Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Nightblade Hate from Developers

ipkonfigcub18_ESO
ipkonfigcub18_ESO
✭✭✭
This has always bothered me about the Nightblades and their armor:

We have to farm Mobs to make our gear.
  • Heavy - Smack a node, guaranteed mat drop
  • Cloth - Loot a plant, guaranteed mat drop
  • Medium - Kill animals that drop it, NOT a guaranteed drop

With all of the issues this class has, you really have to ask: DID ANYONE at Zenimax actually think this class out thoroughly at all?!
  • Mablung
    Mablung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ipkonfig...why does that name sound so familiar? Are you the guy that everyone used to scream at in the World of Warcraft BGs?
  • Ser Lobo
    Ser Lobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll be honest, hide is the hardest mat to gather in my opinion. Don't think it's as absurd ad NB hate, though. Just something that seemed like a good idea at the time.
    Ruze Aulus. Mayor of Dhalmora. Archer, hunter, assassin. Nightblade.
    Gral. Mountain Terror. Barbarian, marauder, murderer. Nightblade.
    Na'Djin. Knight-Blade. Knight, vanguard, defender. Nightblade.

XBOX NA
    Ruze is a veteran of the PC Beta, lived through the year one drought, survived the buy-to-play conversion, and has stepped foot in the hells known as Craglorn. He mained a nightlbade when nightblades weren't good, and has never worn a robe. He converted from PC during the console betas, and hasn't regretted it a moment since.

He'd rank ESO:TU (in it's current state) a 4.8 out of 5, loving the game almost entirely.

This is an multiplayer game. I should be able to log in, join a dungeon, join a battleground, queue for a dolmen or world boss or delve, teleport in, play for 20 minutes, and not worry about getting kicked, failing to join, having perfect voice coms, or being unable to complete content because someone's lagging behind. Group Finder and matchmaking is broken. Take a note from Destiny and build a system that allows from drop-in/drop-out functionality and quick play.
  • bg22
    bg22
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dude, it's obvious the Devs do not, nor do they plan to ever play melee. It's ridiculous the one-sidedness of this game when it comes to things like this.

I'm TRYING so hard to hang onto hope... But the more they do *** like fix vampire passives before fixing nightblade passives, just makes it incredibly hard.

Like NB stealth bugging over their OWN DoT's they've placed on players/mobs. If that was something that effected bolt escape, it would have been fixed weeks ago, as soon as it was discovered.

Get your head out of your ass Zenimage.

• ipkonfigcub18_ESO
    ipkonfigcub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I'll be honest, hide is the hardest mat to gather in my opinion. Don't think it's as absurd ad NB hate, though. Just something that seemed like a good idea at the time.

I'm being sarcastic on the NB comment, but you must admit it's quite fitting
  • Ser Lobo
    Ser Lobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm being sarcastic on the NB comment, but you must admit it's quite fitting

Looks like somebody thought you were serious, though, hehehe ...
    Ruze Aulus. Mayor of Dhalmora. Archer, hunter, assassin. Nightblade.
    Gral. Mountain Terror. Barbarian, marauder, murderer. Nightblade.
    Na'Djin. Knight-Blade. Knight, vanguard, defender. Nightblade.

XBOX NA
    Ruze is a veteran of the PC Beta, lived through the year one drought, survived the buy-to-play conversion, and has stepped foot in the hells known as Craglorn. He mained a nightlbade when nightblades weren't good, and has never worn a robe. He converted from PC during the console betas, and hasn't regretted it a moment since.

He'd rank ESO:TU (in it's current state) a 4.8 out of 5, loving the game almost entirely.

This is an multiplayer game. I should be able to log in, join a dungeon, join a battleground, queue for a dolmen or world boss or delve, teleport in, play for 20 minutes, and not worry about getting kicked, failing to join, having perfect voice coms, or being unable to complete content because someone's lagging behind. Group Finder and matchmaking is broken. Take a note from Destiny and build a system that allows from drop-in/drop-out functionality and quick play.
  • Bromburak
    Bromburak
    ✭✭✭✭✭

With all of the issues this class has, you really have to ask: DID ANYONE at Zenimax actually think this class out thoroughly at all?!

