Maintenance for the week of June 24:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24

How to beat Dragonstar Arena Vet Mode - Videos HODOR Guild

TheMast3r
TheMast3r
✭✭✭
He guys here is the link for stage 10 veteran mode from our World First EU clear.

In our youtube channel you can find the videos stage 1 till 9.

Have fun and good luck beating the arena veteran mode.

Stage 10
Stage 9
Stage 8
Stage 7
Stage 6
Stage 5
Stage 4
Stage 3
Stage 2
zbtiqua wrote: »
FYI I asked the dev who developed DSA tonight (ZOS Jason) and he confirmed that the Hodor strat is NOT an exploit. And yes, he watched the videos.
Edited by TheMast3r on 1 October 2014 12:28
  • TheMast3r
    TheMast3r
    ✭✭✭
    Ok all the vids are no online from live and pts version. Stage 1 is coming later I started recording with stage 2.
    Options
  • Vuron
    Vuron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You uploaded the same video for Stage 9 and Stage 10.
    Options
  • TheMast3r
    TheMast3r
    ✭✭✭
    Vuron wrote: »
    You uploaded the same video for Stage 9 and Stage 10.

Ok fixed stage 9 is uploading now will take maybe some minutes
    Options
  • Tripwyr
    Tripwyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, after all this trash talk it turns out you're cheesing the atronachs? That is absolutely hilarious. No wonder you downed it pre-nerf, the issue they fixed didn't even affect your strategy.

P.S. Its poor practice to post a video of your kill before a few other guilds have killed it on their own. Very disrespectful to guilds like Da Funk and Deviance who are trying to compete.
    Edited by Tripwyr on 23 September 2014 16:19
    Alacrity Founder | Forum Emperor
    World First Veteran Dragonstar Arena

Tripwyr Manawrath - AD NA Sorcerer, Former Emperor of Haderus; Former Emperor of Hopesfire, First Cycle
    Tripwyr Flamewrath - AD NA Dragon Knight, Former Emperor of Thornblade, First Cycle
    Imperial Tripwyr - AD NA Templar, Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade
    Ripwyr - DC NA Templar
    Nyrv - EP NA Sorcerer

I am of the firm opinion that subtracting "raging stupidity" from anyone's voice can only cause them to sound more like myself.
    Options
  • TheMast3r
    TheMast3r
    ✭✭✭
    Tripwyr wrote: »
    Wow, after all this trash talk it turns out you're cheesing the atronachs? That is absolutely hilarious. No wonder you downed it pre-nerf, the issue they fixed didn't even affect your strategy.

P.S. Its poor practice to post a video of your kill before a few other guilds have killed it on their own. Very disrespectful to guilds like Da Funk and Deviance who are trying to compete.

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Flaming]
    FYI I asked the dev who developed DSA tonight (ZOS Jason) and he confirmed that the Hodor strat is NOT an exploit. And yes, he watched the videos.

Edited by TheMast3r on 1 October 2014 12:28
    Options
  • Anjelicus
    Anjelicus
    ✭✭✭
    well its nice to see your still working around mechanics, granted we did this as well on the PTS but only because of time constraints.

We are going to down this the way it is currently intended by NOT out of ranging the atronochs.

I do agree with @Tripwyr‌ to an extent about posting these videos that include mechanics that are not supposed to be working the way they are currently IE: out of ranging the Atronochs, which will hopefully be fixed in a later update.
    Vokundein
    Legend Gaming Website | Join Us
    Guild Twitch Live Stream
    Anjelicus - Head of PVE
    VR14 Templar // VR14 Nightblade // VR14 Dragonknight // VR10 Sorcerer
    PTS - Veteran Dragonstar Arena Developer Challenge Conqueror
    Options
  • Tripwyr
    Tripwyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anjelicus wrote: »
    well its nice to see your still working around mechanics, granted we did this as well on the PTS but only because of time constraints.

We are going to down this the way it is currently intended by NOT out of ranging the atronochs.

I do agree with @Tripwyr‌ to an extent about posting these videos that include mechanics that are not supposed to be working the way they are currently IE: out of ranging the Atronochs, which will hopefully be fixed in a later update.

Completely agree, this is clearly unintended. This is an eye-opening exploit, and I can't see any guild respecting Hodor's kill at this point in time.

