Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Craglorn grouping- fundamentally flawed

terroristKMKZ
My biggest problem with playing Craglorn over the past few days is being forced to grind. It seems like no matter what vet rank you are, you're grinding something.

I was hoping all vets would be able to play together until 12 or 13 when they can start doing trials. But I was pretty much wrong about that. People going around doing seeker, anomalies, etc, will spend a LONG time doing that before they hit vet rank 8 and will be accepted into a group doing a dungeon run.

The biggest problem is if you are in a group, you will not get XP or items for a lot of kills because too many people are fighting, even though all of Craglorn is meant to be played in a group. So it would normally take hours of grinding whatever to finally rank up but this makes it take way, way longer. So at vet rank 2 I don't think I have much for options on what to do. Nobody in zone chat has been able to give me any good advice on what else to try. I will cancel my subscription but I dunno I may come back eventually, expecting to log on sometime and see some new PVE quests in Belkarth or elsewhere that I can finish without such tediousness or awful grouping mechanics.
  • Phantorang
    Phantorang
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sorry to see you go, goodbye
    Edited by Phantorang on 28 May 2014 00:34
    Fimbulwinter Recruiting true Vikings | Campaigns score | EU PC
  • Wifeaggro13
    Wifeaggro13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My biggest problem with playing Craglorn over the past few days is being forced to grind. It seems like no matter what vet rank you are, you're grinding something.

I was hoping all vets would be able to play together until 12 or 13 when they can start doing trials. But I was pretty much wrong about that. People going around doing seeker, anomalies, etc, will spend a LONG time doing that before they hit vet rank 8 and will be accepted into a group doing a dungeon run.

The biggest problem is if you are in a group, you will not get XP or items for a lot of kills because too many people are fighting, even though all of Craglorn is meant to be played in a group. So it would normally take hours of grinding whatever to finally rank up but this makes it take way, way longer. So at vet rank 2 I don't think I have much for options on what to do. Nobody in zone chat has been able to give me any good advice on what else to try. I will cancel my subscription but I dunno I may come back eventually, expecting to log on sometime and see some new PVE quests in Belkarth or elsewhere that I can finish without such tediousness or awful grouping mechanics.

Get a good guild i had vet 2s doing delves. If you would like an invite and good people to play with send me user ne in game mail and we will bring you right in
  • coryevans_3b14_ESO
    coryevans_3b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you think playing a game is "grinding" then ba-bye. Surprised you bought the game in the first place. But thank you for contributing :)