Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

racial differentiation.

JoseDelgadoCub17_ESO
JoseDelgadoCub17_ESO
✭✭✭✭
I know it is to late for this but it would be pretty cool if all races started in their respective areas, sadly that isn't happening and won't happen.
It is personally a feature I enjoyed in Warhammer and WoW but I guess all MMO follow they throw everyone at the same place mindset now.
  • murklor007neb18_ESO
    Err... But they do start in their own areas. Well, lumped together in three per area. It make sense from a lore standpoint with the alliances.

Well, unless of course you preordered then its free-for-all.
  • Carnage2K4
    Carnage2K4
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, I agree, Dunmer in Morrowind, Nords in Skyrim and Argonians in blackmarsh... and all the other lesser races in their respective areas...
    Would have been cool, I really dislike the VERY linear way in which the game is presented... Stonfalls > Deshaan > Shodowfen > Eastmarch > The Rift... there is no variation, you must follow this system... I hate the idea that a level 20 who can kill daedra summoned from Oblivion, cannot best a run of the mill wolf or even the common base level creature the skeever... really?

So I can banish a massive demonic skeletal creature but an overgrown rat is beyond me... It's not TES, the world is NOT open, you cannot just go anywhere... you either die if you go high, or get NOTHING if you go low, you are forced to stay in the region assigned to your level... this is absolutely an MMO with the skin of an ES game, and NOT an ES game that's an MMO.
    Edited by Carnage2K4 on 28 May 2014 07:39
    Human Infant Connoisseur
  • JoseDelgadoCub17_ESO
    JoseDelgadoCub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Like the great thing about those MMO is each race felt unique and it added repeatability.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What about people who have Explorers pack and play an Altmer who works with the Pact?

It would have been somewhat enjoyable but at the same time it's a lot of work for little gain past the first hours of gameplay, which most players will forget about within a week any way.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Drasn
    Drasn
    ✭✭✭✭
    The main reason this isn't done anymore is because after the initial push those areas generally become barren. It helps to have all new players start in the same area so that they don't feel alone in the world.