The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.0.4 is available.

Provisioning. Another lie ?

killedbyping
killedbyping
✭✭✭✭
ZOS, you promised us, that Food and Drink buffs WILL STACK. Well, they NOT.
  • Syntse
    Syntse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS, you promised us, that Food and Drink buffs WILL STACK. Well, they NOT.

Originally yes they said so. Later on they informed that it will not be like that at least for time being.
    Syntse Dominion Khajiit Dragonknight Stamina Tank [50]
    Ra'Syntse Dominion Khajiit Nightblade Magica DPS [50]
    Syntselle Dominion Dark Elf Dragonknight Magica DPS [50]
    Syntseus Dominion Imperial Templar Healer [50]
    Syntsetar Dominion High Elf Sorcerer Magica DPS [50]
    Friar Tuktuk Daggerfall Brenton Templar Healer [50]
    Syntseyn Ebonheart Brenton Nightblade Magica DPS [50]
    Options
  • Palidon
    Palidon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS has a habit of saying one thing and then doing another. Might as well get use to it.
    Options
  • Gyudan
    Gyudan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They said they tweaked the numbers for drinks and are awaiting feedback on the changes. From what I've seen on the PTS, food is still much better, even more now that softcaps have been removed.

Provide enough intelligent /feedback and we may see them stack.
    Wololo.
    Options
  • killedbyping
    killedbyping
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gyudan wrote: »
    They said they tweaked the numbers for drinks and are awaiting feedback on the changes. From what I've seen on the PTS, food is still much better, even more now that softcaps have been removed.

Better ? It is absolutely the same. I dont understand what they called as "Revamp" beside making aquire mats more difficult.
    Stil green buff give best Health/Magicka/Stamina, Still there is no use for Purple food in PVE coz it give all 3 stats but quite less then blue food.

What exactly have become better ? The numbers ?
    Options
  • Darkonflare15
    Darkonflare15
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Better ? It is absolutely the same. I dont understand what they called as "Revamp" beside making aquire mats more difficult.
    Stil green buff give best Health/Magicka/Stamina, Still there is no use for Purple food in PVE coz it give all 3 stats but quite less then blue food.

So far I used only drinks and my stamina refills much faster in battles and outside battles.
    Options
  • Qyrk
    Qyrk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is not new news. They said previously that they decided not to stack as initially thought, although best to go and give feedback. Only way they can change this by live is when many voice the same.
    Options
  • Mantic0r3
    Mantic0r3
    ✭✭✭
    I think they need to make them stack, the drinks have no middle ground, either its a little reg which doesnt make up for the increase in dmg from food or its so much reg that you never run out of ressources
    Options
  • Sav72
    Sav72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think being a Master at Provisioning should give you ability to be able to stack drink/food, buff.
    Savoifair, EP NB

If you break something, you can glue it back together and fix it, but, it will always be broken...

Options
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You are applying this to your own play style. Other players' mileage may vary.

On live, I have one character who uses purple food and one who uses blue.
    The Moot Councillor
    Options
  • Fruity_Ninja
    Fruity_Ninja
    ✭✭✭
    My character that had all passives in provisioning and at least 75% of the recipes in the game, has only 6 recipes researched on the current PTS. Meanwhile my char that had half the recipes has about 15 researched....

On top of that I have 0 blue or purple recipes researched on my main char now, with my other char having only one blue.

For some of the recipes I can still craft, I know for a fact I have stacks of the ingredients in my bank on live server to make them. I am missing the whole equivalent stacks in the new 'changed' recipe.

That's a robbery. Not the non-stacking.
    Options
  • Terminus
    Terminus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My character that had all passives in provisioning and at least 75% of the recipes in the game, has only 6 recipes researched on the current PTS. Meanwhile my char that had half the recipes has about 15 researched....

On top of that I have 0 blue or purple recipes researched on my main char now, with my other char having only one blue.

