Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

So...about that DK class

Glissando
Glissando
✭✭✭

This was a problem long before Craglorn when DKs could SOLO vet dungeons.

This &#*! is sad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-AihITyYqQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pODBGHKF2VU
Edited by Glissando on 27 May 2014 12:20
  • ShintaiDK
    ShintaiDK
    ✭✭✭
    I am sure next patch will BUFF the DKs...
  • Zaxq
    Zaxq
    ✭✭✭
    Hope so, he was taking a while to get those packs down. Could certainly use a buff to some of the dmg skills.

DKs really need some love from ZoS, its like they don't even care he cant solo the Lightning Atronach Boss.
  • Regoras
    Regoras
    ✭✭✭
    ESO is going to be a flavor of the month set up, may as well roll one of each class and play the class that is favored by whoever is in charge of balancing that month.
  • Erock25
    Erock25
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ESO is going to be a flavor of the month set up, may as well roll one of each class and play the class that is favored by whoever is in charge of balancing that month.

Yeah but it is month 2 and it is still DKs so there goes your theory.
    You earned the 500 LOLs badge.
    You received 500 LOLs. It ain't no fluke, you post great stuff and we're lucky to have you here. +50 points
  • monkeymystic
    monkeymystic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What blind and clueless people fail to see is what abilities he uses.
    EVERYTHING WORKS BECAUSE OF RESTORATION ABILITY: SIPHON SPIRIT.

Siphon spirit (resto staff) is the new Elemental Drain, and works the exact same way with Inferno and Cinder, which they fixed on Elemental Drain in 1.1

Fix SIPHON SPIRIT the same way you fixed Elemental Drain = Problem solved.
  • Zaxq
    Zaxq
    ✭✭✭
    Erock25 wrote: »

Yeah but it is month 2 and it is still DKs so there goes your theory.

Wont be a fotm setup since the problems lie in the class skill-lines/passives which, unless they change them on a monthly basis, means DK will always be the best class followed by sorcs (Templars if you only want to heal) and somewhere at the back are NBs (and non-heal Temps).

They need to completely re-work the Templar and NB skill lines which is not going to happen.
  • Glissando
    Glissando
    ✭✭✭

Siphon spirit (resto staff) is the new Elemental Drain, and works the exact same way with Inferno and Cinder, which they fixed on Elemental Drain in 1.1

Ok then..show me a sorc,a nightblade or a templar that can do that.

Thanks.

This is a problem caused by CORROSIVE ARMOR in combination with BATTLE ROAR. Simple as that.
    Edited by Glissando on 27 May 2014 11:32
  • zeuseason
    zeuseason
    ✭✭✭
    That's pretty impressive! I want this build....
  • Pewpie
    Pewpie
    ✭✭✭
    Glissando wrote: »

Thanks.

This is a problem caused by CORROSIVE ARMOR in combination with BATTLE ROAR. Simple as that.
    Corrosive armor?
  • Reykice
    Reykice
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The ability allowing them to do that is their ultimate that caps the damage at 3% of their HP... even if you hit him for 3000 damage, he will only take 3% of his hp...

That ability should not exist as he can solo anything with it... and tank tank any number of mobs like you have seen.

Its a DK ultimate so this is why you only see DK`s soling things they should not be able to solo... i even said after their last nerf that this ability will also need to be nerfed, this is why.

http://esohead.com/skills/15957-magma-armor - this needs to be nerfed badly... and maybe they need to take a look at Dragon Standard stacking aka if 10 dk`s drop it in the same place its effect stacks...
  • monkeymystic
    monkeymystic
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks.

Learn how to play the game and learn the mechanics before being ignorant.

Without Spirit Siphon, he would run out of magicka! That's why they fixed Elemental Drain doing the EXACT same thing!
    The problem is Spirit Siphon triggers on Inferno and cinder ticks, giving him nonstop magicka spam.

Since he gets infinite magicka from Spirit Siphon, he can just spam everything.

Here's a Nightblade soloing stuff, you call this fine then?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNESCiD5Wt0
    Edited by monkeymystic on 27 May 2014 11:44
  • zeuseason
    zeuseason
    ✭✭✭
    DK's are such a fun class to play tho....so if they nerf this to the normal level player base (not the player in this video), many players will leave I feel.
  • Glissando
    Glissando
    ✭✭✭

Thanks.

Without Spirit Siphon, he would run out of magicka! That's why they fixed Elemental Drain doing the EXACT same thing!
    The problem is Spirit Siphon triggers on Inferno and cinder ticks, giving him nonstop magicka spam.

The difference is that NB is not in craglorn.

And no,that is not fine.That is just poor game design.Monsters should reset when he uses the shadowy disguise.Easy fix there.

I am not OK with any class soloing content that is intended to be for 4 men -12 men.Any class or combination of skills that can do that should be nerfed for this game to be healthy. Easy as that.
  • monkeymystic
    monkeymystic
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks.

And no,that is not fine.That is just poor game design.Monsters should reset when he uses the shadowy disguise.Easy fix there.

I am not OK with any class soloing content that is intended to be for 4 men -12 men.Any class or combination of skills that can do that should be nerfed for this game to be healthy. Easy as that.

I have seen Nightblades solo Craglorn content like this, and it should not happen.
  • Glissando
    Glissando
    ✭✭✭

Thanks.

I have seen Nightblades solo Craglorn content like this, and it should not happen.

Ok then.Link a video,create a thread so they can fix that as well.I'm not hating on DK class in particular,ANYONE THAT CAN SOLO RAIDS needs to be toned down.
  • Zaxq
    Zaxq
    ✭✭✭
    Clearly an old video of a NB killing trash mobs and the first boss of Spindleclutch is the same as a DK clearing the v12 12-man Trial content solo.

