The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.0.3 is available.

Weapon Swap

pmn100b16_ESO
pmn100b16_ESO
✭✭✭✭✭
I've noticed we now have a padlock on the skill bar whenever we use a skill and when swapping weapons. It seems to be locking the skill bar out until the cooldown of the skill has expired. Not sure if its just that I'm EU and playing on (I assume) a NA PTS, but the weapon swapping seems really unreliable because of this. Many times I'm hitting weapon swap and its just not swapping because I'm hitting it too soon after a skill. I figure this is to stop the double swapping of weapons, but its left weapon swapping even less responsive than before. Maybe its something to get used too but its really slowing my combat down at the moment.
  • Helluin
    Helluin
    ✭✭✭
    Same, Idk if it's a matter of latency to the NA PTS, otherwise I prefer how is weapon swap on live server, even with the risk of double swap.
    There is the option of separate keybinds per bar but I still prefer the same key.
    "... and the blue fire of Helluin flickered in the mists above the borders of the world, in that hour the Children of the Earth awoke, the Firstborn of Ilúvatar."
    Options
  • kkampaseb17_ESO
    kkampaseb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Weapon swap is very clunky indeed. Maybe it is latency dependent since I see US players weapon swaping fine during combat.
    Options
  • Domander
    Domander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you roll dodge and then try to weapon swap it doesn't work either, it can be frustrating. It works fine on live.
    Options
  • kkampaseb17_ESO
    kkampaseb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Dodge rolling seems to have other problems too. If you dodge roll and try to immediately initiate a heavy attack your character stays idle looking at your opponent who shreds you into pieces. The Heavy attack doesn't start when the roll is over....it never starts. You have to start it again....Of course it is not like this on live which is far more fluid.
    Edited by kkampaseb17_ESO on 5 February 2015 09:41
    Options
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think this is the new mechanic working as intended. If they had just made weapon swap truely instant we would not have to cope with a new (sometimes more - sometimes less) clunky mechanic every other patch.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

Options
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree, did some pvp on pts yesterday and weapon swap was not a good experience. You couldnt switch as fluently as you used to.

PC EU
    PvP only
    Options