The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Opening up zones which become locked after certain quests

• Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I hope this thread won't get locked because of the bump, because I really think it's raising a valid question.

There are a number of places we can't get into after the quests are done - would it be so hard to provide an enemy-free (or in the case of TG, a trespass-free) interior to these buildings for RP purposes? The ones I can think of off the top of my head in the main game zones are Lerineaux Manor in Daggerfall (Glenumbra), and various districts of Arenthia in Reaper's March.
    Edited by Epona222 on 17 June 2016 12:15
    GM - Ghost Sea Trading Co - NA PC

Epona was a Romano-Celtic goddess dating back to around 1800 to 2000 years before computer games were invented.
    Options
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Begged for this quite some time ago: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/226097/wouold-you-like-to-revisit-locked-quest-areas#latest

STILL don't know why we can't do it! COME ON ZOS!!!! :neutral:
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

Options
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Best example (for my character) Is The "Vile Laboratory" in coldharbour.

It Looks amazing, but After Finishing The Quest Inside, you are not allowed to enter ever again :disappointed:

The one I lust to return to is The Manor of Revelry in Coldharbor. You can get into the grounds...but cannot go back inside the manor itself, which was completely awesome. /cry :(

Options
  • Yamir_Dar
    Yamir_Dar
    ✭✭
    I go back this post to hope that one day it reaches the eyes of ZOS !

Too bad your survey so few votes @MornaBaine , I think it's wrong Rp community ESO. :s
    ╔══════════════════════════╗
    Museum (Domaine Aldmeri)
    Taàj (Khajiit) ♦ Inerri (Khajiit)
    ╚══════════════════════════╝
    Hel Do Alik'r (Alliance de Daguefilante)
    Yamir (Khajiit)
    Options
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just noticed I can't re-enter the Mayor's house in Bergama either. Disappointing ZOS. Can you please explain why you do this @ZOS_JessicaFolsom ???

Options
  • bebynnag
    bebynnag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not a role player bat a method actor in real life so i can kind of appriciate your situation, simply commenting to give u all a bump
    Options
  • bebynnag
    bebynnag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    just remembered the houses we are asked to visit during the thieves guild quest on each alliance are free of mobs & remain open once quest is complete (not sure if access is available before completion sorry), and i think you can even access all three houses, regardless of aliance.
    i know this requires DLC content but may be worth consideration
    Options
  • Yamir_Dar
    Yamir_Dar
    ✭✭
    Yes @puffytheslayer , we can go to these houses and personally I benefit IRP.

But I think the developers have more work to model a region like Terall forests that homes that you quote. So why not let us these beautiful open areas?

Again, we ask that honor the work of ZOS. :*
    Museum (Domaine Aldmeri)
    Yamir (Khajiit)
    Options
  • bebynnag
    bebynnag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yamir_Dar wrote: »
    Yes @puffytheslayer , we can go to these houses and personally I benefit IRP.

But I think the developers have more work to model a region like Terall forests that homes that you quote. So why not let us these beautiful open areas?

Again, we ask that honor the work of ZOS. :*

Weird, my EDT didnt save, i did add on the end

"so if they can leave these areas open without breaking the game - why not leave other areas open?"
    Options
  • Yamir_Dar
    Yamir_Dar
    ✭✭
    So, we are agree ! ;)
    Museum (Domaine Aldmeri)
    Yamir (Khajiit)
    Options
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Completing quests should ALWAYS open areas, not close them off forever. :(

Options
  • Bobcat
    Bobcat
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you guys, it's great to see that topic still on :)

ESO could be a perfect RolePlaying Game
    RolePlay and Fun (parce que "Peace and Love" c'est trop bisounours kikoolol)
    ""Ce n'est pas le RP qui est un support au MMO mais le MMO qui est un support du RP."
    "Dans les situations dangereuses, si on n'a pas peur pour son perso c'est qu'on n'est pas assez investit."
    Options
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is definitely not a necroed thread. It is a reminder of a popular player request still unaddressed by the devs.

Options
  • Laegwing
    Laegwing
    ✭✭
    It's been a long time. Morrowind showed us that this problem is going on, new areas are closed. We need to play in there ! :(

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Moregan, administratrice de la communauté RP francophone - TESORP France
    Options
  • Pendrillion
    Pendrillion
    ✭✭✭✭
    I still agree with the sentiment... Lets change the world we play in with lasting repercussions... Although I understand that there is the "grind" factor...
    Options
  • AdamBourke
    AdamBourke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want to go back to Stirk.
    PS4 - EU

Please put the Eyevea/EarthForge wayshrines back on the map?
    Options
  • starlizard70ub17_ESO
    starlizard70ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    MornaBaine wrote: »
    Completing quests should ALWAYS open areas, not close them off forever. :(

There are quests that I won't do with my later characters because finishing the quests closes off the areas. ZOS really need to correct this.
    "We have found a cave, but I don't think there are warm fires and friendly faces inside."
    Options
  • Bobcat
    Bobcat
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom , you guys made an amasing game, really. And Moorowind it's just wanderfull, I walk on Vvardenfell with the very same felling that 15 years ago with TES III. You guys rocks. That's true. The housing ? Great too, my Bosmer live, at last, in a real bosmeri tree-house. I love it.

And I'm sorry but, I feel like, what abou what we ask for ? Just turn the key on and open all those awesome areas. It is just that. Roleplaying in the wild it's fun, roleplaying in dongeons it's, actually, boring because of all the foe NCPs. Roleplaying in a housing it's quite lovely but it's not an adventure. A house is not that Temple of Akatosh, that is not Ayleïdes ruins, neither daedrique sanctuary.

Ypu guys knows, Julian Lefay work for TES Arena like it was a party of Donjons and Dragons. Years later, Todd Howard, Michael Kirkbride, Kurt Kuhlmann works on TES III Morrowind in the same spirit with that wanderfull lore we know.
    I ask just for one thing, remember TES Arena, remember TES II Daggerfall. The first games of that wanderfull saga ! They were made like a roleplaying game. All instances was open. The players were free to come and go everywhere.

Please, remember that spririt and made TESO more RPG than just a basic MMO. You're on the way, just keep going and do it.
    Thanks.
    RolePlay and Fun (parce que "Peace and Love" c'est trop bisounours kikoolol)
    ""Ce n'est pas le RP qui est un support au MMO mais le MMO qui est un support du RP."
    "Dans les situations dangereuses, si on n'a pas peur pour son perso c'est qu'on n'est pas assez investit."
    Options
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    As this thread is from last year, we consider it a necro and are shutting it down. If there are no other threads open on this topic, please feel free to start a new one for discussion.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Options
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.