Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Open PTS to everyone

tim_barteneb17_ESO
Dear Zenimax,

I think it would be a good step forward to open up PTS for everyone ( or at least the guys that are on this forum with more info then the devs).
Either invite those players to PTS to really start testing stuff or open for evyerone and try to balance and fix the game.

I had a really good time since the launch, but now im VR2 and things are becoming anoying or overpowered.

Please open it up so the community can help!
  • Sangeet
    Sangeet
    ✭✭✭
    Good Idea !
  • Decimus_Rex
    Decimus_Rex
    ✭✭✭
    Agreed.

It's time to let us be your QA testers
  • Rev Rielle
    Rev Rielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed. In lieu of some glaring issues in the Update, I think there needs to be more people on the PTS that will actually critique and test the content before it goes live, rather than just play and get excited because they get to experience new content before everyone else does.
    Edited by Rev Rielle on 27 May 2014 14:19
    If you can be anything, be kind.
  • kewl
    kewl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think you have a great idea and I fully support it.

BUT

ZOS got mountains of feedback during beta testing. Look at the result. If they don't choose to act on it, what is the point of adding even more feedback?
  • bruceb14_ESO5
    bruceb14_ESO5
    ✭✭✭
    I do not agree that posters on the forum know more than developers but I do agree that opening the PTS to a wider segment of the community can help.

A wider segment can help by with a varied range of perspectives. Places that will be exploited would more likely be noticed and communicated instead of quietly noted and utilized live. Things like the VR grind boredom may not have shown up or even been a problem on the PTS, but they do matter. PTS is great for test runs to gain world firsts when released but also for gaining insight to anticipate problems and to get input as to how it will be received by the overall ESO audience.

There was a high level of excitement before ESO release, but since it has been blase with reviews and with the community. Putting out fires is normal but adding more resources to anticipating problems through communication with a wider base utilizing the PTS would be a helpful step. The game is great and has potential to live up to the pre-release excitement. Surveys, communication and responsiveness is great.
  • Hozec
    Hozec
    ✭✭✭
    They already said they are going to. so why make a post asking them to?
  • McDoogs
    McDoogs
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hozec wrote: »

Because it should have been done at release, and Craglorn's bugs and exploits are the reason why.

In order for a public test environment to work you need a lot of people in it doing stuff to build up analytic data. They clearly don't have that happening and that why we get so many regression and design issues every patch.
  • bruceb14_ESO5
    bruceb14_ESO5
    ✭✭✭
    Hozec wrote: »
    It has not happened yet.

• Ruddertail
    Ruddertail
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, I also strongly suspect that a lot of bugs are kept secret due to the current nature of the PTS, so the players can exploit them when live. It seems like they play just to experience content first and discover useful exploits.
  • crowfl56
    crowfl56
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bah do something other than play a game or troll the forums.

Here is a PTS, go outside and enjoy the world.