Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Which chat program recommended on ESO?

Mycetes
Mycetes
Soul Shriven
Which of these chat programs do people recommend on ESO? Team Speak (TS3), Ventrilo or Mumble? Thanks for your suggestion
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most guilds I have seen use TeamSpeak3.
    Mumble and Ventrilo are normally cheaper if you're buying a sever though.

I have most of them installed because of EVE Online and everyone using different programs for their alliances/fleets.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Zubba
    Zubba
    ✭✭✭
    I loved Ventrilo for many years.
    Add PvP loot drops for some risk/reward in this game.

Captain Morgan Society
    Zub

How'd ya feel like scraping the barncles off me rudder.. Matey..
  • Gedalya
    Gedalya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have used Teamspeak 3 (TS3) and Ventrilo; I have also setup a TS3 server. I think the client for TS3 is more user friendly than the Ventrilo client.
    Baskin Robbins always finds out.

Check out my ESO name generator: eso.tamriel.org
  • SDZald
    SDZald
    ✭✭✭
    Using Mumble right now without any in game problems with it. Does the game have built in audio chat? If not it should.
    Edited by SDZald on 28 May 2014 14:36
  • Maverick827
    Maverick827
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mumble is supposed to be the best.

I'm using Mumble now, but I'm not noticing any great improvement over Ventrilo.
  • CombatBeard
    CombatBeard
    ✭✭✭
  • daneyulebub17_ESO
    daneyulebub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whatever you use, they need a basic in-game chat so you can depend on voice being available rather than hope everyone in the group uses the same external program. That's fine for guilds, and people you group with commonly, but no in-game voice chat kills voice for more casual groups or pugs.
    This message confirms that you have successfully cancelled your subscription to The Elder Scrolls Online. You will no longer be charged for a subscription on a recurring basis, and your access to the game will expire at the end of your current subscription cycle.

We're sad to see you go now, but we'll be happy to welcome you back at any time! Whenever you're ready to come back, your characters will be waiting for you, just like you left them. You can return anytime by resubscribing on the Manage Subscription page on your Elder Scrolls Online account.

Please print this email and keep it for your records.
  • Magister_Aena
    Magister_Aena
    ✭✭✭
    I've had to install all three because all 5 of my guilds use different chat systems. The most common one I've seen is Team Speak, with Ventrilo a close second. Only one guild I've seen uses Mumble, which I prefer.
    Character: Aena d'Eltorn
    Faction: Aldmeri Dominion
    Campaign: Thornblade

|

Character: Droz'Makal
    Faction: Ebonheart Pact
    Campaign: Blackwater Blade
  • Nickdorlandb16_ESO
    Nickdorlandb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    TS3, and im very happy with it :)
  • Lox
    Lox
    ✭✭✭
    I use mumble myself.
    SDZald wrote: »
    Using Mumble right now without any in game problems with it. Does the game have built in audio chat? If not it should.

As for this, I couldn't disagree more to be honest. I don't see why any game developers waste time and resources on producing ingame chat which is almost always a lower quality substitute. Concentrate on the game itself and leave the chat programs to one of the many other dedicated programs that do it better and are more versatile. :smile:
  • liquid_wolf
    liquid_wolf
    ✭✭✭✭
    Teamspeak is what I encounter most of the time.

Our guild uses Mumble

http://www.covenantofthephoenix.com