Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

WTB a good read

Triumph
Triumph
Hi there,

Im off camping this weekend and I would like a good read about eso.

Can any of you guys suggest me some good reads?

Can really be anything, from pvp strats/builds to pve class minmizing to lore to general info about the game.

Your help would be much appreciated!
  • Chrysolis
    Chrysolis
    ✭✭✭
    Try Blink by Malcolm Gladwell. Or Descartes' Error by Antonio Damasio.

I'm not trying to be condescending, but reading about an MMO is kind of a waste of time; you get ahead in MMO's by playing them. The fact that you're planning on spending a camping trip reading about ESO suggests some level of addiction - why not expand your knowledge in other ways so you can carry an interesting conversation, or claim to have read an actual book? Or do things people typically do when camping. Roast a marshmallow.

Anyway I'm sure you could find boatloads of lore on The Elder Scrolls via uespwiki if you really want to.
    Edited by Chrysolis on 27 May 2014 07:16
  • Triumph
    Triumph
    Chrysolis wrote: »
    Try Blink by Malcolm Gladwell. Or Descartes' Error by Antonio Damasio.

I'm not trying to be condescending, but reading about an MMO is kind of a waste of time; you get ahead in MMO's by playing them. The fact that you're planning on spending a camping trip reading about ESO suggests some level of addiction - why not expand your knowledge in other ways so you can carry an interesting conversation, or claim to have read an actual book? Or do things people typically do when camping. Roast a marshmallow.

Anyway I'm sure you could find boatloads of lore on The Elder Scrolls via uespwiki if you really want to.

You didn't really try your best not to sound condescending haha.

I play ESO way too casual, but I care about the story, which I normally don't care about while playing. I want to try and change that by reading up a bit when or IF I get bored. Assuming I don't do what normal people do on a camping... Jeez.. People on forums...

But thanks for your first sentence, would've been enough.

Edited by Triumph on 27 May 2014 15:57
  • DireKit
    DireKit
    ✭✭✭
    Triumph wrote: »
    Hi there,

Im off camping this weekend and I would like a good read about eso.

Can any of you guys suggest me some good reads?

Can really be anything, from pvp strats/builds to pve class minmizing to lore to general info about the game.

Your help would be much appreciated!

Read the forums.

Always new content. Such rage. Very angrr. Wow.
    Edited by DireKit on 27 May 2014 15:58
  • Triumph
    Triumph
    DireKit wrote: »
    Read the forums.

Always new content. Such rage. Very angrr. Wow.

And always helpful people..

• Gisgo
    Gisgo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Read a real book.
    Yeah im an ass but do yourself a favor and listen to this ass.

Or get a girl :#
    Edited by Gisgo on 27 May 2014 16:04
  • Triumph
    Triumph
    All these assumptions. Seriously amazing how bad you are at it too.

But nvm, hoped for some good suggestions, consider this topic closed.
  • Gisgo
    Gisgo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We gave good suggestions, if you still want to spend your camping weekend reading about TESO we cant help you much.
  • Nazon_Katts
    Nazon_Katts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's Elder Scrolls novels; The Infernal City, Lord of Souls and Past the Sky's Rim.
    "You've probably figured that out by now. Let's hope so. Or we're in real trouble... and out come the intestines. And I skip rope with them!"