Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Do you Want a level Cap Increase or New content?

AshleyLee
AshleyLee
✭✭✭
Do you want to to have more level cap increases? Or new content, such as Theives Guild, Dark Brotherhood, new skill lines?
Edited by AshleyLee on 27 May 2014 02:04

Do you Want a level Cap Increase or New content? 129 votes

I want the level cap to keep increasing.
1%
franziska.meyerb16_ESONicky_W 2 votes
I'd rather have new Content/skill trees/lines than have to grind more levels.
74%
Rhinobear71195_ESOZephericVeeronavystylz_ESOMrausetiAzarulDazmilan09OdysseyAaronSmithb14_ESOMaverick827danteafkfattyarbucklegreeat-scottb14_ESOmazhern.englishb14_ESOLeesharaul.anthony.estradab14_ESOLeijonastryderzzskarvika 96 votes
I want more levels cap AND new content
24%
Bolshjustin903b14a_ESODaethzers101284b14_ESOKhajitFurTraderSariashThe_SpAwNalvinp90b16_ESOSunrockfrandultaria1725eb17_ESOgavinpickeringrwb17_ESOwilliambbechtoldub17_ESOJosephChipRangerChadLadyHenAuraliaPBpsyR0M2KNighkomoroBonefish6 31 votes
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm surprised they raised the cap as soon as they did. I'd prefer to see more content added to reduce some of the railroading on the 1-50 path, but especially in veteran content. I personally would have been happy with a v10 cap for at least a year, using that time to fill in scalable content to keep players of all levels interested.

A cap increase doesn't necessarily add anything except more grind. Anything positive that comes from a cap increase could come in some other form without also creating more grind through xp gain.

The general consensus right now is that veteran xp is a HUGE grind so why they would go and add more of that grind as a first priority is a bit odd. Craglorn could have been endgame content at v10 cap just as easily without the need for a cap increase as well.
    Edited by redspecter23 on 27 May 2014 02:10
  • Arreyanne
    Arreyanne
    ✭✭✭✭
    None of the above

They need to fix the game before they do any of that
    Edited by Arreyanne on 27 May 2014 02:10
  • Anzer
    Anzer
    ✭✭✭
    Are you f***ing s**ting me? Where is the "I want the god d**n game fixed." option? How about they fix the huge class disparity, massive list of bugged and/or borked skills and passives, then deal with the rampart botting first? After that, maybe they could consider adding more content/levels/whatever.
    NA Server:

Anzer - Nightblade Tank / Zander - Dragonknight Tank / Selvaria - Sorcerer Healer / Rozalin Black - Templar Healer
  • danteafk
    danteafk
    ✭✭
    So glad Wildstar comes out end of the week. This game is pure boredom currently.
  • Loxy37
    Loxy37
    ✭✭✭✭
    None of the above. I want them to stop making all content and start fixing the bugs. If they don't and continue on this path then they are only going to force the game to FTP much quicker.
  • Requiemslove
    Requiemslove
    ✭✭✭
    @Anzer‌ , can your mouth, please, for the love of God.

On topic, I choose the 3rd option but with reservations. It is not to be now, and it has to be gradual, as new major content regions become available down the line, should the in my eyes, overall level range increase, whether that is via VR ranks or the more typical method, personally I would like more than 50 base levels.
  • Ker.Rakb16_ESO
    Ker.Rakb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    The cap is already far too high for my liking - I just can't take the quest grind anymore. Currently there's nothing to do except the hellishly slow grind or playing in a PvP zone with wallhackers and multiple invulnerability cheats.

There'd be nothing interesting for me to do at the endgame either, so I'm out until there's some proper new VR1-5 content that's not about quest grinding. Should take about a year, hopefully.
    Edited by Ker.Rakb16_ESO on 27 May 2014 02:18
  • Sunrock
    Sunrock
    ✭✭✭
    I want new content who does not? But I also want new levels. New levels keep the balance of the grind in the game. When you add new levels you don't have to force new players to grind dungion X for 1056 times to find that legendary drop as the new content gives new levels and a blue crafted lv (x+2) will be as good as the old legendary with 2% drop rate.
  • Anzer
    Anzer
    ✭✭✭
    @Requiemslove Oh, I apologize, I didn't realize I couldn't voice my opinion on this forum.
    Allow me to quietly sit here and appreciate the new content being released that breaks new things, without fixing the old things first.
    NA Server:

Anzer - Nightblade Tank / Zander - Dragonknight Tank / Selvaria - Sorcerer Healer / Rozalin Black - Templar Healer
  • Nox_Aeterna
    Nox_Aeterna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dont know if i will be around to see it , but if i had to pick one , i would say they should add content.