That's because you forgot to put your passives in after the reset.
    But, you know, "It's all Zenimax's fault! Lies Lies!!!" etc etc.
    Edited by Terminus on 28 January 2015 14:22
    Options
  • pmn100b16_ESO
    pmn100b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've never seen the point in doing this. At least as it is now there is a bit of potential diversity going for increased stats or increased regen. If you could stack the two, EVERYONE would have both increase stats and regen, negating any diversity. It would just be a necessity going forward, everyone would NEED both food and drink. You wouldn't be gaining any advantage over anyone else, everyone will just be using up more mats.
    Options
  • Fruity_Ninja
    Fruity_Ninja
    ✭✭✭
    Terminus wrote: »

That's because you forgot to put your passives in after the reset.
    But, you know, "It's all Zenimax's fault! Lies Lies!!!" etc etc.

I put in every single passive.

And what would that have had to do with items in the inventory?
    Options
  • Kalman
    Kalman
    ✭✭✭✭
    They did say not all items would translate but they giving you the same value for the "OLD" items as the new ones. Go look at the value of all "OLD" it is 10g and then go to a grocer/chef/brewer and all ingredients are 10g. Now only the one ingredient for purple recipes are rare and can't be bought. You are fine.
    Options
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

For some of the recipes I can still craft, I know for a fact I have stacks of the ingredients in my bank on live server to make them. I am missing the whole equivalent stacks in the new 'changed' recipe.

That's a robbery. Not the non-stacking.

Have you put all the skill points back in your provisioner? And have you unchecked the "have ingredients" box?

Some ingredients have changed function and you may not be able to make the new equivalent recipe because it doesn't use the converted ingredient.

I'm working on a cross-reference of recipes, but I won't be able to do it until I get home tonight.

When I first logged in, I only saw half a dozen recipes, then I realized that I didn't have any skill points in provisioning because of the reset, applied the proper passives and voilà! Got a bunch of recipes at various levels.
    The Moot Councillor
    Options
  • Islyn
    Islyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But my purple food recipe is mia
    Edited by Islyn on 28 January 2015 15:49
    Options
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

From what I saw, VR5 green drink on PTS gives you +187 magicka regen. Which works out to about 19 regen on current system (since magicka was multiplied by about 10 across the board). That is better than live where it is, what, +13 regen for green VR5 drink? But I don't think it is anywhere near enough of a boost to make drink competitive with food.
    Options
  • C0pp3rhead
    C0pp3rhead
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dagoth_Rac wrote: »

From what I saw, VR5 green drink on PTS gives you +187 magicka regen. Which works out to about 19 regen on current system (since magicka was multiplied by about 10 across the board). That is better than live where it is, what, +13 regen for green VR5 drink? But I don't think it is anywhere near enough of a boost to make drink competitive with food.

This is exactly the problem - the regen is simply not large enough to be competitive with food. Regeneration is the amount that you get back every two seconds. 137 magicka regen means that I get 137 points of mana every two seconds. An additional 19 or even 20 points every two seconds is not much, especially when many of us use skill that return percentages of max health/stamina/magicka greater than what we regenerate.
    "Things which are alike in nature grow to look alike, and the speaking stones have lain a long time lookin' at the sun. Some believe they descend with the lightning, but I believe they are on the ground and are projected downward by the bolt."

Fear my moustache powers.

Tastes-New-Blood - V14 Argonian Templar
    Giblets N Bits - V2 Imperial Nightblade
    Skruyue N'Alyutu - V1 Altmer Sorcerer
    Jolbie Firecrotch - L31 Nord Dragonknight

Vehemence - - Valhalla's Guard
    Options
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Islyn wrote: »
    But my purple food recipe is mia

What was it?

EDIT: Incidentally, the blue and purple recipes now have their own tabs at the bottom of the food list.
    Edited by starkerealm on 28 January 2015 18:06
    Options
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If they make food and drinks stack in 10 years, they didnt lie. They never gave a timeframe.
    Power level to CP160 in a week:
    Where is the end game? You just played it.
    Why don't I have 300+ skill points? Because you skipped content along the way.
    Where is new content? Sigh.
    Options
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Darlgon wrote: »
    If they make food and drinks stack in 10 years, they didnt lie. They never gave a timeframe.

Technically, they said it was coming with the provisioning revamp. Not sure I'd call it a lie, though, since they weren't intentionally deceiving anyone.
    Options
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There really is a difference between "We're thinking of doing this, what do you guys think?" and a signed affidavit stating they will do it...

I'm going to actually test drinks and see how it goes.
    The Moot Councillor
    Options