Tripwyr Manawrath - AD NA Sorcerer, Former Emperor of Haderus; Former Emperor of Hopesfire, First Cycle
    Tripwyr Flamewrath - AD NA Dragon Knight, Former Emperor of Thornblade, First Cycle
    Ripwyr - DC NA Templar
    Nyrv - EP NA Sorcerer

I am of the firm opinion that subtracting "raging stupidity" from anyone's voice can only cause them to sound more like myself.
    Options
  • TheMast3r
    TheMast3r
    ✭✭✭

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Naming & Shaming]

How we killed him is a correct tactic which has to do nothing with what you are stating here.

and compared to the pts they increased the range of fire around 5 meters. so when it is not intented why the devs increasing the range around 5 meter and not making it every where in this room.

Edited by TheMast3r on 1 October 2014 12:29
    Options
  • Nala_
    Nala_
    ✭✭✭✭
    Edited by ZOS_EveP on 24 September 2014 10:54
    Options
  • Pixysticks
    Pixysticks
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Props to the guilds who don't exploit to kill the last boss.

Edited by ZOS_EveP on 24 September 2014 10:54
    Alacrity

Retired 05/04/15.
    Options
  • TheMast3r
    TheMast3r
    ✭✭✭
    and its starting again ... [Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Naming & Shaming]...
    Edited by ZOS_EveP on 24 September 2014 10:53
    Options
  • Arua
    Arua
    First topic closed, lets not add fuel in the fire in another thread. :)
    You guys keep talking about respect, fairness and so on, but keep sending personal jabs and accusations. Clearly a case of the pot calling the kettle black. Be constructive already.
    Back on topic, the room is pretty huge, the spells have a specified range. In any other mmo (like WoW, since people seem to like comparisons), outranging a spell is a way to avoid its effects (as well as going out of sight from the caster).
    Edit: It should be ZOS' call to define here what is intended or not. A constructive (and respectful) discussion about what should be and what should not could be interesting but pointless judgements, personal attacks and accusations are unconstructive. Feedbacks are needed, defamation is not.
    Edited by Arua on 23 September 2014 18:37
    Options
  • Tripwyr
    Tripwyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TheMast3r wrote: »
    and its starting again ... all the kids from alacrity coming and posting in here now ...

Anjelicus is Vokudein, Nala_ is DC, and Pixysticks is Alacrity. I only see 1 Alacrity to 2 non-Alacrity, hardly a majority.

Lets try not to get into name calling again, shall we?

Ripwyr - DC NA Templar
    Nyrv - EP NA Sorcerer

Options
  • Braidas
    Braidas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "I am so honored to have Braidas comment on my thread! I'm currently in the process of leveling my Templar to be just like you Braidas!" - Tripwyr

As well you should be. You are wise in aspiring to the ways of BRAIDAS, though know you will never come close to his unassailable might.
    Options
  • Tripwyr
    Tripwyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Braidas wrote: »
    "I am so honored to have Braidas comment on my thread! I'm currently in the process of leveling my Templar to be just like you Braidas!" - Tripwyr

As well you should be. You are wise in aspiring to the ways of BRAIDAS, though know you will never come close to his unassailable might.

But just to know I am playing the same class as Braidas, it is almost more than I deserve. Hail Braidas.

Ripwyr - DC NA Templar
    Nyrv - EP NA Sorcerer

Options
  • TheMast3r
    TheMast3r
    ✭✭✭
    Nala_ wrote: »
    [Moderator Note: Removed moderated quote]

I really think you need professional help ... that will not work out when u getting older!!!!
    Edited by ZOS_EveP on 24 September 2014 10:52
    Options
  • X_riven
    X_riven
    Soul Shriven
    so on top of the stage 10 major cheese, I'm not sure how i feel about resetting the stage 9 waves so that you don't have to fight the add down below. they could easily fix that by teleporting everyone that was down below upstairs again at the start of each stage, kind of like what they do for the first boss in serpent trials.
    Edited by X_riven on 24 September 2014 11:55
    Options
  • Spawn
    Spawn
    ✭✭✭
    Well i mean its really interesting there is so many things you guys bugged out, i do say props to finding these obviously finding exploits and bugs like these is actually lot of work, it is however disappointing that they made it to live.

Hopefully ZoS Can take a look at these and get them fixed soon, seems like Dragon Star Arena will need a leaderboard clean up as well when they get fixed.
    Edited by Spawn on 24 September 2014 11:20
    Hexspawn
    Officer of Alacrity
    Palatine Grade 2 [PvP Rank 36] - Former Emperor
    Options
  • TheMast3r
    TheMast3r
    ✭✭✭
    Spawn wrote: »
    Well i mean its really interesting there is so many things you guys bugged out, i do say props to finding these obviously finding exploits and bugs like these is actually lot of work, it is however disappointing that they made it to live.

