Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

I'm just getting tired of the small stuff....

twev
twev
✭✭✭✭✭
No, it's not an extensive or complete list, it's just the last couple things I ran into in the last hour or so before I gave up for the night. I understand and accept that most of you don't/won't care, but it bugs me anyway.

1.) I keep getting my 'toons stuck in the scenery. Why do I have to pay 84 gold to type /stuck and transport out because the scenery doesn't line up? 3 times this afternoon alone.

2.) I understand making reach a little shorter, so it's not stupidly possible to open crates from across the room, but now I have to maneuver thru/between all the obstacles and stuff in a room to try to find the window on the item that I can even interact with. The stuff I have to maneuver around has a bigger collision footprint than can be seen so it's annoying to thread thru, and the window to access an item is smaller than the item itself. I have to focus on the bottom 1/3 of a sack, near the floor, of a sliver of a crate, or the access wont trigger.
Is that supposed to make up for the crates or furniture being empty when I do get access and open it?

3.) With the shorter reach, some stuff is now out of reach. It's too high, and I get to spend my time leaping onto furniture to stand on a bookcase to access the sacks on top of it. Yeah, that's immersive.

4. Now chests are greyed out. They're in front of me. I can walk up to it, but the 'open with' dialogue is greyed out? ::sigh:: the last hour of wandering around Grahtwood, and I have 8 of 8 just like that. /reloadui makes no difference.

It's just the little things that incrementally siphon the fun out of just relaxing with the game.

I'm not the smartest guy in the room, but I do welcome comment, whether pro or con.

Good hunting to all.
The problem with society these days is that no one drinks from the skulls of their enemies anymore.
  • JosephChip
    JosephChip
    ✭✭✭
    These are the issues that upset you the most? Wow, they are... negligible to say the least. Have you checked if you actually have lockpicks in your inventory before trying to open a chest?
  • zhevon
    zhevon
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have gotten a little ticked off at stuff being out of reach and generally harder to target myself. In in a particularly grumpy mood yesterday I submitted feedback on the subject.
  • twev
    twev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nope, not the 'most', just the last in. Negligible, sure, but cumulative, too.

I have a lifetime supply of lockpicks at this point. 3 'toons that wander in the world, each with almost 100 most of the time, and several hundred more in reserve on my storage 'toons. I always manage to horde more than I break. Besides, the 'simple' chests lately have been showing the option to force the lock at 100%. I never noticed it before today.
    The problem with society these days is that no one drinks from the skulls of their enemies anymore.
  • FrauPerchta
    FrauPerchta
    ✭✭✭
    I am 100% in agreement. Makes for very annoying play sessions since I loot everything.

Speaking of getting stuck some of my characters are now getting stuck going through doors. If I jump 4 or 5 times I break free. Its like Wylie Coyote is the lead programmer.
  • zhevon
    zhevon
    ✭✭✭✭
    Speaking of getting stuck some of my characters are now getting stuck going through doors. If I jump 4 or 5 times I break free. