Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

If someone WTB or LF something you know or have and don't need, do you want gold for it?

Asasinka
Asasinka
✭✭✭
Show others what mood prevails in ESO.
Edited by Asasinka on 27 May 2014 14:03
I'm fighting for a higher purpose

If someone WTB or LF something you know or have and don't need, do you want gold for it? 70 votes

WAT? There are players who do something for free? Ridiculous! Gold... Absolutely
14%
SinisterJointWodwoKaradimYakidafiAdyLachannalphawolphKwasSterksPuerto 10 votes
Wanna gold. Deserve it for my effort to obtain that thing.
15%
VeeroTopAce6zdkazzMunkumadangrypallyGraorusila22BBSoonermechasaucedamfatcowSturmwaffel 11 votes
Want gold to get me to the point I won't need it.
11%
Chatoyancyrobertsian87b14_ESOLashiNox_AeternaGazjonevildemonicRottenMuffintygyr 8 votes
Want gold only if I need it (repairs, backpack upgrades...)
14%
dylanluongob14_ESOUrmiAschanFeraltigerb16_ESOBrierTOGoxygen_boarderb16_ESOpez8897nub19_ESOBalticorebrandonBroPeter 10 votes
No gold if I've no use for such thing.
4%
jmmonnat_ESODinobotHuckdabuck 3 votes
No gold, I enjoy making others happy :)
10%
SoupDragonThe_SpAwNgdorsettub17_ESOTorbeshVladdraUlvichAsasinka 7 votes
Other approach (specify yourself)
30%
RegorasfaerigirlNewBlacksmurfDragonMotherCatflingerKingDutracusDrasnzinoviy22b14_ESOTurelusPhantaxLoxKhenarthiArgoloZershar_VemodVampiricOmenMaxBatAllyahKhandiOblongshipFalmer 21 votes
  • Drasn
    Drasn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ignore player and vendor item.
  • Regoras
    Regoras
    ✭✭✭
    Turn zone chat off.
  • Asasinka
    Asasinka
    ✭✭✭
    You make me ROFL :D
  • isengrimb16_ESO
    isengrimb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, someone was looking for the level 20 alchemy water in zone chat; I had some, didn't need it, sent it to him for a price of 10g (to cover the mail cost with maybe 1 g profit) with the message "If you want it". He bought it.

I don't often look at zone chat, but I just happened to catch that request.
  • pez8897nub19_ESO
    Want gold only if I need it (repairs, backpack upgrades...)
    If I don't need it, that is why I'm selling it. Gold is one of those necessary things to have since our gear degrades. I'm not one to buy upgrades. Since the beg of the game I've only had around 5k on hand at all times. Pretty frugal, I am.
  • Asasinka
    Asasinka
    ✭✭✭
    Well, someone was looking for the level 20 alchemy water in zone chat; I had some, didn't need it, sent it to him for a price of 10g (to cover the mail cost with maybe 1 g profit) with the message "If you want it". He bought it.

Then You can vote You enjoy making others happy :)
  • Khandi
    Khandi
    ✭✭✭
    Vendor all items that have no immediate use to me.
    One should always be in love. That is the reason one should never marry.

~Oscar Wilde

• Falmer
    Falmer
    ✭✭✭✭
    Going for "Other" as in I completely ignore WTB, LF messages.

I don't even read them as I have no interest in trading anything with anyone other than friends. Friends of course, I just give them stuff for free.

My thinking here is simply:

If they are looking to buy something, that to me means they don't want to take the time to go find it themselves. There is also a good chance then that they also acquired their gold from "easy" means.
    Edited by Falmer on 27 May 2014 14:22
  • isengrimb16_ESO
    isengrimb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Asasinka wrote: »

Then You can vote You enjoy making others happy :)

Sure, why not.

I also recall a little incident where someone went and surprised me, they wanted to sell me some rawhide scraps for something like a gold piece or two. I guess they were kind of desperate. I bought it, and also dumped some duplicate recipes and other stuff I didn't need on him. He seemed happy enough. I'm mostly interested in free bag space, so if someone can use my junk, they're welcome to it.

I've been terribly poor, even homeless in the past. I know even a scrap can make a difference to someone who is desperate, and if it keeps them from doing something illegal/wrong, then ......

I'm not necessarily nice, I'm just horribly pragmatic.
    Edited by isengrimb16_ESO on 27 May 2014 14:29
  • alphawolph
    alphawolph
    ✭✭✭
    WAT? There are players who do something for free? Ridiculous! Gold... Absolutely
    Normally I give to guildies for free but in this game i charge them.
  • Nox_Aeterna
    Nox_Aeterna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Want gold to get me to the point I won't need it.
    I would only give anything for free to some of my guildies on my actual guild.

To anyone else , im taking gold for it, this game got huge gold sinks , so i will get any i can get.
    "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."
    -Hanlon's razor
  • Argolo
    Argolo
    If this "someone" is a friend or a closer guild mate, I'll give it to her/him for free. Otherwise I try to trade it for something I need or sell it for a fair price. In my mind this is the appropriate etiquette in MMORPGs.
    Edited by Argolo on 27 May 2014 15:42
  • Oblongship
    Oblongship
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is the most worthless poll in all of the forum history...
  • Asasinka
    Asasinka
    ✭✭✭
    Oblongship wrote: »

There is some poll that is worth?
  • Khenarthi
    Khenarthi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It depends on how much the item costs, and how many the person needs. I've given away a dozen steel ingots and a couple of garnets and emeralds. I have been a few ingots away of what I needed for an armour set so I'm familiar with that feeling.

That said, if someone is asking for 100 jute they can take an hour and collect them off nodes.
    PC-EU
  • isengrimb16_ESO
    isengrimb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, I'm saving up blacksmitthing tempers I get from deconstructing items, and usually just vendor the ingots I get.