Without stealth abuse.

And the DK kills the trash 10x faster than the NB does.

You're right tho in a sense, its unfair that DKs don't have Dark Cloak.

• skoomatrait
    skoomatrait
    ✭✭✭
    think this is a rare example when the only thing should be told:
    everything is work as intended but only single players can use their class abilities in such a flawless way

stop cryin' and envying his brain, grab some ideas to improve your own class
    and discuss them with zeni
    Edited by skoomatrait on 27 May 2014 12:04
  • monkeymystic
    monkeymystic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    everything is work as intended but only single players can use their class abilities in such a flawless way

Quoted for truth.

It's fun reading whine from noobs that don't realise they can do it themselves IF they had the brains for it.

Other than that, Spirit Siphon is too strong right now, and gives infinite magicka which should be fixed the same way as Elemental Drain.
    Edited by monkeymystic on 27 May 2014 12:08
  • hamon
    hamon
    ✭✭✭✭✭

are you seriously saying you think this is ok? .. and i bet your not a dK eh? honestly this is indefensable to any rational mind

• Glissando
    Glissando
    ✭✭✭

Why don't you improve a templar so he can solo like that DK? Pretty please...

All you DK fanboys should just gtfo,seriously.

I am not OK for any class in ANY MMO TO SOLO THE END GAME CONTENT DESIGNED FOR MORE THAN ONE PLAYER.

Wtf is wrong with you people?Can you not understand the basics of MMO end-game?

I do not want "my class" to be able to do what that dude is doing.I want to raid and compete in the trials and have a fair shot while the classes can be somewhat balanced.I'm fairly sure some will be stronger,some will be weaker but this is just gross and a spit in the eye for anyone who's playing anything else except DK.

bleh...people like you...just...meh.

Edited by Glissando on 27 May 2014 12:19
  • ForTheRealm
    ForTheRealm
    ✭✭✭

Thanks.

Here is a Sorc soloing Craglorn boss:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmAqjl9xZOg

• Glissando
    Glissando
    ✭✭✭
    that's a 4 man dungeon from craglorn...still not OK but it's not in the 12 man raid at least.
  • ForTheRealm
    ForTheRealm
    ✭✭✭
    that's a 4 man dungeon from craglorn...still not OK but it's not in the 12 man raid at least.

I agree that e.g. NB needs buff, but nowadays it is not like that only DKs are valid.
    I have couple alts and currently the best all-arounder is Sorc, and I am still waiting for times when I could enjoy playing my NB ;-)

Edited by ForTheRealm on 27 May 2014 12:29
  • Glissando
    Glissando
    ✭✭✭

I agree that e.g. NB needs buff, but nowadays it is not like that only DKs are valid.
    I have couple alts and currently the best all-arounder is Sorc, and I am still waiting for times when I could enjoy playing my NB ;-)

All the classes need to be at somewhat the same level of power and none of them should be able to solo 4-12 player designed content.

It's just as simple as that and they should nerf/buff anything that needs this done.The freaking game shouldn't have been released until the classes were balanced but w/e.
  • fredarbonab14_ESO
    fredarbonab14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Good points made in the usual pompous, whiny, how-could-you-be-so-stupid manner that most MMOs that use the forums adapt, unfortunately. Not learn how to play, learn how you converse people.
  • psufan5
    psufan5
    ✭✭✭✭

Thanks.

This. I couldn't take out 1 of those adds on my blade. Not a single one.

Surgical Incision
    Former Emperor
    USPS4
  • skoomatrait
    skoomatrait
    ✭✭✭
    hamon wrote: »
    [and i bet your not a dK eh? honestly this is indefensable to any rational mind
    nope, i'm dk who played as a classic tank not a mage dk. so i'm dk who was killed by unbeatable enemy: incompetent devs+crying noobs
  • psufan5
    psufan5
    ✭✭✭✭
    DK, Sorc, then all the rest. Nothing compares to them.

Surgical Incision
    Former Emperor
    USPS4
  • skoomatrait
    skoomatrait
    ✭✭✭

I am not OK for any class in ANY MMO TO SOLO THE END GAME CONTENT DESIGNED FOR MORE THAN ONE PLAYER.

once more u dont need to whine about dk, whine about end game content. where's different types of bosse for example, where's 2or3 range damage bosses in this video, where's new buttle mechanics to prevent soloing

gtfo? no stfu because all u can is asking for nerf but not to finding solutions
  • EvilEmpire
    EvilEmpire
    ✭✭✭

Why don't you improve a templar so he can solo like that DK? Pretty please...

I do not want "my class" to be able to do what that dude is doing.I want to raid and compete in the trials and have a fair shot while the classes can be somewhat balanced.I'm fairly sure some will be stronger,some will be weaker but this is just gross and a spit in the eye for anyone who's playing anything else except DK.

Here's the kicker though, I play a sword and board stamina DK, and after patch, I'm basically useless (until I respec and change my whole build and design). If I want to be a DK like this guy and apparently 'l2p!' since the patch (the friggin FoTM), I have to abandon my whole build, and all the time I've spent in Blacksmithing, and change completely to a Magicka based DK with Light armor and a Restro staff. I don't want to do that ***. I don't want to play a DK as a cookie cutter Mage with Light Armor, all Magicka and a Staff. If I wanted to do that ***, I would've played a god damn mage.

I want to play my DK as a Stamina build with Hvy Armor, preferably with my sword and board (since if you read my other ranting posts, I already had to abandon the 2h and Bow stamina builds).

edit - I completely agree about the Templars. My gf plays a sword and board Templar and was more Support/Tankish rather than Healer, and now she's having to completely change everything (but doesn't even know which direction to go)
    Edited by EvilEmpire on 27 May 2014 13:44