Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Bots in every MMO

JoseDelgadoCub17_ESO
JoseDelgadoCub17_ESO
✭✭✭✭
So why do you guys act so shocked.... I still get email from WoW gold sellers.
  • Amsel_McKay
    Amsel_McKay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "I still get email from WoW gold sellers" I never get emails from gold sellers... how would they get my email? Or are you talking about in game mail?
  • JoseDelgadoCub17_ESO
    JoseDelgadoCub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    "I still get email from WoW gold sellers" I never get emails from gold sellers... how would they get my email? Or are you talking about in game mail?

Both. They send emails acting like blizzard and it forwards to a key logger (someone is trying to log into your account) (titles like that).

That is besides the point, complaining about something that is the problem with the whole genre not just ESO.
  • Glurin
    Glurin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I've gotten emails from these guys for games that I've never even played.
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster...when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..."
  • Amsel_McKay
    Amsel_McKay
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Both. They send emails acting like blizzard and it forwards to a key logger (someone is trying to log into your account) (titles like that).

That is besides the point, complaining about something that is the problem with the whole genre not just ESO.

I guess because I never bought gold that is why I don't get and have never got emails from gold sellers.
  • JoseDelgadoCub17_ESO
    JoseDelgadoCub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Glurin wrote: »
    I've gotten emails from these guys for games that I've never even played.
    Omg me too!
  • Innocente
    Innocente
    ✭✭✭✭
    WoW gold sellers got most of their product from hacking accounts. Don't ever recall seeing much in the way of Bots in WoW.

But, for ESO:

* Teleport Hackers
    * Speed Hackers
    * Z-Plane Hackers
    * Bot Hackers

All of these types of cheats are available because there is to much logic being handled by the ESO game client. In normal MMOs, the server handles a much larger portion of motion and positioning logic, but in order to have the 'Action Based' combat systems, that logic is placed by ZOS into the client.

Having the movement and position logic in the client may make for better performance, but it opens the whole system to hacking and exploitation. As we have all so painfully experienced. Since this is all a fundamental part of the client/server architecture that ZOS uses, it is not going to change. And the cheaters are not going to be going away.

This is a fundamental error in coding and security. It is the reason why action multiplayer games use layered anti-cheat systems to stop this sort of thing. I fear that as time goes on, the PC side of the game will slowly die. Don't know if the Console systems are vulnerable to this sort of hacking.

Really kind of to bad. ZOS has punished players in an attempt to 'discourage' the cheaters. It has not worked. Well, the 'punish the players' part has.
  • r.ridenbaugh_ESO
    r.ridenbaugh_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Innocente wrote: »
    WoW gold sellers got most of their product from hacking accounts. Don't ever recall seeing much in the way of Bots in WoW.

But, for ESO:

* Teleport Hackers
    * Speed Hackers
    * Z-Plane Hackers
    * Bot Hackers

All of these types of cheats are available because there is to much logic being handled by the ESO game client. In normal MMOs, the server handles a much larger portion of motion and positioning logic, but in order to have the 'Action Based' combat systems, that logic is placed by ZOS into the client.

Having the movement and position logic in the client may make for better performance, but it opens the whole system to hacking and exploitation. As we have all so painfully experienced. Since this is all a fundamental part of the client/server architecture that ZOS uses, it is not going to change. And the cheaters are not going to be going away.

This is a fundamental error in coding and security. It is the reason why action multiplayer games use layered anti-cheat systems to stop this sort of thing. I fear that as time goes on, the PC side of the game will slowly die. Don't know if the Console systems are vulnerable to this sort of hacking.

Really kind of to bad. ZOS has punished players in an attempt to 'discourage' the cheaters. It has not worked. Well, the 'punish the players' part has.

Ive seen everyone of these hacks in WoW also. Its nothing new
  • GreySix
    GreySix
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Its the sheer volume and blatancy of bots and the hacks they're using that's "in your face" in ESO at the moment that's the issue.

Frankly, if we didn't see obvious bot/hack activity, we wouldn't care so much ... if at all.
    Crotchety Old Man Guild

"Hey you, get off my lawn!"
  • drwoody44b14_ESO
    drwoody44b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I dont remember seeing a bot train of 15 bots in gw2/ffxiv/swtor. I'd see a few, but not entire trains....

Wow bots back in 2004....I'd think 10 years later technology, coding, and previous experiences would make the issue better, not worse.
    Edited by drwoody44b14_ESO on 28 May 2014 20:59
  • born2beagator
    born2beagator
    ✭✭✭✭
    I never saw a bot in swtor.
  • dolmen
    dolmen
    ✭✭✭
    I dont remember seeing a bot train of 15 bots in gw2/ffxiv/swtor. I'd see a few, but not entire trains....

Wow bots back in 2004....I'd think 10 years later technology, coding, and previous experiences would make the issue better, not worse.

Huh, GW2 was the first place I saw a bot train.
    The Sidekick Order
  • snowmanflvb14_ESO
    snowmanflvb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭

I have never bought gold and have not even played WoW in about 5 years and i still get mail from gold farmers from it.
    Edited by snowmanflvb14_ESO on 28 May 2014 21:21
    Magic is impressive but now Minsc leads SWORDS FOR EVERYONE!!
  • JoseDelgadoCub17_ESO
    JoseDelgadoCub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭

My friend got every class to 90 boting lfg dungeons.

Blizzard banned him and he said he wasn't botting just trash mobs were dying to fast so he wasn't dpsing and they believed it and unbanned his account.

I personally would never bot I don't like throwing away money.
  • snowmanflvb14_ESO
    snowmanflvb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Innocente wrote: »

But, for ESO:

* Teleport Hackers
    * Speed Hackers
    * Z-Plane Hackers
    * Bot Hackers

Every hacking bot you mentioned was in WoW. In fact WoW was the first place I ever saw them and they were the most prolific there in any game i played.
    Magic is impressive but now Minsc leads SWORDS FOR EVERYONE!!