One day, I hope to trade those blacksmithing tempers for woodworking or clothing tempers, on a one to one basis. Or I'll just save them for a heavy armour and sword alt.

Gads, people get so fussed about game economics, while real life economy collapses around our ears (because it's based on debt and the MYTH of constant growth. Screw credit card companies as hard as car insuraince companies should be screwed, at least until businesses get off their crap philosophies of constant growth.)

Edited by isengrimb16_ESO on 27 May 2014 16:26
  • Grao
    Grao
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wanna gold. Deserve it for my effort to obtain that thing.
    Main Guild gets things for free if they have mats, otherwise I charge. Having 4 profession maxed, searching for researches, managing them, etc... It should be rewarded.
  • VampiricOmen
    VampiricOmen
    ✭✭✭
    It depends on my mood and whether or not I'm logging off any time soon.

In regards to people looking to buy certain traits for crafting, I'll either go with whatever price they were buying it for, or offer it free of charge. If the latter, I may ask for a trait exchange if they have any of a certain trait. If they don't, no worries.

If the person is a friend, I'll offer it for free and it's up to them if they wish to reimburse me for the time it spent for me to obtain said item. I don't expect to be repaid, but I sure appreciate it, especially in the case of motifs.

Anything else I usually sell on a Trading Guild Store, and since my bank is chockers, the chances of having an item on hand that someone is looking for (and that I don't want to hoard), are fairly slim.

All things considered, I've been far more generous to other players in this game than I have in any of the other multiplayer games I've played. With me only needing gold to upgrade bag and bank space, feed horses and occasionally buy traited items or crafting materials, I don't feel the need to sit upon mountains of gold at any one time. Mountains of items on the other hand... what can I say? I just might need it one day!
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly, it depends. Some stuff that I get and don't want I hang on to because I think someone in my guild might want it. Those I give for free. If it's just someone in zone chat I'll usually charge, but not a lot (typically significantly less than I see people advertising items for in zone chat). If it's someone I've just grouped with for a dungeon or something, then I might give it for free. And some stuff I just put up for sale in my trading guild's store.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • faerigirl
    faerigirl
    ✭✭✭✭
    I just vendor stuff. No point in trying to sell in 3 dead trading guilds. I am sick and tired of guild hopping trying to find one or two good ones.
  • Phantax
    Phantax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Depends what it is. I've given away countless amounts of clothing materials, provisioning materials (I don't use them myself). Rare stuff I just keep and horde, if there is something else I have that somebody wants I normally just ask them to make an offer. Anything 'over' vendor price is additional profit so all good

:)
    High Elf Sorcerer VR12 - Destro / Resto Staff
    I'm a werewolf. If you vamps don't like it.... Bite me !
    We're not retreating... we're advancing in a different direction !
  • zinoviy22b14_ESO
    zinoviy22b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I was questing and found a Nord Motif, three seconds later someone asked for it in zone. I sold it to him for 500g while others were still selling it for 800 to 1.2k ...

Money is nice, over charging isn't!

Edit: Also I'd like to take the time to tell you about something that I still think I can't pay it forward enough in mmos.

In FFXI a white mage needed a spell called Erase starting at level 32 to continue to progress their class due to the difficulty of the next areas loving to spam debuffs on groups.

The spell only dropped from a special event that took awhile to build the currency for and then it wasn't 100% drop rate, more around 10 to 20%.

I spent weeks trying to do these event runs, and failing at the drop or someone else getting it.. Not knowing, my GM was doing the runs too on his time. He was doing it for me and gave it to me for my birthday.

The erase scroll went for 20k gil to 100k gil depending on market.. He could have sold it and get a lot of gil, but he didn't.
    Edited by zinoviy22b14_ESO on 28 May 2014 15:15
  • Allyah
    Allyah
    ✭✭✭
    If it's isn't worth anything to vendors and I don't want/need it...
    give it away for free if anyone wants it

If it is worth something and I don't need it or money...
    give it away for free if anyone wants it

If it is worth something and I don't need it but I need money...
    give it away to friends or keep it to sell.

So basically, give as much as I can without making myself suffer.
  • Lox
    Lox
    ✭✭✭
    If I have it its usually because I need it.

If I don't need it I probably don't have it as it will have been vendored or dropped into the Guild bank.
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was questing and found a Nord Motif, three seconds later someone asked for it in zone. I sold it to him for 500g while others were still selling it for 800 to 1.2k ...

Money is nice, over charging isn't!
    Agreed. Every time I've sold a motif I've charged in the 400-500 range, regardless of what prices I've seen them going for in chat and guild stores. Of course, I have yet to sell a rare motif - I would charge more for one of them, but not in the insane ranges I see them selling for.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • DragonMother
    DragonMother
    ✭✭✭
    I prefer to work out a deal. They provide materials, and I will craft whatever it is they seek. In exchange, I provide materials, they make something for me at a later period of time. Works for both parties really.
    Demi, Adult female, Guild leader, Roleplayer & TES enthusiast
    I trust my instincts, more than I trust other peoples opinions.
    Four years, and still present. Sanguine still lives.
  • KingDutracus
    KingDutracus
    ✭✭
    I'm loving that I'm in the majority, where I ignore zone chat unless I'm letting people know a dolmen is up. I have a chat tab for zone, and a chat tab for everything else, and I try to never be in the zone one
  • Catflinger
    Catflinger
    ✭✭✭
    Oblongship wrote: »

QFT
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just sharing that if I want to buy something I look into the Guild Stores. If you are a person who broadcasts in the General channel, WTS, or WTB I add you to the ignore list.

Its also annoying when ppl do this in Guild chat.
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501