Hopefully ZoS Can take a look at these and get them fixed soon, seems like Dragon Star Arena will need a leaderboard clean up as well when they get fixed.

If this are bugs then they will get fixed and ZOS can have a look at the videos.

Anyway it will make no difference if stage 9 is changed liked u said or anything else. We will beat u anyway and that's your problem.

We don't have a problem to show how we finished arena ... what about u guys?

Blaming us is just childish ...

Options
  • X_riven
    X_riven
    Soul Shriven
    I do not doubt that you can clear stage 9 without resetting it, I'm just saying thats a pretty cheap tactic and hopefully they can fix it before more and more start using it to complete it.
    On your 3rd point we do not have a video atm because the 4 players that were involved in our completion, including myself, do not currently have the computer capability to video record. on the other hand we would have no problem explaining exactly how we did each fight and possibly bring in another player that can actually record it. the only reason we havn't done so already is because as tripwyr stated before, we letting other guilds complete it on their own before telling people how it can be done.
    Options
  • Spawn
    Spawn
    ✭✭✭
    Spawn wrote: »

If this are bugs then they will get fixed and ZOS can have a look at the videos.

Anyway it will make no difference if stage 9 is changed liked u said or anything else. We will beat u anyway and that's your problem.

We don't have a problem to show how we finished arena ... what about u guys?

Blaming us is just childish ...

Dude what are you even on about, all i'm saying is i hope that ZoS fixes the bugs.. that's it i couldn't care if you beat it your not.. there isn't any blaming you i was saying good job on finding the bugs, now lets hope they can be fixed, seriously get off the defensive dude..
    Edited by Spawn on 25 September 2014 00:43
    Hexspawn
    Officer of Alacrity
    Palatine Grade 2 [PvP Rank 36] - Former Emperor
    Options
  • TheMast3r
    TheMast3r
    ✭✭✭
    It is not a big secret how it can be done ... following your own statements the only way it has to be done is to take the fire and the attronarchs and kill them and circle around the islands, which isn't harder or easier than the way we did it.

Chain them together, negate them and stacking aoe them ... same like everything else where the ppl complain about impulse spam and healing springs.

Its all about timing in the fight ... whether if u go the risk that the tank is separated from the group or if u kill the attronarchs.

So where is the difference at stage 9? If the ppl go before or after the round has started? There will be one skeleton to kill for each person who goes down. That makes it so much harder ;)

Stage 10 is a valid tactic. Stage 9 with or without skeleton makes no difference. I would agree when the player can only go down when the shade is spawned.

I think encounters are designed to be killed in different way. At Stage 2 why there are 3 fire places. We are using only 1. Is that exploiting?

At Stage 3, standing somewhere near the wall where the poison cant reach you is that exploiting?

Stage 1 place the mobs on the traps because they take damage is that exploiting?

Stage 5 killing the coursers before they course you, exploiting?

Stage 7 killing the sacrifisers before the adds spawns? exploiting?

AA negating the first boss not to move into the circle? exploiting?
    AA negating the 2nd boss and stacking? exploiting?

HELRA first boss using magma armor to avoid his enrage and the moving? exploiting?

For me that's different ways to kill a boss and different tactics to kill a boss.

There is a reason why the spell has a range. There is a reason why the range was increased a bit with the live version. There is a reason why u have a huge space for the fight and there is a reason why u have two safe spots which are not ignited with fire.

Options
  • AlexiasDaex
    AlexiasDaex
    ✭✭
    Makes me laugh that a ton of of the top posts up there are edited by mods.

Anywho in stage 10, that method of not spawning 3 of the atronachs does seem a lil sly. If you can do another run of you actually killing the atros, I would respect that kill a little more.
    Former Emperor (Duh)
    Legacy of Alacrity
    Options
  • Tripwyr
    Tripwyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is not a big secret how it can be done ... following your own statements the only way it has to be done is to take the fire and the attronarchs and kill them and circle around the islands, which isn't harder or easier than the way we did it.

Chain them together, negate them and stacking aoe them ... same like everything else where the ppl complain about impulse spam and healing springs.

Its all about timing in the fight ... whether if u go the risk that the tank is separated from the group or if u kill the attronarchs.

So where is the difference at stage 9? If the ppl go before or after the round has started? There will be one skeleton to kill for each person who goes down. That makes it so much harder ;)

Stage 10 is a valid tactic. Stage 9 with or without skeleton makes no difference. I would agree when the player can only go down when the shade is spawned.

I think encounters are designed to be killed in different way. At Stage 2 why there are 3 fire places. We are using only 1. Is that exploiting?

