The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.0.4 is available.

New staff animations...

Domander
Domander
✭✭✭✭✭
some I like..

some seem kind of awkward..maybe I'll get used to it.. what do you all think?
  • felinith66
    felinith66
    ✭✭✭
    It sucks lol
    Options
  • jaygraeb14a_ESO
    its the 2h animations...

they feel horrible. Check out 2h as well :( This game is turning into a "console friendly" feeling arcade game.

Kyltoh
    Options
  • felinith66
    felinith66
    ✭✭✭
    its the 2h animations...

they feel horrible. Check out 2h as well :( This game is turning into a "console friendly" feeling arcade game.

Kyltoh

I know. It was one thing I loved about ESO. It wasn't arcady like the other games. Now the attack animations are so cartoonish. And that ready stance that looks like you're trying to fart or something. It's awful.
    Options
  • Naivefanboi
    Naivefanboi
    ✭✭✭✭
    ummm why are we still redoing animations at this point......
    Options
  • Darkonflare15
    Darkonflare15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    its the 2h animations...

Kyltoh

I like 2h animations. No more huge delay in my heavy attack.
    Options
  • Feidam
    Feidam
    ✭✭✭
    I don't mind the new staff animations. Seem more fluid than the original ones.
    Options
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't like the new staff animations at all. I see that they tried to make it so you could see who is using which kind of staff and also make the heavy attacks feel more responsive.
    However, not only does it look awful switching between Destro/Resto - suddenly standing in a totally different posture, wtf - the heavy attacks are more looking as if someone would be playing with a little stick in his one hand.
    I see the approach for the Fire/Frost and the Resto animations but the Lighting Staff heavy looks really weird.
    What all have in common though, is that the character no longer seems to use his full body for the attack, rather stand put like some scholar who usually never goes out and yet acting with his right arm as if the attack would require him to put all the force in he could come up with.

I did only use the staffs so far, but my friend looked pretty weird with his shield as well x) .
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
    Options
  • adriant1978
    adriant1978
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The new destro staff animations are awful in 1st person. The way your character pulls their arm to the right as they wind up a heavy attack takes my attention away from the crosshair and my target. Also, it feels like they made the wind up time longer.
    Options
  • Islyn
    Islyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Domander wrote: »
    some I like..

some seem kind of awkward..maybe I'll get used to it.. what do you all think?

Idk about that - but I cannot stand the pause I seem to see in BoL.
    Options
  • Islyn
    Islyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh I *do* like the staff 'standing still' pose better though - with the end resting on the ground rather than hanging awkwardly by your side.
    Options
  • Nacario
    Nacario
    ✭✭✭
    I also dont understand the new 2h animations, I thought they wanted to put more weight feel into the animtion, not just responsiveness
    Options
  • Mettaricana
    Mettaricana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    felinith66 wrote: »
    its the 2h animations...

Kyltoh

I know. It was one thing I loved about ESO. It wasn't arcady like the other games. Now the attack animations are so cartoonish. And that ready stance that looks like you're trying to fart or something. It's awful.

i like the new adjustment to how i attack with sword n shield but passive looks like im leaning over to loose a silent but deadly
    Options
  • Valencer
    Valencer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only the light attacks need some work. They look unnatural.
    Options
  • Daraugh
    Daraugh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The fire and resto staff attacks look odd, my other hand is just sorta there...like an afterthought...

The standing animation is awesome! <3
    May all beings have happiness
    May they be free from suffering
    May they find the joy that has never known suffering
    May they be free from attachment and hatred
    Options
  • Mettaricana
    Mettaricana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Lanark wrote: »
    The fire and resto staff attacks look odd, my other hand is just sorta there...like an afterthought...

The standing animation is awesome! <3

fire resto did make my DK pyro look like a badass with strutting confidence
    Options
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I highly dislike the new heavy restoration attack. It looks like the user has abdominal pain.

The old resto attack animation was actually quite good: looked very natural and fluid.
    Options