Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Guild Store is all wrong !

mark.markandb16_ESO
I'm a member of 5 guilds and there is literally nothing of normal level on sale.

The reason for this is that folk that want to sell stuff....want coin.
Coin is short but they are charged a good percentage to even list stuff...hence they don't bother.

You have already capped the number of items a character is allowed to have on sale, so why not drop...or minimise the sale cost?

If you still think you need the gold sink...transfer the cost to the buyer.

Hence ...much more stuff available to buy.

I can't see a down side to this...unless I've overlooked something.

Thoughts and comments welcome
Edited by mark.markandb16_ESO on 26 May 2014 17:30
  • Kemono
    Kemono
    ✭✭✭
    unless I've overlooked something.
    Yeah, you overlooked "something" but dont worry cos its not really OBVIOUS on first look

First thing you overlook is : BANKS ARE NOT SELLING ANYTHING

Second thing you overlook is: checking in game before creating dumb threads. No, seriously. Go to guild store at once and check about what exactly you complaining

Third things you overlook: joining some guilds that actually sell things of whatever "normal level" even means

• Prettiboi
    Prettiboi
    ✭✭✭
    wtf is "normal level"? someone please explain.
    PrettiBoi
    Daggerfall Covenant
    No Mercy PVP Guild -- Former Emperor
    Awaken PVE Guild -- DC's Fastest AA & Hel Ra Times
  • Blackwidow
    Blackwidow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Kemono wrote: »
    Yeah, you overlooked "something" but dont worry cos its not really OBVIOUS on first look

You know he means guild store.

It's obvious English is not his first language. You don't have to be rude.
    Second thing you overlook is: checking in game before creating dumb threads. No, seriously. Go to guild store at once and check about what exactly you complaining

Just rude.
    Third things you overlook: joining some guilds that actually sell things of whatever "normal level" even means

It is a shame that the answer to half the guild store problems is "Join a better guild!"

We should not have to join a guild to use an AH in the first place!
  • mark.markandb16_ESO
    [Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Flaming]
    Edited by ZOS_UlyssesW on 26 May 2014 19:12
  • mark.markandb16_ESO
    Apologies.....The title should be guild store...not bank.
  • Blackwidow
    Blackwidow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Apologies.....The title should be guild store...not bank.

You can go back and edit. There is a black circle on your posts in the upper right hand corner.
  • mark.markandb16_ESO
    Many thanks...I didn't think you could edit the title :)
  • Lox
    Lox
    ✭✭✭
    Have to agree with @Blackwidow last comment. I think your biggest problem is the guilds you are part of!

I am only part of 1 trading guild and that has lots and lots of what I would call 'normal' items (Greens) and they are dirt cheap. White items really aren't worth doing anything with other than deconstructing or vendor trash in my opinion.

Greed is the problem, people expect big profit from low quality items, rather than going for low profit (per item) and just sell more of them.
    Edited by Lox on 26 May 2014 17:52
  • morf87
    morf87
    ✭✭✭
    I agree with the title of the thread but not completely your reasons.
    The guild store itself suits a mmo launched in the early 2000's not 2014, no option to search for a specific item, " to many searches in quick succession" drives me crazy, some items belong in different categories, the delay when u receive an item u purchased, when u hit the "price" filter to select if the cheapest or most expensive item's list first i often have to exit the store and try again and im sure there are many more issues..
    Once again its just another indication of a game where the devs took the easiest/simplest way of doing things and rushed it into launch..
    To address your issues what is needed is a proper auction house. I see no downside to an alliance wide auction, ive seen players argue that the economy of eso will be destroyed if an alliance wide auction house is introduced but it wont.
    I wish there was an alliance wide auction house so players have more chance of finding and buying what they seek(which would also decrease the amount of WTB/WTS in zone chat), tho im sure we wont see one ever due to how the whole @player name/guild/alliance system works.
    Edited by morf87 on 26 May 2014 18:30
  • circilion
    circilion
    ✭✭✭
    Kemono wrote: »

lmao, this was painful to read. It's even worse because he's stretching so ... so far to roast the OP. You must lead a sad life Kemono.
    >:)
  • kundekort
    kundekort
    Soul Shriven
    morf87 wrote: »
    I agree with the title of the thread but not completely your reasons.
    The guild store itself suits a mmo launched in the early 2000's not 2014, no option to search for a specific item, " to many searches in quick succession" drives me crazy, some items belong in different categories, the delay when u receive an item u purchased, when u hit the "price" filter to select if the cheapest or most expensive item's list first i often have to exit the store and try again and im sure there are many more issues..
    Once again its just another indication of a game where the devs took the easiest/simplest way of doing things and rushed it into launch..
    To address your issues what is needed is a proper auction house. I see no downside to an alliance wide auction, ive seen players argue that the economy of eso will be destroyed if an alliance wide auction house is introduced but it wont.
    I wish there was an alliance wide auction house so players have more chance of finding and buying what they seek(which would also decrease the amount of WTB/WTS in zone chat), tho im sure we wont see one ever due to how the whole @player name/guild/alliance system works.
    I second this.

There are just to many half-made things with the whole guild store thingy. I'ts actually easier to use forums or chat to sell things than in the guild store, so why bother? Its an half-way, half-finished product, and is "an arrow to the knee" to those who designed it and in the same time says they dont want an AH.

And since there are rude persons following this thread, im excusing myself for the bad english.
  • indytims_ESO
    indytims_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I see items being sold from the guild store. I know, because I sell stuff myself, and make decent money.

But the worst part is, from reading guild-chat regularly - most people don't bother because the 'functionality' of the guild store is so poor. The interface for the guild store is so draconic.

Before any geniuses tell me, 'There's an add-on for that...', I would submit that such a BASIC feature (like search) should be in the game from the start. TONS of players don't bother with add-ons, don't know about them, don't understand how they work - and I think it's a bit arrogant to expect ALL players to understand them and use them.

I am cool with there being no central AH, but instead, hundreds of smaller ones. I get it. It's cool. It's realistic. It forces a more mercantile atmosphere on the playerbase. But if Zeni is going to do that, they need to at LEAST make the interface for the guild store of significant quality that an add-on isn't required.
  • Censorious
    Censorious
    ✭✭✭✭
    The Guild Store is one of the most disappointing things in the game.

Is slow, clumsy and downright dysfunctional.

When I saw it in the beta I thought - 'That's the first thing they'll spruce up in the release'. After all, the guild store/keep connection looked like a good way to get the PvP fighting over something of value.
    - But it's valueless.
    'Clever' sigs get old real fast - just like this one.
  • aleister
    aleister
    ✭✭✭✭
    Agreed with OP. Guild stores in lieu of a real auction house was s stupid idea that I hope is rectified in the future.
  • Lucifer66
    Lucifer66
    ✭✭
    Guild stores promote the idea that in order to have the best selection of items to buy/sell you would only want to join the largest 5 guilds. Where does that leave the rest of the guilds? I personally am looking for the largest 5 guilds to join for just this reason because it's just stupid not to.

I think it's a bad side effect of this system that should be seriously considered and changed. The reason the game developers have given is that they don't want us to be able to "buy just anything". Well that sounds rather silly because when players realize that it's only worth it to join the 5 largest guilds then you will only have 5 guilds or so with all the items available anyways.

Perhaps I'm giving other players more credit for being able to figure this out than I should, but it occurred to me rather quickly and I'm not saying I'm all that smart. With this in mind I think they might as well have a server wide market/auction house or whatever you want to call it. As long as they don't have a real money auction house, that I would not be in favor of.
    My concern can be measured in micro-give-a-craps.