Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Seperating bags for improved gameplay.

Thulsola
Thulsola
✭✭✭
Forgive me if this has already been discussed - but: I think Zeni should consider revising how they have the bag system setup.

I like that there is limited space to collect weapons and apparel loot while I'm out in the field. But the fact that I have to decide on how to use the same bag space for crafting materials doesn't make a lot of sense to me. We've all gotten around this using bounce mails, but the fact that we are using add-ons to get around something indicates an opportunity for base game improvement.

What if there were two different containers - both with different size upgrade paths: one for crafting mats and one for weapons and apparel? In order to make this work, I'd make it so you can mail mats at anytime, but could only mail weapons and apparel from a city.

I also think the Bank should be separated as well. I would think that crafting bag space would be pretty high - maybe not focused on the number of different items you can have but rather the size of the stacks you can have (level 1 stacks of 20, level 2 stacks of 40, level 3 stacks of 60, etc.) - and the bank space for long time storage be more expensive. On the other hand, bag space for weapons and apparel should be expensive, but the bank space wouldn't be that big a deal (lets face it, most people don't store a ton of weapons and apparel in their bank for long).
Thulsola