Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

I'm just returning to the game, so what is now the best PVP class?

Schallen
Schallen
✭✭✭
Id like to know what class best suits a PVP play style.
Schallen

Class: Nightblade

Role: DPS

Favorite Movie: The Notebook

Ideal Date: A long walk on the beach followed by a goodnight kiss

Interested In: Women

• Sypher
    Sypher
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    That's not how it works.
    DC Dragonknight 'Sypher - AD Nightblade Sypher Ali - AD Sorcerer Sypher Sensei - EP Sorcerer Sypharian - DC Templar Ali Sypher

Youtube: www.youtube.com/SypherPK
    Twitch: www.twitch.tv/SypherPK
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Schallen wrote: »

The Sniper class
    COD4_header.jpg
    Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth VR16 AD Sorc - Rank 36 - Axe NA
    Ezareth-Ali VR16 DC NB - Rank 20 - Chillrend NA
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • Teargrants
    Teargrants
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Fire balista class, best dps.
    Firepot treb class, best burst.

Make sure to spec into flaming oil for your off bar though.
    POST EQVITEM SEDET ATRA CVRA
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
    EP ※ Teargrants ※
    EP ※ Kissgrants ※
    DC ※ Kirsi ※
    Vehemence Council
    #JustOutOfRenderRange
    ~Teargrants YouTube~
    ┬┴┬┴┤(・_├┬┴┬┴
  • sadownik
    sadownik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Teargrants wrote: »
    Fire balista class, best dps.
    Firepot treb class, best burst.

Make sure to spec into flaming oil for your off bar though.

You beat me to it mate.
    Cheers
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    there is no "best class" they all work equally.

pick the one that suits you best.
  • Vis
    Vis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is an interesting game. All can be made into tanks. All can be made into run and gun dps. All can be made into sniper. I have 3 of the 4 classes at v14, and I have used all of them in every role so far. Enjoy!
    v14 Sorc Vae Exillis
    v14 DK Costs
    v14 NB 'Vis
    v14 Temp Fiat Lux

• pkb16_ESO2
    pkb16_ESO2
    ✭✭✭
    ... just play sorc. You ll be unbeatable and can still complain in forum.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1) first on the list now of greatest survival and damage output is the sorcerer
    2) second on list is dragonight
    3) third is the templar
    4) and last place belongs to the nightblade
  • Dositheus
    Dositheus
    ✭✭✭
    Blinxey is the real ultimate power.
  • coolermh
    coolermh
    ✭✭✭
    Right now the best class for pvp is clearly sorc. They have the best dps, defense and mobility... however, I wouldn't roll based on the best class cause it is likely that in time they will balance some of the issues that make sorc a little above every other class.
    -MrHeid625
    Max Chars:
    Magika Sorc AD
    Stamina NB AD
    Stam DK AD
    Magika NB-
    Magika Temp-
    Stam Warden
    Stam Sorc
    Mag Warden
  • Erock25
    Erock25
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Don't let the nimrods fool you.... DK is still the best class. Sorc is the best troll class. The one where you can make people chase you for 5 minutes before they kill you so people get angry taht they wasted all that time and come complain about it on the forums. DK is the class that can still 1 vs X like a champ.
    You earned the 500 LOLs badge.
    You received 500 LOLs. It ain't no fluke, you post great stuff and we're lucky to have you here. +50 points
  • Kypho
    Kypho
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sorcerer for sure. just spam ward so 12k snipe wont hurt you.

BUT!!! If you dont want to play with overpowered class, play sniper.
  • Docmandu
    Docmandu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    By the time you hit VR14 it will all have changed 20 times already.. better play what you like and save yourself the heartache and us the forum cries for when your class gets the nerf treatment due to OP'edness :-)
  • Nivzruo_ESO
    Nivzruo_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Solo/small scale play, Sorc or stam spec NB ( Snipe/ Ambush>Deathstroke are about on par)

Group play(20+) Templars are top healers & DKs still rule the AoE game.
    Nelgyntc- V14 NB
  • cozmon3c_ESO
    cozmon3c_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    vampire damage exploit is the top class right now, and it happens to be played by 2 sorcs (sorcs not op these dudes exploiting are). how are these guys not banned yet ZoS????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
    Guild UMBRA Chapter Lead
    ~Leper Si -V14 Sorcerer~
    Youtube Channel - Leper
    https://www.youtube.com/user/TheCozmon3c/videos
  • Draxys
    Draxys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Choose one that seems like it would be fun to you and figure out a good build and a fun way to play it. That's the best PvP class.

rip decibel
  • Teargrants
    Teargrants
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    coolermh wrote: »
    Right now the best class for pvp is clearly sorc. They have the best dps, defense and mobility... however, I wouldn't roll based on the best class cause it is likely that in time they will balance some of the issues that make sorc a little above every other class.
    Spoken like a true Forum Blade. Please do elaborate how sorc has the best dps & defense?
    POST EQVITEM SEDET ATRA CVRA
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
    EP ※ Teargrants ※
    EP ※ Kissgrants ※
    DC ※ Kirsi ※
    Vehemence Council
    #JustOutOfRenderRange
    ~Teargrants YouTube~
    ┬┴┬┴┤(・_├┬┴┬┴
  • monkeymystic
    monkeymystic
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sorc is godmode atm
  • Shuichi
    Shuichi
    ✭✭✭
    Schallen!

