The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.0.4 is available.

get to character select screen, stuck

rmarsh936
rmarsh936
✭✭
I get logged into my account, and I every time that I select my character, I get stuck on the scree where it says "requesting character load." Please help.
  • ZOS_TristanK
    ZOS_TristanK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey, @rmarsh936. Thank for your report! We are currently investigating this kind of lock out. Typically waiting about 30 before trying to zone again will get you through. We recommend hopping onto a different character or making a new one using the template to play in the meantime.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Options
    Staff Post
  • rmarsh936
    rmarsh936
    ✭✭
    ok, thanks, I'll try that. And I really appreciate the fast response.
    Options
  • Moonshadow66
    Moonshadow66
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey, @rmarsh936. Thank for your report! We are currently investigating this kind of lock out. Typically waiting about 30 before trying to zone again will get you through. We recommend hopping onto a different character or making a new one using the template to play in the meantime.

I was hoping to get any kind of response on my question as well, but still nothing after 5 hours.
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/148625/black-screen-when-pressing-play-after-updating-pts-to-1-6?new=1
    Are you investigating that, too, or will I be the only one who cannot even start the game on PTS?

Venus Ocean - Breton Sorceress VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Gixia - Breton Sorceress VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero
    Frances Demnevanni - Breton Dragonknight VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Raygee - Breton Nightblade VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero
    Lady Olivieri - Breton Nightblade VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Donna Demnevanni - Breton Templar VR16, DC, Tamriel Hero
    Elaine Benes - Breton Templar VR16, EP | Ray McCluck - Breton Sorcerer VR16, EP
    Moonshadow Demnevanni - Dunmer Dragonknight Lvl 50, EP | Jamie Stacey - Redguard Templar Lvl 50, EP
    Caia Cosades - Imperial Nightblade, EP

Options
  • rmarsh936
    rmarsh936
    ✭✭
    I waited half an hour, and even made a template character in the meantime, but I logged out to try to log into my main character again, and I am still stuck on the character select screen with request character load.
    Options
  • ZOS_TristanK
    ZOS_TristanK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the reply, @rmarsh936. Out of curiosity, what zone is your character trying to log into?
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Options
    Staff Post
  • rmarsh936
    rmarsh936
    ✭✭
    Malabol Tor, and I finally got in. Thanks for the quick responses.
    Options
  • ZOS_TristanK
    ZOS_TristanK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glad you're in and testing! :)
    Options
    Staff Post
  • Moonshadow66
    Moonshadow66
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just unsubbed since I'm obviously getting ignored here and in the other thread.
    I never thought I ever would.
    Venus Ocean - Breton Sorceress VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Gixia - Breton Sorceress VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero
    Frances Demnevanni - Breton Dragonknight VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Raygee - Breton Nightblade VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero
    Lady Olivieri - Breton Nightblade VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Donna Demnevanni - Breton Templar VR16, DC, Tamriel Hero
    Elaine Benes - Breton Templar VR16, EP | Ray McCluck - Breton Sorcerer VR16, EP
    Moonshadow Demnevanni - Dunmer Dragonknight Lvl 50, EP | Jamie Stacey - Redguard Templar Lvl 50, EP
    Caia Cosades - Imperial Nightblade, EP

Options
  • Argent
    Argent
    Soul Shriven
    I haven't gotten the chance yet to try today, but I'd like to chime in to say that one of my characters had this same issue. He was also in Malabal Tor, and whenever I tried to log into that character, I would get stuck at "requesting character load" with no progress, even when trying it again after an hour or two. All my other characters got in fine, just this one had issues.
    Options