If they want to add with new lvls , so be it , but they raised the cap in the first 2 months , if they keep going up at this speed , by years end , new players wont be able to reach the cap in a timely manner unless there are much better ways to do it.
    "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."
    -Hanlon's razor
  • greeat-scottb14_ESO
    yeah - there's been missing content from the starting line. and to top that off you've already structured the level system (to screw that up even more is pure folly). polish what we're beta testing and add the missing content that would make this an Elder Scrolls game
  • OneForSorrow
    OneForSorrow
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ideally I'd take more levels and more content since I see more levels as a sign that my character is growing (even though character growth in Elder Scrolls is far more elaborate than simple leveling).

I don't think of it as a grind.

That said both done well can be hard for a new company. For now I'd rather more endgame content than more levels.
    PC NA. Various alts, trying to find a main, I have no idea what I'm doing.
  • Ish_Fingers
    It would be nice to see new/different content introduced before raising the level cap again.

There's a plethora of suggestions and ideas out there already so I'm not going to begin listing any, but things to do away from questing/dungeons would be nice.

That said, there is still plenty of the game I've yet to see & do, and even more that I look forward to doing again (and possibly a third time). At my current pace, with all the things in-game already, I'm content for at least another 10 months.
  • Daethz
    Daethz
    ✭✭✭
    We don't need 50 billion spells.
    There are only so many different effects that even make sense that you could add, many of the games spells are already too similar.

Frankly I want more Side-content, Theifs/Brotherhood, horseracing, etc.
    Waiting, and watching, for the return of Melee Weapons.
    -Subsidiary of The Fighters Guild
  • Loco_Mofo
    Loco_Mofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Much more content please.

Constantly raising the level cap is reason enough to cancel my sub.
  • skarvika
    skarvika
    ✭✭✭✭
    *pounds fists on table* SKILL TREES SKILL TREES SKILL TREES
    QQing is a full time job
  • Morbus2
    Morbus2
    ✭✭✭
    None of thee above.

Please for the love of God fix all the problems and bugs (they are too many to list) that this game already has before you even think about adding more content/skill trees or whatever.

It's like you take one step forward, and two steps back. Every time there is a patch, hotfix, adjustment or whatever you fix one thing but break two others.
  • Requiemslove
    Requiemslove
    ✭✭✭
    Anzer wrote: »
    @Requiemslove Oh, I apologize, I didn't realize I couldn't voice my opinion on this forum.
    Allow me to quietly sit here and appreciate the new content being released that breaks new things, without fixing the old things first.

All for you voicing your discontent bub, but the foul language is a no no. Surely you can say what you got to say without swearing with every second word?

• Requiemslove
    Requiemslove
    ✭✭✭
    skarvika wrote: »

No no and NO. Did they not say the ambition for this game was NOT to be like your typical MMO. Skill trees in ESO would be an admission of defeat. ZOS will not do skill trees if they got any sense. As things are now is fine, all they got to do is fix some stuff, like nightblades.

• n.englishb14_ESO
    n.englishb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    skarvika wrote: »

No no and NO. Did they not say the ambition for this game was NOT to be like your typical MMO. Skill trees in ESO would be an admission of defeat. ZOS will not do skill trees if they got any sense. As things are now is fine, all they got to do is fix some stuff, like nightblades.

I think more skill trees is a good idea, would help us play how we want( looking at you unarmed combat). What I hope you're thinking of is, skill bar slots.
  • Harakh
    Harakh
    ✭✭✭
    i only want bugfixes and balance first after that new content
    Die Welt in einem Sandkorn sehen
    Und den Himmel in einer wilden Blume;
    Die Unendlichkeit in der Handfläche halten
    Und die Ewigkeit in einer Stunde.
  • indytims_ESO
    indytims_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    How about, "I want Zeni to focus on fixing the bugs BEFORE working on more content/raising the level cap"?
  • Stannum
    Stannum
    ✭✭✭✭
    We need no new levels or skill lines.
    We need
    1. Bug fix!!!
    2. One or two extra action slots ))
    3. New content
  • canghai
    canghai
    ✭✭✭
    danteafk wrote: »
    So glad Wildstar comes out end of the week. This game is pure boredom currently.

i heard wildstar puts out new content EVERY weekend and the devs will meet EVERY single demand of EVERY single player and that at launch they will NOT have any bugs what so ever
  • Tr1cksh0t
    Tr1cksh0t
    ✭✭
    Neither, i want them to fix the damn game
  • KitLightning
    KitLightning
    ✭✭✭✭
    rad.jpg A stable gamebuild (no game can be entirely bug free).
    "I'd rather be insane in a sane world, than sane in an insane world!" ~Me
    Warning - This is a spoiler and looking at it for too long may cause irrecoverable eyesight issues.
    ◔̯◔

MechWarrior: Living Legends – Total conversion modification for Crysis Wars.

kitlightning.deviantart