Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

YOUR GAME IS CRAP - FIX IT FOR (snip) SAKES!!!

Vladdra
Vladdra
My patience is done.

I can't even do quests 20 lvls lower then me because of the lag. I die randomly when I believe I am literally half way across the zone from where my corpse suddenly appears.

I can't believe you as a company thought this was a good idea to bring the game out when it still obviously had so many issues.

The fact that you have used the "Elder Scrolls" as your gateway to peoples hearts and minds is sad. The previous games were much better thought out and polished before distributing to the general public.

Shame on you and your company for literally stealing peoples money, a sort of fraud if you will for bringing this piece of S$%^ out before it was obviously ready.

I can only hope that while I go play other games, that none of your current employees move on and start messing with other games that actually have a chance of succeeding in the gaming market.

If you all lost your jobs today, it would make this a better game overall.

Give people their money back, it is obvious that you have tried to give people part of a promised product.

I am saddened that I got the digital copy, as now I won't have a coaster to set my drinks on, or perhaps play Frisbee with dog. All that wasted time and money.

When you find yourselves out of work because the only people left in the game are bots, please don't join any good gaming companies. You are a bunch of failures.

Vladdra

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Cursing & Profanity]
Edited by ZOS_SilviaS on 29 May 2014 04:59
  • fyrefenix
    fyrefenix
    ✭✭✭
    i agree
    Natjur ✭✭✭
    4:24PM
    There is currently only two classes in this game, DK and Sorcs.
    Templar's and NB are just 'extras' that have not been removed yet.
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you considered the possibility that the lag is on your end? Because if everyone was dying from mobs halfway across the zone like you due to server lag, there would be a lot more posts about it on the forum than just yours.

(I just finished a long gameplay session - from EU even - and had no lag whatsoever.)
    Edited by Sharee on 28 May 2014 20:46
  • Skillet
    Skillet
    ✭✭✭
    What lag? Its on your end.
  • Aldrorius
    Aldrorius
    Soul Shriven
    [Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Trolling & Baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_SilviaS on 29 May 2014 05:04
  • vicNBitis
    vicNBitis
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, do a tracert 20-100 times then come back and type more words. Include logs. People might care enough to listen then.
  • WraithAzraiel
    WraithAzraiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yea this sounds like a client-side problem. But hey, thanks for comin' out. Pick up a goodie bag on your way out.
    Shendell De'Gull - V14 Vampire Nightblade

Captain of the Black Howling

"There's no such thing as overkill..."

"No problem on the face of the Earth exists what can't be fixed with the proper application of enough duct tape and 550 cord."

P2PBetaTesters
    #Tamriel_BETA_Team
    #BETA_TESTER4LYF
    DominionMasterRace
    #GOAHEADTHEYGOTCANDY
    #SEEMSLEGIT
  • Natjur
    Natjur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why are you still using a dial-up modem? I think that might be the cause of your lag. What country still uses dial-up modems?
    Edited by Natjur on 28 May 2014 20:53
  • eso.only.gonrb19_ESO
    @Vladdra
    I`m with you regarding everything you wrote. And you forgot to mention that another duping exploit is now in game after update.
    Concerning lag issue, its present, but most ppl just dont care anymore, its easier to just "Pick up a goodie bag on your way out"
  • robacooperb16_ESO
    robacooperb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Dear OP I do sincerely hope that you find another game worthy of your time that you can enjoy and mature in. All the best. Sadly you won't be missed.
    The only negative experience in ESO is those that make it negative.
  • Ulvich
    Ulvich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I play this game every day on a laptop, through WiFi and with 1 mbps internet. Yes, 1 mbps. Slightly faster then dial up, to be exact. And I don't lag at all. I do have some loading issues at times, but NO lag.
    I'm not sure what your issue is, but if anyone would have lag it would be me.
    - Monster Slayer
    - Savior of Nirn
    - Adventurer Across a Decade
    - Hit Hard. Hit Fast. Hit Often
    - BETA Group: 85 b 9
  • Ashlynne
    Ashlynne
    ✭✭✭
    Sharee wrote: »
    Have you considered the possibility that the lag is on your end? Because if everyone was dying from mobs halfway across the zone like you due to server lag, there would be a lot more posts about it on the forum than just yours.

(I just finished a long gameplay session - from EU even - and had no lag whatsoever.)

Not everyone posts about it. Join Cyrodiil. It's everyone and everywhere.
  • Muletide
    Muletide
    ✭✭✭
    Are you on satellite internet, like HughesNet or Wild Blue? Sounds like symptoms I had when trying to play an MMO on Wild Blue. I believe it is more network/internet issue rather than a developer one.
  • fyrefenix
    fyrefenix
    ✭✭✭
    this game lags, this game crashes. your class gets nerfed into oblivion, you wasted 95 dollars, and zenimax is laughing at us all. dun dun dun
    Natjur ✭✭✭
    4:24PM
    There is currently only two classes in this game, DK and Sorcs.
    Templar's and NB are just 'extras' that have not been removed yet.
  • ErilAq
    ErilAq
    ✭✭✭
    The only time I ever notice lag is if two massive groups meet in Cyrodiil, otherwise, I have no lag. I'd assume it's client-side. Do others use your internet to download or stream? Maybe your neighbors figured out your password? Or does your internet sound like this:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsNaR6FRuO0
    Internet armchair warriors attack! Yayayayayayaaaaaah!!!!
  • theroyalestpythonnub18_ESO
    If you think ESO is the buggiest elder scrolls game......
  • KracsNZ
    KracsNZ
    ✭✭
    Ulvich wrote: »
    I play this game every day on a laptop, through WiFi and with 1 mbps internet. Yes, 1 mbps. Slightly faster then dial up, to be exact. And I don't lag at all. I do have some loading issues at times, but NO lag.
    I'm not sure what your issue is, but if anyone would have lag it would be me.