No one cares if you are playing NB with medium armor.

Replace "Nightblades" with "all classes" that are going with medium armor and we have a valid point.

• Quaesivi
    Quaesivi
    ✭✭✭
    Not just NB with medium armor, any class that decides to go melee, who also happens to wear medium armor, they are the ones royally... -done the thing with the screwdriver- (just so it wouldn't be a language issue).
  • Harakh
    Harakh
    ✭✭✭
    It is not a NB problem it is a Medium Armor problem so it is ok cause you can farm it in one Place better as Flowers or Clothing materials.
    Die Welt in einem Sandkorn sehen
    Und den Himmel in einer wilden Blume;
    Die Unendlichkeit in der Handfläche halten
    Und die Ewigkeit in einer Stunde.
  • 6point6b16_ESO
    6point6b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    lololol. If it is so hard to get leather, why do i have 3 times the leather and clothing tempers than any other mat?
  • PBpsy
    PBpsy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Nightblades in medium armor that is so week 6 after release.
    Edited by PBpsy on 26 May 2014 07:38
    ESO forums achievements
    Proud fanboi
    Elitist jerk
    Troll
    Hater
    Fan of icontested(rainbow colors granted)
  • Spiritreaver_ESO
    Spiritreaver_ESO
    ✭✭✭

1) Find a body of water(river, lake, pond, etc).
    2) Kill the mudcrabs
    3) There you go.

And if you kill level appropriate mudcrabs, you get a bit of exp as well.

Personally, as of late i've actually found farming medium armor mats easier than getting mats from nodes as there are mudcrabs everywhere. Also, leave the beaten path. Other mobs that drop med armor mats are usually up all the time just waiting to be killed, varies by zone-but there will always be some somewhere.
  • ZurinArctus
    ZurinArctus
    ✭✭✭

2) Kill the mudcrabs
    3) There you go.

Personally, as of late i've actually found farming medium armor mats easier than getting mats from nodes as there are mudcrabs everywhere. Also, leave the beaten path. Other mobs that drop med armor mats are usually up all the time just waiting to be killed, varies by zone-but there will always be some somewhere.

Exactly.

Instead of having to run routes from node to node, you find a spawn of mudcrabs and farm those. Case closed.

Nice having to move 10m area as opposed to victory laps in competition with bots and other players.
  • ipkonfigcub18_ESO
    ipkonfigcub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭

2) Kill the mudcrabs
    3) There you go.

True, I do this, a lot. And yes you can get a good amount of mats. I'm only saying that it is not a 100% drop rate - still it's probably faster than Cloth mats.

Heavy armor, however, super easy to farm mats.

Guys I didn't make this thread for hate towards Zenimax, I was just pointing out a clueless point, it was a big sarcasm post. (was up late and bored)
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I think it's the easiest to collect, especially when there are bots around.

I found a dungeon full of snakes which was abused by bots farming it for leather. I equipped a resto staff and healed them, getting my share of the drop & xp without having to fight a single snake :wink:
    EU | PC | AD
  • SilverWF
    SilverWF
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nobody farming Hide. It all can be got from deconstruct tons of gears what will you always have.
    • PC EU. Ebonheart Pact. CP 1k+
    • YouTube: All ESO disguises (2014)
    • EU players are humans too! We want our maintenances in the least pop time (at deep night) and not lasted for several hours!
    • Animation canceR - is true PvP cancer! When you can't see which actions your opponent do - you can't react properly on them!
  • FegefeueR
    FegefeueR
    ✭✭
    Zenimax doesn't like Melee at all.
  • Bromburak
    Bromburak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not true, but they don't like damage that is based on stamina skills.