The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.0.4 is available.

Regarding Horses and Riding Skill

Rylana
Rylana
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
So a discussion in teamspeak led to this question.

The current belief is that you have to own all three special horses and max them to get the maxed stats on 1.6

However, the question was asked that I couldnt answer. If a pithy individual purchased three Imperial horses and leveled one for stam, one for speed, and one for carry...

When those three horses convert, would it max out riding skill without the addional "skins"

Looking to help a few guildies save some cash money here
@rylanadionysis == Closed Beta Tester October 2013 == Retired October 2016 == Uninstalled @ One Tamriel Release == Inactive Indefinitely
Ebonheart Pact: Lyzara Dionysis - Sorc - AR 37 (Former Empress of Blackwater Blade and Haderus) == Shondra Dionysis - Temp - AR 23 == Arrianaya Dionysis - DK - AR 17
Aldmeri Dominion: Rylana Dionysis - DK - AR 25 == Kailiana - NB - AR 21 == Minerva Dionysis - Temp - AR 21 == Victoria Dionysis - Sorc - AR 13
Daggerfall Covenant: Dannika Dionysis - DK - AR 21 == The Catman Rises - Temp - AR 15 (Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade)
Forum LOL Champion (retired) == Black Belt in Ballista-Fu == The Last Vice Member == Praise Cheesus == Electro-Goblin
  • Natjur
    Natjur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The base stat of the horse is included in your new riding skill

So you will get up with 10 more points in each riding skill if you maxed the 'special' horses instead of the imperial horses.

But once its converted, you can still buy upgrades and get to the same max as anyone else. So don't waste your time and buy the special ones.

The dev's answered it here But currently on PST, the base stats of the horse did NOT get added to the riding skill (I got 50/50/50 when I would of expected higher since I have a horse with base 20 speed and one with based 20 stamina and one with based 20 bags)
    Edited by Natjur on 28 January 2015 22:02
    Options
  • Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thats not the meat of my question though.

Should my guildies spend 120k gold to buy each of the three horse types to level up

or 3 gold and just use a white horse to level individual stats.

will both methods result in a 50 50 50 riding
    Edited by Rylana on 28 January 2015 21:10
    @rylanadionysis == Closed Beta Tester October 2013 == Retired October 2016 == Uninstalled @ One Tamriel Release == Inactive Indefinitely
    Ebonheart Pact: Lyzara Dionysis - Sorc - AR 37 (Former Empress of Blackwater Blade and Haderus) == Shondra Dionysis - Temp - AR 23 == Arrianaya Dionysis - DK - AR 17
    Aldmeri Dominion: Rylana Dionysis - DK - AR 25 == Kailiana - NB - AR 21 == Minerva Dionysis - Temp - AR 21 == Victoria Dionysis - Sorc - AR 13
    Daggerfall Covenant: Dannika Dionysis - DK - AR 21 == The Catman Rises - Temp - AR 15 (Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade)
    Forum LOL Champion (retired) == Black Belt in Ballista-Fu == The Last Vice Member == Praise Cheesus == Electro-Goblin
    Options
  • Valen_Byte
    Valen_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I was not happy at all to find those ugly ass saddle bags on my black horse. Not a fan of the horse changes.
    ***Dixon Kay MagDK FORMER EMPEROR***Deca Dix MagDK FORMER EMPORER***Valonious MagPlar FORMER EMPEROR***
    GM of BYTE
    MAY YOUR DEATHS BE SWIFT, AND YOUR LOAD SCREENS LONG.
    And alien tears will fill for him, Pity’s long-broken urn, For his mourners will be outcast men, And outcasts always mourn
    Options
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is there no way to go above 50-50-50 in riding? The whole point of buying the pack horse was the extra inventory space...
    The Moot Councillor
    Options
  • Slurg
    Slurg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Theoretically buying and maxing all 3 of the 42k horses was supposed to max out your riding skill. But some people do not see those maximums being applied on PTS. Not sure if this is a bug or intended.

You can still increase your riding skill up to the maximum after the conversion.

It might be wiser to buy the 3 cheap horses and feed them to 50, and then plan to spend a month getting the extra 10 on each skill through riding skill after the change.

Edit: Who knows for sure though at this point. It's PTS and subject to change at any minute. Maybe just buy the horse you like and hope for the best.
    Edited by Slurg on 28 January 2015 21:31
    Happy All the Holidays To You and Yours!
    Remembering better days of less RNG in all the things.
    Options
  • ItsMeToo
    ItsMeToo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mine says I can have 60/60/60 as the max no matter the horse type.
    FYI - There is no such thing as 'night capping' in a world wide MMO.
    FYI - There was no paid Beta. When they launched the game the Beta was over, even if you don't think it was.
    FYI - It's B2P not F2P. There is a difference.
    FYI - It doesn't take any player skill to mash keys or buttons in this game. The ones that stay alive longer have the better internet connection and speed.
    FYI - The game is not broken, it still works. It just has 'bugs' that need to be fixed.
    Balance is a "Bad" thing.

Example: There were hundreds of Jedi and only two Sith in Star Wars. The Jedi wanted, "Balance in the Force" and they got it. Now there are only two Jedi and two Sith.

Balance is a "Bad" thing.
    Is the glass half full or half empty?
    I say, "Get a smaller glass."
    Options
  • Fruitdog
    Fruitdog
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rylana wrote: »
    Thats not the meat of my question though.

Should my guildies spend 120k gold to buy each of the three horse types to level up

or 3 gold and just use a white horse to level individual stats.

will both methods result in a 50 50 50 riding

I think they should get the 1 gold horse and level those.

On my DK I had the speed horse and two imp horses and got 50 speed- 21 stam(horse was in the process of being leveled) - 50 bag space

On my sorc I had 3 imp horses and got 50 speed - 20 stam (same deal as before) - 50 bag space
    Options