Ummm, slightly faster? 1mbps is slightly faster than 56kbps? You confusing dial-up with the old PRA ISDN? Ah kids these days... /thumbs his 1200 baud modem.
  • KracsNZ
    KracsNZ
    ✭✭
    If you think ESO is the buggiest elder scrolls game......

No, I think that's still Daggerfall. "Hi guys, here's the patch to fix the game. Oh by the way, you have to start again cause we can't fix your savegames. You had 100+ hours in it, and this is the third time we did it? Oh, sorry... heheheheh" :smile:
    Edited by KracsNZ on 29 May 2014 00:38
  • Sihnfahl
    Sihnfahl
    ✭✭✭✭
    KracsNZ wrote: »
    "Hi guys, here's the patch to fix the game. Oh by the way, you have to start again cause we can't fix your savegames. You had 100+ hours in it? Oh, sorry... heheheheh" :smile:
    "Hi guys, you know that random quest objective placement that puts it in an inaccessible portion of our randomly generated dungeon map? We can't fix that. So here's a command to teleport to each of the spawn points in the dungeon so you can actually complete the quest. It'll also help you if you randomly fall through a crack in the world."
  • kaosodin
    kaosodin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Im not happy about the issues either,

But this has to be the first mmo for these kinds of posts. Any one who has experience is glad the servers are powered on, so theres bugs...... as long as I see positive progress..
  • KracsNZ
    KracsNZ
    ✭✭
    Sihnfahl wrote: »
    "Hi guys, here's the patch to fix the game. Oh by the way, you have to start again cause we can't fix your savegames. You had 100+ hours in it? Oh, sorry... heheheheh" :smile:
    "Hi guys, you know that random quest objective placement that puts it in an inaccessible portion of our randomly generated dungeon map? We can't fix that. So here's a command to teleport to each of the spawn points in the dungeon so you can actually complete the quest. It'll also help you if you randomly fall through a crack in the world."

Wow, was that one of the later patches? I gave up when the main story line witch I had to kill didn't even spawn in her dungeon. I had spent sooo much time on side-quests and exploring that I just gave up. This was prior to the FixSave utility which came out a few years later.
  • stungateb14_ESO
    stungateb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    kaosodin wrote: »
    Im not happy about the issues either,

But this has to be the first mmo for these kinds of posts. Any one who has experience is glad the servers are powered on, so theres bugs...... as long as I see positive progress..

I'm just thankful the people that write game code are in this industry instead of mine and so should you unless you would like to see a nuclear armageddon. Technology has advanced to the point you can have self replicating source code yet every game that launches is chalk full of bugs, exploits you name it its like its still 1990.
  • ChocolateJ
    Vladdra wrote: »
    I can't believe you as a company thought this was a good idea to bring the game out when it still obviously had so many issues.

Vladdra

A lot of people feel that way about buggy releases, myself included. Then a friend of mine in software development clued me in to the concept that time spent in development is time the project is making no money - because their product isn't complete. Pre-Orders are good, but that isn't money you have, that's money you will have. And if the budget runs out, sometimes, they'll just release the product with the intention to fix it later, which is often very difficult to do. Plus if you delay a launch it can cause a significant backlash from your prospective customers and lose you sales in the longrun. So when a game launches buggy I tend to fall back on this.

That said, thee game needs lots of fixes, and ZOS being more vocal in telling us wtf is going on in service outages would be appreciated. But I don't think that a delayed launch-date would have spared us from this.

Oh and I'm kinda sick of hearing about Craglorn since I'm not to that level yet and the game is buggy and laggy as all hell at times. I go to the site for updates on what's going on, only to find "YAAAAY CRAGLORN. READ THIS ARTICLE ABOUT CRAGLORN WOOOO"
  • TheGrandAlliance
    TheGrandAlliance
    ✭✭✭✭
    This thread is /epicfail .

Your problem is your internet connection: Thousands of Players have played this game and completed PvE objectives without any connection problems.
    Indeed it is so...
  • estrong20b14_ESO
    I'm sorry, but in combat there certainly can be lag problems. If that isn't it, then the game is very slow at times in getting skills off. One on one, even two, no problems. But up against an uber boss where every hit counts, especially the ones who get healed by their bubbles, fast action counts!
  • leethalho
    leethalho
    Soul Shriven
    Lol what lag? I am one of the thousands that have not been able to log in for days and not receiving any updates from support after they communicated they will call us the next day.
  • Lupinemw
    Lupinemw
    ✭✭✭
    Had a guy in my guild moaning for week's that it was Lag ZoS side until he did some checks and found out its to do with his graphics card settings so its all him..
    Elysium
    EU Casual Mature Daggerfall Covenant Guild

Would you like to know more?! Check us out below
    elysium-eso.guildlaunch.com
  • Sihnfahl
    Sihnfahl
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wow, was that one of the later patches?
    Sorry it took me a while to get back to this one, but yes. It was the final DF patch; essentially their 'okay, we can't fix this, here you go.' statement.

And Console Commands really could be abused - or a good thing in Skyrim until the community patched the bugged quests...