Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

ESO is going to have to change and change fast or it could get shut down.

GrimCyclone
GrimCyclone
✭✭✭✭✭
What do you think, guys? What's gotta happen to not only keep this mmo alive, but make it competitive in the mmo market? What can they do to turn this thing around and somehow compete with WoW and other mmos?

Is there no hope? What do you guys think? I'm interested to hear what you would do if you were given the chance to change things. Personally, and I don't say this easily, but I think it's doomed. The level of incompetence as far as the coding staff and the foresight of the development team are serious red flags.

Some of you might've been thinking, "You know what? It's early, this mmo just launched. They'll fix things." Guys, that's a good solid argument, but look what they've done with the time they've had. They're so busy putting out fires, they can't begin to figure out how to steer this mmo in a lucrative long term direction.

Can you imagine what it must be like in the coding work areas? All the bugs and testing and fixing that has to be done? And look how much of it GETS done versus how much we give them. Hell, it looks like they've got a 2nd rate crew and a second rate mmo. I love Elder Scrolls, but guys... did we really pay 80 dollars for this and 15 a month? Doesn't something seem a little off? I've played a lot of mmos. Something just seems off. You can do a YouTube search on ESO reviews and see all kinds of reviewers from American to European totally gutting the game. After watching them, there's no denying the issues.

With all that said? I want to see this mmo do well. I just.. guys.. I just can't see how they're going to turn it around. What can they do?

100_anniversary_titanic_sinking_by_esai8mellows-d4xbme8.jpg
  • david271749
    david271749
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anybody recommend any mmos worth my time? Maybe a setting similar to the Elder Scrolls universe, but not so *** up. It's either that or I'm going back to a real Elder Scrolls game. One of the two is about to happen.
  • Kalanon
    Kalanon
    Soul Shriven
    It's gonna take a lot of stealth nerfs to Templar to save this game. I have faith.
  • murklor007neb18_ESO
    Hope?

Yes, I do still cling to it. The thing is, the basics of the game is fantastic. I really like it and for the most part, enjoy it. They just need to... tweak it. Some things can be tuned with such little effort its laughable. For example, remove soul gem cost for reviving others. Single line in the code need changing, a child could do it. 100x better PvE group play and PvP. Reduce dodging cost to 15-20% stamina instead of 50% like it is now. IMO they should completely remake the dodge system but hey its a start. Two things that they could tweak in less than 1 minute. There are probably a thousand more things like this. Of course, then there are many more complicated things like the PvP lag that need fixing. EU server in the EU and all that.

That said, hope quickly fading even as I write this :neutral_face:
  • DeLindsay
    DeLindsay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ESO will not shut down as long as there are TES players who continue to play it. The "traditional" MMO type player will probably end up leaving ESO and that still won't shut down the game. ZoS doesn't NEED to change anything, they just need to keep working on fixing bugs, broken classes, bots, etc and ESO will survive just fine. Gone are the days of MMO's with 10 mil subs, most today have at or LESS than 1 million and are doing just fine.
  • Loco_Mofo
    Loco_Mofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They don't need to change much at all. Just fix the bugs, balance the classes better, combat the bots and get back on track with new content.

The core of the game is great, it's just needs further polish.
  • frwinters_ESO
    frwinters_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    No MMO from a major gaming company has shut down after two months. Judgments shouldn't even be allowed for a game until at least the 6 month period.
  • Sabin1269
    Sabin1269
    ✭✭✭
    I loved this game when it first came out! I've always been a huge elder scrolls fan and played the beta and never had any problems! After the last 2 or 3 patches the game seems more c\screwed up now then it was when I started playing! Their "fixes" have left it unplayable for me! I can't research anything, fast travel or even access my interface menu anymore! Seriously thinking about unsubbing here shortly, why pay for a game you can't play? Bethesda and Zeni have really dropped the ball on this one and taken something great and trashed it beyond repair!