Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

why do dropped set bonuses seem so much better than crafted set bonuses?

loudent
loudent
✭✭✭
Perhaps they even out at the top level but comparing dropped vs crafted it seems dropped is so much better.
  • Innocente
    Innocente
    ✭✭✭✭
    Crafted gear is absolutely inferior to dropped gear until one gets to the absolute top game. Yes, while it is true that you could theoretically make a *slightly* better crafted piece than a drop piece, it would cost 10,000g to make it. Hardly worth it for a few percent gain at Lvl 30.
  • BrassRazoo
    BrassRazoo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought you could craft the same set pieces you found yourself, or are these totally different / similar?

You just need to complete certain amounts of research (per item) and find the particular crafting station in whatever zone.
  • Thrawniel
    Thrawniel
    ✭✭✭
    BrassRazoo wrote: »
    I thought you could craft the same set pieces you found yourself, or are these totally different / similar?

You just need to complete certain amounts of research (per item) and find the particular crafting station in whatever zone.

No, there are sets that cannot be crafted, and are random drops only, like Warlock set, for example. And some of the dropped sets are absolute must-have for some builds, with crafted ones being auxilary at best.

All sets you can craft are listed here, all other sets cannot be crafted. And if you pay attention to the chat, you can notice that none of high-demand sets are on this list.

Edited by Thrawniel on 28 May 2014 03:16
  • Nooblet
    Nooblet
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dropped set bonuses suck almost as bad, minus a few good magicka regen ones.

Currently I use crafted sets, because you can pick the trait, instead of none, or useless one.
  • Gisgo
    Gisgo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are crafted sets really that bad? I like mine, it gives me stuff :|
    Edited by Gisgo on 28 May 2014 03:23
  • Hodorius
    Hodorius
    ✭✭✭
    Nah!
    Best thing there is is a mix from crafted/found sets... but not for every class and not for every role.

Some classes/roles will not wear any of the dropped sets... others perhaps even two.

You just need to check the setbonuses and mix them in a smart way.
    Edited by Hodorius on 28 May 2014 03:27
  • zinoviy22b14_ESO
    zinoviy22b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I think I'm doing ok at 32.. Screenshot_20140527_222640_zps3d2a3155.png
    Screenshot_20140527_222646_zps6d839284.png
  • Thrawniel
    Thrawniel
    ✭✭✭
    I think I'm doing ok at 32..

The only good crafted set, yes:) Add Warlock on top, though, will make it even better.

• Worstluck
    Worstluck
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It depends on the class. Some of the best sets for Nightblades are crafted, although warlock set is good for a lot of builds due to magicka bias.
    Worstluck - Breton Nightblade "Some of us refused to bow. We knew the old ways would lead us back to having a kingdom of our own."
    ―Madanach
    Elfluck - Dunmer Dragonknight "When I will walk the earth again, the Faithful among you shall receive your reward: to be set above all other mortals forever. As for the rest: the weak shall be winnowed: the timid shall be cast down: the mighty shall tremble at my feet and pray for pardon."
    ―Mehrunes Dagon
    Deadluck -Imperial Templar "Men are but flesh and blood. They know their doom, but not the hour"
    ―Uriel Septim

Daggerfall Covenant
  • Nooblet
    Nooblet
    ✭✭✭✭
    ^ Warlock set is really the only sought after set I see people going for at V12. I might be wrong, but it seems that way to me, And I have yet to see another dropped set (except worm cult, which has no traits, and is V10) that is debatable as being as useful. Unless you start going for lower rank stuff.

I do hope there is some changes to set gear, even though it will frustrate alot of people. The 8trait sets just seem horrible for some reason, when they should be good imo.
  • bean19
    bean19
    ✭✭✭

There are good and quite a bit less good sets for both. Keep in mind that dropped sets are only for one armor type too.

Also, dropped sets can use jewelry which can get you another 3-point set bonus and is what people really want to get Warlock (or Kyne's Flight if they are a bow-user stamina build).
  • Orizuru
    Orizuru
    ✭✭✭
    Nooblet wrote: »
    ^ Warlock set is really the only sought after set I see people going for at V12. I might be wrong, but it seems that way to me, And I have yet to see another dropped set (except worm cult, which has no traits, and is V10) that is debatable as being as useful. Unless you start going for lower rank stuff.

I do hope there is some changes to set gear, even though it will frustrate alot of people. The 8trait sets just seem horrible for some reason, when they should be good imo.

I've seen some people looking for Akaviri's set for the 20% reduction to Ultimate cost for abilities.

It's a pretty good set bonus for only needing 3 pieces of gear.