Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Changes I'd like to see to Nightblade

Eivar
Eivar
✭✭✭✭
This was a comment in the NB update post, decided to give it it's own thread, so as not to be buried under all the other comments.

Assassination:

Death Stroke(Ult): seems fine

Assassin's Blade: change to scaling dmg like 2H skill reverse slash. Impale morph could use more range, as it is 15 yds is pretty much in your face anyway, more worthwhile imo right now to use killer's morph for the heal.

Teleport Strike: Increase stun to 3s, otherwise seems fine.

Blur: change to 30% miss for 15s instead of 15% for 30s.

Marked Target: add in dmg bonus against npc, since they tend to have low armor/spell resist due to high HP. aka pointless outside of PvP.

Haste: seems fine.

Passives: only change i would like to see is to Master Assassin(which i beleive is coming)

Shadow:

Consuming Darkness: pretty fantastic as is.

Shadow Cloak: duration seems a bit short for the cost, can't restealth using it, have seen it bug out in pvp, been able to follow people trying to escape combat with it by following the weird light bending effect and seeing the red glow cast animation through it. maybe have dark cloak morph cost more and remove you from combat.

Veiled Strike: needs to have damage scaled up, but otherwise fine.

Path of Darkness: Should give player a movement speed buff and give allies a speed syngery. Damage defintely needs to be brought up(being done i know)

Aspect of Terror: should effect more than 2 targets, perhaps instead of a placeable fear trap for the manifestation of terror morph, it should be all targets within 8m.

Summon Shade: give shade a taunt, make it a tanking summon. dark shades morph could use more in depth ai, so that only one shade will stay and try to tank an enemy, other will target next nearest enemey and tank that.

Passives: the incoming change to refreshing shadows is fantastic love it, would like to see the duration buff from Dark Veil increased.

Siphoning:

Soul Shred: needs to heal caster as well as have heal synergy for allies.

Strife: should give back a base heal rather than a HoT, as our only reliable self heal a HoT just doesn't cut it compared to other classes and their self healing.

Agony: no idea why this is a siphoning skill, it siphons nothing, could easily be a shadow skill, having this be the source of a HoT would be fantastic. have it drain health only while active maybe.

Cripple: generally fine but i'd rather see an immediate speed boost/reduction rather than a scaling one, scaling is just less useful unless duration is increased.

Siphoning Strikes: damage reduction is just to high, starts at 28% scales down to 22%, would rather see it start at 16% and scales down to 10% at rank 4.

Drain Power: not spammably effective, relies on you having a weapon skill to make it useful, perhaps buff dmg and give it a pure dmg buff up to a max benefit? also, this is a buff not a siphon it doesn't lower enemy weapon dmg, maybe have it lower incoming dmg and increase outgoing?

Passives: catalyst seems really out of place, perhaps replace it with a passive thatincrease how much you siphon, be it hp, movement speed, or damage output?
Edited by Eivar on 28 May 2014 19:33