with Tamrelic railroad ties and bailing wire never gets so much as scratch in the stone.

Earn it.