Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Caltrops

Infraction
Infraction
✭✭✭
Since we cant seem to get an update in the alliance war section regarding this, maybe it will get seen here. We were told a fix would go out shortly after the 1.1 patch making it sound like it was going to be hotfixed. Im not sure what shortly means to Zenimx so maybe someone could tell us what time frame shortly falls in for them.

PS: Some response on the unplayable network lag that is driving people away from Cyrodill would be awesome as well.
  • Ker.Rakb16_ESO
    Ker.Rakb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I don't recall them saying "shortly", they just said it would be part of the next patch after Craglorn.

Actually I hope they keep it this way, since Caltrops invulnerability has become a crucial part of the metagame by now - many people's gear and playing tactics depend on it. "Fixing" caltrops would likely cause a mass exodus from PvP.
  • Urmi
    Urmi
    ✭✭
    Its a horrible bug making cyrodil empty you can easily pvp without them , seriously ..
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only if they fix the ability to place oil anywhere.

I agree that caltrops are broken as hell and stupid in their current state but they're also a great counter to the levels of oil abuse.
    For those not aware of what I am on about oil is meant to be used to pour down on people sieging doors or running into keeps, however it's possible to place it on the floor of a room (with three or four people doing this) and have it cover the whole floor of the room.
    Sometimes this can be dealt with by using ranged attacks but most often you will see it used in towers at resources (only one door in and you can't shoot people inside) or the inner keep zones where both player and NPC healers can keep people up for a long time.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Infraction
    Infraction
    ✭✭✭
    I don't recall them saying "shortly", they just said it would be part of the next patch after Craglorn.

Actually I hope they keep it this way, since Caltrops invulnerability has become a crucial part of the metagame by now - many people's gear and playing tactics depend on it. "Fixing" caltrops would likely cause a mass exodus from PvP.

Between the lag and caltrops on NA at least there already has been a mass exodus from pvp.

By the way this is where they said it would be fixed shortly after the patch:

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/comment/855833/#Comment_855833