Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Do lower level bosses not loot anything for high levels?

Sharakor
Sharakor
✭✭✭
So I've had this happen since I was level 20 or so, I'm 46 now. Many times I would kill world bosses, public dungeon bosses and such and get 0 loot, the body wouldn't even have the option to loot it. I tried killing them a couple of times to make sure I just didn't get loot that one time but that wasn't the case. I did notice that I've usually always been considerably higher level than the boss or the zone (5-10 lvls max). Is this some sort of bug or is it part of the game?
  • Sihnfahl
    Sihnfahl
    ✭✭✭✭
    No, it's part of the game.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All monsters stop dropping loot for character five levels above them I believe, this includes all public bosses.
    Instanced dungeon bosses still drop items I think, although I can't fully remember.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Sharakor
    Sharakor
    ✭✭✭
    Ah thanks for the info, this whole time I thought something was wrong.
  • kimboh
    kimboh
    ✭✭✭✭
    Anything five levels below you does not reward Xp or loot, with the exception of leather scraps.
    <l Cygnus X|VR14|Sorc l>
    <| Romulus Prime|VR12|Temp |>
    <| Qwoptus |lvl30|DK|>
    <| DC|EU |>
  • Eorea
    Eorea
    ✭✭✭
    It's a shame, yeah, but working as intended out in the world and apparently in delves (or at least nothing ever dropped for me in there after a certain point). Not sure about the instanced ones.