The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.0.4 is available.

Recipes

Daraugh
Daraugh
✭✭✭✭✭
So since all backpacks, dressers and trunks in towns are now considered stealing, how do we ever find provisioning recipes? I don't want all my toons to be thieves. The only possible way is to get lucky finding them out in the wild and that makes it very, very difficult for new provisioners to find recipes just to do the crafting writs. If I'm missing something here, please tell me.
May all beings have happiness
May they be free from suffering
May they find the joy that has never known suffering
May they be free from attachment and hatred
  • Islyn
    Islyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dwemer Ruins/Delves?
    Options
  • ben_ESO5
    ben_ESO5
    ✭✭✭
    As the devs stated in another post (too lazy to look it up), in places of civilization, where there's law, stuff is generally owned. Out in the world however....
    Options
  • LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Go to Cyrodiil as every container there can be looted freely without it being considered stealing.
    Options
  • Slurg
    Slurg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've also had recipes drop from killing enemies before, though rarely. Perhaps the drop rate can be increased.

Always wondered about those bandits running around with recipes in their pockets.
    Happy All the Holidays To You and Yours!
    Remembering better days of less RNG in all the things.
    Options
  • Vicodine
    Vicodine
    ✭✭✭
    If you aren't seen stealing it, it's not a crime :) Sneek, make sure you're hidden then go ahead, steal it. Recipes don't even have to be laundered, i looted one today and didn't have to launder it. And I don't even think they are considered stealing when they are not marked as "stolen".

However I did manage to steal some blue vase or something worth like 650 gold :)
    Thaometh V16 Altmer Templar AD/EU
    Thaometh Ashbringer V10Altmer Dragonknight AD/EU
    Options
  • Artemiisia
    Artemiisia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    where there is mobs there aint any laws :)
    Options
  • Islyn
    Islyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I lol'd at your wording because it was funny - but I do agree!
    Edited by Islyn on 28 January 2015 19:09
    Options