Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Why maint at 3a EDT?

Sakiri
Sakiri
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Did they change maint time again?

I log in, run the prison on an alt, get to Davon's Watch bank and catch the 10 min shutdown.

Not that Im overly bent but thats early.
  • Skjlvald
    Skjlvald
    ✭✭✭
    I think its a hotfix to address issues from the previous patch.
    Ulyn Andrano

VR3 Dark Elf Dragonknight

Ebonheart Pact
  • ThisOnePosts
    ThisOnePosts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe a hotfix to something that required server maintenance. I guess we'll see.
    Edited by ThisOnePosts on 26 May 2014 08:02
  • Rhoric
    Rhoric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It has to be something serious to do both servers one after the other instead of the normal maint times.
  • Sakiri
    Sakiri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Id hope. Its supposed to be Monday morning but Im on the West Coast and seeing server down at midnight made me go "wat".
  • Worstluck
    Worstluck
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe they are just restarting. They've been applying hotfixes since the big patch. Servers could use a restart to get rid of those hard veteran mobs and maybe help with those log in issues.
    Edited by Worstluck on 26 May 2014 08:05
    Worstluck - Breton Nightblade "Some of us refused to bow. We knew the old ways would lead us back to having a kingdom of our own."
    ―Madanach
    Elfluck - Dunmer Dragonknight "When I will walk the earth again, the Faithful among you shall receive your reward: to be set above all other mortals forever. As for the rest: the weak shall be winnowed: the timid shall be cast down: the mighty shall tremble at my feet and pray for pardon."
    ―Mehrunes Dagon
    Deadluck -Imperial Templar "Men are but flesh and blood. They know their doom, but not the hour"
    ―Uriel Septim

Daggerfall Covenant
  • AshleyLee
    AshleyLee
    ✭✭✭
    It was a Maint to fix the hotfix, to fix the patch, that was to fix that other patch.
  • Insanyti
    Insanyti
    ✭✭✭
    It's back up. ;)
  • Rhoric
    Rhoric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The U.S has it's Memorial Day holiday.
  • Sakiri
    Sakiri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What in the 9 hells are you rambling about?

All it said, in 3 languages, was that it was coming down for maintenance.

I asked why, and if they changed the time of regular maintenance again.

I see no ignorance or entitlement, and on top of it, whether or not its a holiday weekend has 0 effect on if Id ask. Im disabled, not working, and a grown damned adult so unlike some people, I have the luxury to stay up all farking night to play should I care to.

Your attitude is uncalled for, and it makes me want to log into my computer to report you for trolling, but since Im already *in* bed, Im not bothering.

TL;DR, your attitude isnt appreciated, kindly vacate my thread if youre not going to be constructive.
  • mzirad_ESO
    mzirad_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Sakiri wrote: »

I log in, run the prison on an alt, get to Davon's Watch bank and catch the 10 min shutdown.

Was wondering the same thing myself. Was looking for a post on this to explain the change.

• Sakiri
    Sakiri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    mzirad_ESO wrote: »

Was wondering the same thing myself. Was looking for a post on this to explain the change.

Searching on my phone is a pain in the butt, as parts of the site dont work right.
  • sylviermoone
    sylviermoone
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I see no ignorance or entitlement, and on top of it, whether or not its a holiday weekend has 0 effect on if Id ask. Im disabled, not working, and a grown damned adult so unlike some people, I have the luxury to stay up all farking night to play should I care to.

Your attitude is uncalled for, and it makes me want to log into my computer to report you for trolling, but since Im already *in* bed, Im not bothering.

TL;DR, your attitude isnt appreciated, kindly vacate my thread if youre not going to be constructive.

Whoa, there. No one had any "attitude". All I read here were possible answers to your question.

The notice said, in 3 languages, that the sever was coming down for a fix, and would be back up in an hour. I am also on the west coast, and I can assure you that I was playing within an hour of arriving home from work at midnight. That notice has been posted for at least the better part of the day. Possibly since Saturday.

I don't know how much more constructive you wanted people to be after your OP. All I see here are people giving you possible reasons. You should say thank you for their insight.

TL; DR: don't be so snippy when people are trying to answer your questions.
    Edited by sylviermoone on 26 May 2014 13:04
    Co-GM, Angry Unicorn Traders: PC/NA
    "Official" Master Merchant Tech Support
    and Differently Geared AF
    @sylviermoone
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm going to save this thread so I can bring it up every time someone says "Why don't they do maintenance at [time]? If they did it at [time], no one would complain!"
    ----
    Murray?
  • crislevin
    crislevin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope they do all the maintenance at 3am, lol
  • Monkeyshoeslive
    Monkeyshoeslive
    ✭✭✭
    I'm going to save this thread so I can bring it up every time someone says "Why don't they do maintenance at [time]? If they did it at [time], no one would complain!"

People will complain about the most inane things.

I'm in Australia, and the downtime always hits in the afternoon or evening. Do I care? No. What I do care about is the fact they are fixing things.
  • Censorious
    Censorious
    ✭✭✭✭
    Do I care? No. What I do care about is the fact they are fixing things.

Ah, no... In fact the gerbil needed a rest.
    'Clever' sigs get old real fast - just like this one.
  • Sakiri
    Sakiri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Whoa, there. No one had any "attitude". All I read here were possible answers to your question.

The notice said, in 3 languages, that the sever was coming down for a fix, and would be back up in an hour. I am also on the west coast, and I can assure you that I was playing within an hour of arriving home from work at midnight. That notice has been posted for at least the better part of the day. Possibly since Saturday.

I don't know how much more constructive you wanted people to be after your OP. All I see here are people giving you possible reasons. You should say thank you for their insight.

TL; DR: don't be so snippy when people are trying to answer your questions.

Idk about you but Id been in game, and not on the forums, the better part of the day.

My launcher runs... once. In the morning. Only notice *I* got was the in game one. I had just spent the better part of half an hour making an alt. Get in game, catch the German part of the 10 minute notice.

And I keep my chat window closed most of the time anymore. I saw no complaining in zone.

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Flaming]
    Edited by ZOS_UlyssesW on 26 May 2014 18:54
  • sylviermoone
    sylviermoone
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^^ Huh? I'm confused. I don't understand how you get "waaa I'm a whiny American" out of what I wrote at all. I didn't say anything about it being a holiday, nor did I say anything about being mad about the server downtime.

I merely stated that the news that the server would be down was posted for at least a day in advance, and that perhaps the original reply to people trying to answer your question was....well a bit rude, to put it mildly.

But, whatever. I see no point in arguing further regarding who said what here. The reality is plain to anyone with any sort of reading comprehension skills.

Good day.

*edited for typo
    Edited by sylviermoone on 26 May 2014 18:39
    Co-GM, Angry Unicorn Traders: PC/NA
    "Official" Master Merchant Tech Support
    and Differently Geared AF
    @sylviermoone