Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Information desk - for new players.

Re4jaw
Re4jaw
Greetings,

Today my 5th day in ESO. I like the game very much. I mean its kinda different to me especially after 8-9 years of wow but its quite good.I really like it. But for a pvp player, I can't find any topic in-game or in forum. I don't know how to go, I don't know what to do, I really don't know anything at all.

My question is "how can I join pvp? what should I do? How many different kind of games that I can join?"

Thanks in advance.
Level 19 - Wood Elf Nightblade

*veteran - morrowind,oblivion,skyrim
*recruit - online
  • Kas
    Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    use the alliance war hotkey (L by default). Pick a campaign. I suggest you use the non-vet campaign for a start. campaigns have a duration of 7 to 30 days, so changing later it not an issue.

First, try to join your faction's "zerg". Once you have afeeling, try to get somethign done on your own. Soon you'll learn how blocking is absolutely crucial, then how it's all abount managing resources during a fight. zero stamina will lead to 0 health pretty soon.

Take your time. There are players (also in nonvet) that PvP many hours a day for a year know. Don't get discouraged if you get dominated by some. Ont the rbight side, there are plenty of other new players (and a couple who play for a year and still don't no anything), so you also will have some success.

I stringly recommend you don't choose a "pvp only" route too early. There is (slightly or significantly depending on playstle) more XP PvE, there are some decent drop, but most importantly, there is a lot more combat and less walking/riding/sieging/waiting/dieing.

Hence, you'll practice your very basic movement and combat skills more efficiently in PvE. That being said, eventually you'll need to pvp to get meaningful practice, because PvE mechanics are FAR more predictable.
    @bbu - AD/EU
    Kasiia - Templar (AR46)
    Kasiir Aberion - Sorc (AR38)
    Dr Kastafari - Warden (~AR31)
    + many others
  • iseko
    iseko
    ✭✭✭✭
    What he said. Also: join a guild. A lot of good fun guilds allow low lvls. Especially with the siege buff.
    Edited by iseko on 2 April 2015 10:14
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Re4jaw wrote: »
    Greetings,

Today my 5th day in ESO. I like the game very much. I mean its kinda different to me especially after 8-9 years of wow but its quite good.I really like it. But for a pvp player, I can't find any topic in-game or in forum. I don't know how to go, I don't know what to do, I really don't know anything at all.

My question is "how can I join pvp? what should I do? How many different kind of games that I can join?"

Thanks in advance.

@Re4jaw

Be prepared to die....a lot...but try to learn something from each death if you can. There is a steep learning curve in this game. If you can show to other people that you're quick to learn and interested in taking advice from others you can make up a lot of ground quick and learn many things that took other players months to learn. You just need to find a player or group of players willing to invest in you.

Understanding all of the class abilities and game mechanics and how they work with each other will give you the greatest increase in effectiveness. You can learn much of this from others telling you about them, but many things you have to experience to really get.

Many things like how to Dodge roll, how to break free, and how (and what) to Block are not obvious in this game so those would be the first things I'd focus on perfecting as a new player.
    Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth VR16 AD Sorc - Rank 36 - Axe NA
    Ezareth-Ali VR16 DC NB - Rank 20 - Chillrend NA
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • Ara_Valleria
    Ara_Valleria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    *Walks up to the information Desk*

"Hi, which way to the washroom ?"
    °‡° ÁDAMANT °‡°
    The Addon Abusers, Exploiters & Macro'ers Refuge
    •••• | Ara Valleria - AD NightBlade | Templàra Valleria - AD Templar | Åra Valleria - AD DragonKnight | Ára V - AD DragonKnight | Ara Laifu - DC NightBlade | Ara Waifu - EP Sorcerer | ••••

••••••| YOUTUBE |••••••
    Want to take a break from all the Lagging|Crashing|Cancer ?
    Play Albion Online
  • lujate
    lujate
    I'm new myself. I just hit L10 yesterday and jumped into the non-vet campaign. Here are few thoughts that might help, YMMV.

The map is enormous, bring a horse. It is also a confusing mass of dead-ends and box canyons. The only way I found to leave, was to run back to the start (which didn't seem to be marked in any way).

Don't get caught out alone. I knew that going into it, but I got first-hand experience to reinforce it.

You can't have characters from different factions both in non-vet campaign. I found this out because I'm still trying to pick my main.
  • RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dont be afraid to roam alone, it will be a hard experience but you will learn more, it will make you a better player which in turn will help you be a better asset to your team.

Stealth is your friend, proceed slowly, be patient, observe, practice not dying and picking and choosing your fights wisely. The less you die the more you can help your team.

The less time you spend on your horse the better. There are ways to boost your move speed that your better off using instead of mounting.

Lasty look at your surroundings, does it look like a good place to ambush someone? If it does, it likely is. If your alone avoid those areas or stealth through them.

Good luck
    Rinaldo Gandolphi-Breton Sorcerer Daggerfall Covenant
    Juste Gandolphi Dark Elf Templar Daggerfall Covenant
    Richter Gandolphi - Dark Elf Dragonknight Daggerfall Covenant
    Mathias Gandolphi - Breton Nightblade Daggerfall Covenant
    RinaldoGandolphi - High Elf Sorcerer Aldmeri Dominion
    Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP

Sorcerer's - The ONLY class in the game that is punished for using its class defining skill (Bolt Escape)

"Here in his shrine, that they have forgotten. Here do we toil, that we might remember. By night we reclaim, what by day was stolen. Far from ourselves, he grows ever near to us. Our eyes once were blinded, now through him do we see. Our hands once were idle, now through them does he speak. And when the world shall listen, and when the world shall see, and when the world remembers, that world will cease to be. - Miraak

• Minnesinger
    Minnesinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I read the threads made by new players like you I am sure the game will benefit much. You will learn and have fun doing it. If some frustration hits don´t be afraid to come to the forums to shed light on it.

P.S. What happened to the Black Alliance?
    The wind is cold where I live,
    The blizzard is my home,
    Snow and ice and loaded dice, the Wizard lives alone.
  • lujate
    lujate
    woodsro wrote: »
    Dont be afraid to roam alone, it will be a hard experience but you will learn more, it will make you a better player which in turn will help you be a better asset to your team.

Stealth is your friend, proceed slowly, be patient, observe, practice not dying and picking and choosing your fights wisely. The less you die the more you can help your team.

The less time you spend on your horse the better. There are ways to boost your move speed that your better off using instead of mounting.

Lasty look at your surroundings, does it look like a good place to ambush someone? If it does, it likely is. If your alone avoid those areas or stealth through them.

Good luck
    Personally, I plan on putting off the solo roaming until closer to max level. I don't see it being anything but frustrating at very low levels.

Horse alternatives?!? Woo-hoo! :)