Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Respecing, Learning, Improving unknown skills... proposition daily training quest

Kyubi_3002b16_ESO
Kyubi_3002b16_ESO
✭✭✭
Elder scroll online possess a limitless number of ability tree one can learn as well as enough skill point to fill out most taste and style however training an ability is time consuming and may at time even be depressing to some ''especially people who wants to learn a move such as reapers mark from the assassination tree yet have long reached veteran 5+ are out of quest and cannot afford to put a low level assassination move in their spell bar just so to learn it because the mob will beat the crap out of them''. You learned of a new patch that will make a skill that used to be totally useless to your build now a must have and you want to have that skill yet must grind 42 rank to gain it thought luck right?

So here I come with an idea I borrowed and adapted from deferent games which is called DAILY TRAINING QUEST. These quest whole purpose in existence will not be to grant character experience but skill experience alone (yup these exist only so to train skill you never had the time to train or didn't believe you would use someday) they should be easy and simple for all character including even the worst build to do (for example you go to the gym and start lifting weight I don't know... make it a faction hero training camp or something maybe like the fighters guild dummy hitting or the mage guild spell crafting tests those academy could actually handle the training quest) .

While these quest will not advance your veteran rank they will allow you to improve in skill tree you have next to no experience with without forcing you to run a whole set of dangerous veteran quest or constant mob AOE farming in a high end veteran public dungeon with bad spell just so you can learn the big high end rank 42 ability. These quest will appear once per day in your level 40 map (Reapers march, The Rift, etc...)

Of course these quest could also give veteran rank im just making a proposition here that would not affect the character leveling rate yet allow the player to expend his learning. It would give 3 time or so the skill experience of a quest but no gold reward or class exp reward for the character itself.
Edited by Kyubi_3002b16_ESO on 26 May 2014 14:09
One bow to darken the sun
One bow to unite the clans
One bow to conquer the world and in darkness drown it...

- Prophecy of the tyranny of the sun
  • temjiu
    temjiu
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think it's a great idea. they could even drop in a few of these in each zone...it's not too hard to think up another reason to do a "kill X and gather Y" quest. It's one thing they are good at. And it would ease the burden of having to grind areas that were challenging before (that you were possible respeccing for in the first place).
  • Kyubi_3002b16_ESO
    Kyubi_3002b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I guess having the ability to learn new spell easyer would definitively help build up our character right
    One bow to darken the sun
    One bow to unite the clans
    One bow to conquer the world and in darkness drown it...

- Prophecy of the tyranny of the sun
  • Catflinger
    Catflinger
    ✭✭✭
    +1