At Stage 3, standing somewhere near the wall where the poison cant reach you is that exploiting?

Stage 1 place the mobs on the traps because they take damage is that exploiting?

Stage 5 killing the coursers before they course you, exploiting?

Stage 7 killing the sacrifisers before the adds spawns? exploiting?

AA negating the first boss not to move into the circle? exploiting?
    AA negating the 2nd boss and stacking? exploiting?

HELRA first boss using magma armor to avoid his enrage and the moving? exploiting?

For me that's different ways to kill a boss and different tactics to kill a boss.

There is a reason why the spell has a range. There is a reason why the range was increased a bit with the live version. There is a reason why u have a huge space for the fight and there is a reason why u have two safe spots which are not ignited with fire.

Getting off your horse before an enemy knocks you off, exploiting?
    Casting Caltrops because it makes you immune to siege, exploiting?
    Pouring Oil on Siege Engines because it deals bonus damage, exploiting?
    Casting Energy Orbs several times killing a boss instantly, exploiting?

I can state random facts to dilute legitimate exploits too, it doesn't make your method any less shady.

Ripwyr - DC NA Templar
    Nyrv - EP NA Sorcerer

Options
  • TheMast3r
    TheMast3r
    ✭✭✭

I can state random facts to dilute legitimate exploits too, it doesn't make your method any less shady.

No
    Yes
    Yes
    Yes

There is a difference between different tactics and using a bug.

3rd boss in aa. You can kill only 2 shades of her using barrier or harness magicka and the group will survive and you can bring more dps on the boss. Or you kill all the shades and don't need any dmg reduction.

Even Mantikora and the Serpent have different mechanics which can be handled in different ways. it would be stupid if there is only one way to defeat an encounter.

Just because somebody figured out a tactic which is on your eyes easier than yours it doesn't mean that it is exploiting. And even when its looking very easy on our vid it is not. Go in there and try it ....

We don't have a problem to kill him in a different way, which we already did on the pts.

Still waiting for the proof how you killed the boss. You don't have to publish it this forum has a pm function. But I guess we will never see a video from u guys ... maybe after somebody else showed smth different or we go in there and make a vid about the other tactic to kill him.
    Options
  • Tripwyr
    Tripwyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No
    Yes
    Yes
    Yes

LOL SUCCESS. Pouring Oil on Siege Engines is an exploit ladies and gentlemen, you heard it here first!

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Flaming]
    Edited by ZOS_EveP on 25 September 2014 10:11

Ripwyr - DC NA Templar
    Nyrv - EP NA Sorcerer

Options
  • TehMagnus
    TehMagnus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So much rage because you guys didn't get real World first in Arena HM and feel the need to criticize the only team who is actually open about how they do stuff.

The butthurt can be smelled from miles away, especially when you claim getting out of range of spells is "an exploit" because you consider it's not as it was intended to be done, but you laugh at the fact that using oil on siege weapons is deemed an exploit (Yah cuz ZOS clearly intended for you to sneak to a siege weapon, place an oil on the ground and use it in the middle of the battlefield, that's most likely why it causes extra damage).

It's ok to be mad but you could at least try to keep your "arguments" coherent :wink:
    Edited by TehMagnus on 25 September 2014 13:00
    Options
  • pppontus
    pppontus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's funny how everyone seem to think their definition of real world first is correct. Anyway, I will chime in as a "casual": world first on a PTS .. I don't care about. That time is not recorded on any leaderboards that normal players will see, so we couldn't care less. But wait.. most people probably don't give a single damn about world first anything. GL with your arguments :wink:
    Options
  • Manoekin
    Manoekin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    magnusnet wrote: »
    So much rage because you guys didn't get real World first in Arena HM and feel the need to criticize the only team who is actually open about how they do stuff.

The butthurt can be smelled from miles away, especially when you claim getting out of range of spells is "an exploit" because you consider it's not as it was intended to be done, but you laugh at the fact that using oil on siege weapons is deemed an exploit (Yah cuz ZOS clearly intended for you to sneak to a siege weapon, place an oil on the ground and use it in the middle of the battlefield, that's most likely why it causes extra damage).

It's ok to be mad but you could at least try to keep your "arguments" coherent :wink:

Oil does about 600 damage per tick to players, and I think somewhere around 10k to siege weapons no matter where you use it. Can we get confirmation on this obvious exploit ZOS?
    Options
  • Pixysticks
    Pixysticks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please take down the video of how you exploited this.
    Alacrity

Retired 05/04/15.
    Options