Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

NPC auto adjusting levels

KrisFahring
KrisFahring
✭✭
I took my level 49 DPS into Splintergultch and wanted to see if I could smash some faces and see if I had gotten the skill point for this place when I was at its level 12-19. It still took me 3 hits to kill anything...

Why on earth would it take a level 49 player 3 hits to kill something level 12? I should be able to walk into the place and own everything in there. I know I won't get loot but the skill point is what I am looking for. You know the one you get for completing the quest inside the instance?

I checked the party system and was unable to see any of the instance below my level range. Am I not able to get those skill points anymore? Are they seriously lost forever to me? If so you need to fix this so that people who did move forward without hitting every single quest in every single area are not penalized for it.

I stopped to smell the roses and took my time going through the quest lines but what I didn't do was enter each instance.
  • WhimsyDragon
    WhimsyDragon
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah I didn't do the group dungeons as I leveled up and figured I could just solo em later to avoid completionist frustration... wow yeah no. It was too difficult, even as a Veteran. I have no idea if they scale up, despite still saying they are low level, or what. It was very odd and disappointing because I'm not going to be able to find groups after gaining too many levels.
    Edited by WhimsyDragon on 22 March 2018 03:54
  • Vandril
    Vandril
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mob health REALLY doesn't go up that much between levels 10 and 50, and your damage is only getting better at a SLIGHTLY higher rate than that. I don't believe they're scaling up at all, the power gains from leveling is just far smaller than you imagine.

This is design intent. Design intent that I agree with, no less.

A thought: can you just do the veteran version of the dungeon to get the skill point? IS there a veteran version of dungeons for your 1-50 faction zones?
    Edited by Vandril on 26 May 2014 07:06
  • Monkeyshoeslive
    Monkeyshoeslive
    ✭✭✭
    I too enjoy the feeling of god like power. when you were in Spindleclutch, did you encounter any difficulty in there?

If you were still able to clear it, then i'd say it was just a minor issue, but if you still had issues at 49, something needs to be done
  • WhimsyDragon
    WhimsyDragon
    ✭✭✭
    Vandril wrote: »
    A thought: can you just do the veteran version of the dungeon to get the skill point? IS there a veteran version of dungeons for your 1-50 faction zones?
    I tried exploring this option and couldn't find the ability to do so. Either I'm doing it wrong or this is something for the wishlist that I hope they consider adding.

• snowmanflvb14_ESO
    snowmanflvb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    you can do the vet version and also the non vet version of the dungeons to get the points. The reason you can not see the lower lvl dungeons in the party system is becasue you can not use it to group for dungeons you have out leveled. Once you have hit v1 if you want to go back to do the none vet version of a dungeon make sure you are set to do the normal and not vet versions ( the icon for this is in the party menue near the top just click the non vet icon.
    Magic is impressive but now Minsc leads SWORDS FOR EVERYONE!!
  • KrisFahring
    KrisFahring
    ✭✭
    The first boss almost killed me. I was experiencing a huge amount of lag though. I don't have lag normally so that could have been part of it. once the boss was dead I DC'd. I couldn't log back into my account until my character lagged out of the instance zone.

When I was able to log back in I was outside the instance and I was added to a group from a random invitation from a few of the people standing at the entrance. I was not able to solo the content because the mobs were hitting me just as hard as they did when I was level 15. I had more health but my higher level gear and enchantments and weapon damage made no difference what so ever.

I will try to do what Snowmanflvb14 suggested and see if that allows me to get to the instances I am not able to run too.
  • Reenlister
    Reenlister
    ✭✭✭
    Oh yeah, yer gonna see ye can head over to the dungeons under yer level. But yer still not gonna be able to clean house. I went with a group o guildies in the Spindle when I was V1 and they but down in the teens, bosses still hit hard, snare ye, and your puny weapons don't hit so hard. Now I is a sword swinger so my weapon still is just a wooden stick no matter what in this here world.
    Only magiky types need try and kill things it seems more and more.
  • KrisFahring
    KrisFahring
    ✭✭
    I am a melee person as well nerf magic or buff physical damage output. Or option C do nothing until people stop playing.
  • Reenlister
    Reenlister
    ✭✭✭
    I am a melee person as well nerf magic or buff physical damage output. Or option C do nothing until people stop playing.

Aye, here is what we expect to be..

Courageous-knight.jpg

but here is what we be now..

little-adventures-child-sword-and-shield-set.jpg
  • kimboh
    kimboh
    ✭✭✭✭
    I had no problem soloing the first tier of dungs at 49 (in fact my familiars took down one boss whilst I was stuck in a wall) but the second tier was a different story.
    <l Cygnus X|VR14|Sorc l>
    <| Romulus Prime|VR12|Temp |>
    <| Qwoptus |lvl30|DK|>
    <| DC|EU |>
  • zhevon
    zhevon
    ✭✭✭✭
    Reenlister wrote: »

Courageous-knight.jpg

Can't decide if should be awesome, insightful or LOL!

Thumbs up!
    Edited by zhevon on 27 May 2014 01:56
  • KrisFahring
    KrisFahring
    ✭✭
    kimboh wrote: »
    I had no problem soloing the first tier of dungs at 49 (in fact my familiars took down one boss whilst I was stuck in a wall) but the second tier was a different story.

So you are a melee mage? We are talking about melee not stupid.

• Reenlister
    Reenlister
    ✭✭✭
    zhevon wrote: »
    Reenlister wrote: »

Courageous-knight.jpg

Can't decide if should be awesome, insightful or LOL!

Thumbs up!

Thank ye..
    Lets go have that ale yon lad keeps offering up..