Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

How often do abilities not effect a 'boss'?

Tavore1138
Tavore1138
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
I have noticed an increasing tendency to use an ability against a solo boss and get the in game message that it has no effect or the boss is too powerful (although on my level).

I am NB (hear me roar) and this has impacted on pretty much every stun or other ability that provides ways to hobble them before you get slammed, essentially the things needed to stay alive.

How common is this? Does it happen with talons or other similar control abilities from other classes?

Certainly has a negative impact on a battle when none of your abilities work on the target...
GM - Malazan
Raid Leader - Hungry Wolves
Legio Mortuum
  • Galen_the_Black
    Galen_the_Black
    Soul Shriven
    Bosses with the 2 diamonds on either side of its hp bar are immune to CC and Stuns, even bash stuns.

Bosses with 1 diamond on either side is susceptible to CC but not stuns.

At least that is what I experienced.
    Just my 2 Septims.
  • Falmer
    Falmer
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, it happens to every class. Even some enemies that aren't bosses (storm atronachs) are immune to CC abilities.

Just need to switch and use other abilities against those particular types.
  • Wavek
    Wavek
    ✭✭✭
    Quite often a Boss or even Elite will not let you knockback, stun or snare. The main problem with this, if its a solo mob (like solo area elite) is that if your build relies on those effects they cant be killed. I dont have a problem with a proper group boss being immune to certain effects, thats normal, but enemies in non-group content areas should never do this.
  • silent88b14_ESO
    silent88b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    The downside to specialization is a lack of alternatives.
    Behold the great Oak. Just a little nut who stood his ground.