Welcome back, stick with whatever playstyle you like its all equal
    Hand of Sithis - Daggerfall Covenant
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    That sig, what the?
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    vampire damage exploit is the top class right now, and it happens to be played by 2 sorcs (sorcs not op these dudes exploiting are). how are these guys not banned yet ZoS????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

ZOS fully supports and protects those cheaters.

the forums are their greatest concern.

this game is a cheaters paradise. You better get used to it or you will always be stressed over it.

Be sure to tell all of your friends that are interested in the game:D
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    do not listen to all the milk drinking tribunal worshiping cheese eating fools that are saying sorcs are OP. they are not, they just happen to work a little better with the new damage shield spam/stack meta than the other three classes. Once the shields go down, they drop like flies.
  • RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    While sorc is good the class as a whole isn't OP its just the most mobile.

Honestly though, I'd say Templar. Google Ebonheart Templar. That Templar build is probably the most versatile build in the game as it performs very well against all the other classes with no real glaring weakness. That build will absolutely wreck sorcs. Do very well against DK and NB.

Just my take, Templar can do very well with stamina builds while still having a damage shield that does damage and good skills to up regen rates and damage. The Jesus beam is over rated, but a good stamina templar build like ebonheart templar is a force to be reckoned with.

Rinaldo Gandolphi-Breton Sorcerer Daggerfall Covenant
    Juste Gandolphi Dark Elf Templar Daggerfall Covenant
    Richter Gandolphi - Dark Elf Dragonknight Daggerfall Covenant
    Mathias Gandolphi - Breton Nightblade Daggerfall Covenant
    RinaldoGandolphi - High Elf Sorcerer Aldmeri Dominion
    Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP

Sorcerer's - The ONLY class in the game that is punished for using its class defining skill (Bolt Escape)

"Here in his shrine, that they have forgotten. Here do we toil, that we might remember. By night we reclaim, what by day was stolen. Far from ourselves, he grows ever near to us. Our eyes once were blinded, now through him do we see. Our hands once were idle, now through them does he speak. And when the world shall listen, and when the world shall see, and when the world remembers, that world will cease to be. - Miraak

• Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Sorc is godmode atm

To people who die repeatedly to power overload without ever dodge rolling once I can see how you can think that.

Try tapping any direction twice real fast the next time the Gods visit.
    Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • Vis
    Vis
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sorc is godmode atm

You truly live up to your name.
    v14 Sorc Vae Exillis
    v14 DK Costs
    v14 NB 'Vis
    v14 Temp Fiat Lux

• RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ezareth wrote: »

Sorc is godmode atm

To people who die repeatedly to power overload without ever dodge rolling once I can see how you can think that.

Try tapping any direction twice real fast the next time the Gods visit.

This is comical, but sadly so true. power overload is not only reflectable, but its the easiest ultimate in the game to avoid or dodge.
    Rinaldo Gandolphi-Breton Sorcerer Daggerfall Covenant
    Juste Gandolphi Dark Elf Templar Daggerfall Covenant
    Richter Gandolphi - Dark Elf Dragonknight Daggerfall Covenant
    Mathias Gandolphi - Breton Nightblade Daggerfall Covenant
    RinaldoGandolphi - High Elf Sorcerer Aldmeri Dominion
    Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP

Sorcerer's - The ONLY class in the game that is punished for using its class defining skill (Bolt Escape)

"Here in his shrine, that they have forgotten. Here do we toil, that we might remember. By night we reclaim, what by day was stolen. Far from ourselves, he grows ever near to us. Our eyes once were blinded, now through him do we see. Our hands once were idle, now through them does he speak. And when the world shall listen, and when the world shall see, and when the world remembers, that world will cease to be. - Miraak

• cozmon3c_ESO
    cozmon3c_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    woodsro wrote: »

Honestly though, I'd say Templar. Google Ebonheart Templar. That Templar build is probably the most versatile build in the game as it performs very well against all the other classes with no real glaring weakness. That build will absolutely wreck sorcs. Do very well against DK and NB.

Just my take, Templar can do very well with stamina builds while still having a damage shield that does damage and good skills to up regen rates and damage. The Jesus beam is over rated, but a good stamina templar build like ebonheart templar is a force to be reckoned with.

oh rolly polly templar build, rolling around a rock
    why cant you just roll straight, so i can detonate your ass.
    im bad at rhyming stuff, but i dont really care,
    as long as i can kill that rolly polly templar, rolling around a rock.
    Guild UMBRA Chapter Lead
    ~Leper Si -V14 Sorcerer~
    Youtube Channel - Leper
    https://www.youtube.com/user/TheCozmon3c/videos
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Yeah that b*stard is always rolling around rocks and trees using my own troll against me as I consume all my magick bolting around the tree to keep trying to cast on him only to be LoS again. Keep Rollin Rollin Rollin....

I love fights with him ( =
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • Vis
    Vis
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah that b*stard is always rolling around rocks and trees using my own troll against me as I consume all my magick bolting around the tree to keep trying to cast on him only to be LoS again. Keep Rollin Rollin Rollin....

It's one reason I have volcanic rune on my bar. You want to spam roll around that rock? Rejected!
    v14 Sorc Vae Exillis
    v14 DK Costs
    v14 NB 'Vis
    v14 Temp Fiat Lux

• Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vis wrote: »

It's one reason I have volcanic rune on my bar. You want to spam roll around that rock? Rejected!

Yeah I use mines similarly to stop that but the smart ones usually see them and just pick the next tree ) =
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube