Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

HELP - Templar Vet12 having problems in Vet 7 zones

6point6b16_ESO
6point6b16_ESO
✭✭✭
K yesterday i respecced 7 times. ye thats all my gold gone, and still havent found a way to survive 3 and 4 mobs. I can do 2 mobs but it always gets so close to death. Ive tried bow, duel wield, 2hander, 1hander shield, Light armor, medium armor and heavy armor, tried so many skills now.

Anyone who has a good dps/survivebility (please i dont wanna use any kind of staff)

Thanx
  • williamburr2001b14_ESO
    Anyone who has a good dps/survivebility (please i dont wanna use any kind of staff)

Thanx

Sorry man, staff/staff. You won't regret it.
  • 6point6b16_ESO
    6point6b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    A game shouldn force u to use staff to be able to beat content.
  • Shaun98ca2
    Shaun98ca2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you tried Sun Shield?? Either morph would work VERY well. Restoring Aura would ALSO benefit the build as it helps regen Health and Stamina.

Then you simply choose 3 Stamina based abilities that work for you and you like/or simply have available.

Your armor should either be Medium Armor or Heavy Armor, either way you want armor and spell resist soft capped.

HP and Stamina are going to be VERY vital to as the Stamina is going to increase your DPS and the HP is going to keep you alive and provide a better base for Sun Shield.

This is not a build you HAVE to use but you might find it works for you and has the increased durability.

What do you prefer to be using Weapon Type? Bow, 2h, S&B, DW? PREFER im sure whatever you choose can be helped in making better.

IF you go bow my above advice doesn't work very well except for Restoring Aura for the increase HP/Stamina regen. I would probably throw on some Templar Self Healing Breath of Life as Honor the Dead is still bugged.
  • Suel
    Suel
    Soul Shriven
    K yesterday i respecced 7 times. ye thats all my gold gone, and still havent found a way to survive 3 and 4 mobs. I can do 2 mobs but it always gets so close to death. Ive tried bow, duel wield, 2hander, 1hander shield, Light armor, medium armor and heavy armor, tried so many skills now.

Thanx

Same Problem nothing works repec'ed 4 times used all my money.
    Vr8 Can't kill Vr1 mobs
    THEY RUINED TEMPLAR'S THE JERKS.
  • ShintaiDK
    ShintaiDK
    ✭✭✭
    Light armour and staves. Anything else and Zenimax tells you to GTFO of this game.
  • 6point6b16_ESO
    6point6b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Nevermind. tried one more build today. didnt work. cancelled my sub. i never played more than one char in an mmorpg. And im not gonna start cause eso wants to force me to it.
  • oxygen_boarderb16_ESO
    I'm vet 7 in a vet 7 zone, I can solo quests in that zone.

Currently running:

2H - Med/Hvy combo
    1. Blazing Shards
    2. Brawler
    3. Executioner
    4. Rune Shard
    5. Fiery Shield
    6. Flawless Dawnbreaker

For 1 mob, you basically just do whatever you want, zero chance to die.

For 3+ mobs, you pop Fiery shield as you run up, toss Blazing shards, brawler till you can execute, re-apply Fiery shield as necessary. Rune shard after the battle to get stam/hp back for convenience.

Use flawless dawnbreak when available. Voila, soloing content.
    Toktok - Vet8 Orc Templar - 2 Hand, Medium/Heavy Armor Grunt - Blacksmith/Clothier/Enchanter/Alchemist
  • kitsinni
    kitsinni
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sadly I have to kind of agree with the all light staff/staff conclusion. Nothing else seems to come close. With pretty much every class staff and light armor is the best combination which is pretty sad.

It is possible with other armor/weapon sets but takes a lot more patience and planning to get through packs of more than 2. When you are in the higher vet content it is very difficult.
  • oxygen_boarderb16_ESO
    kitsinni wrote: »
    Sadly I have to kind of agree with the all light staff/staff conclusion. Nothing else seems to come close. With pretty much every class staff and light armor is the best combination which is pretty sad.

It is possible with other armor/weapon sets but takes a lot more patience and planning to get through packs of more than 2. When you are in the higher vet content it is very difficult.

You basically ignored my viable build. I down packs just as fast as a caster. lol
    Toktok - Vet8 Orc Templar - 2 Hand, Medium/Heavy Armor Grunt - Blacksmith/Clothier/Enchanter/Alchemist
  • kitsinni
    kitsinni
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You basically ignored my viable build. I down packs just as fast as a caster. lol

I didn't say anything about your build not working. I said it is possible with other weapon/armor setups just takes more planning. You mentioned an exact method of attack which in my opinion is a build that takes planning.
  • oxygen_boarderb16_ESO

I didn't say anything about your build not working. I said it is possible with other weapon/armor setups just takes more planning. You mentioned an exact method of attack which in my opinion is a build that takes planning.

As opposed to what? Running in and just spamming Biting Jab? Like what exactly were you doing before.
  • Thechemicals
    Thechemicals
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have not had any problems from level 1- vr8 craglorn as a templar, and i dont use staff/staff. Ive always found the destro staff to be lacking versatility since you only really use one active skill in the tree and the others suck compared to it. My builds use little or no stamina so i can block and breakout.

Vr14 Templar since release- dual resto
    Vr14 Dk bow/2h

Brayan Blackthunder
    Goddick
    Daggerfall Covenant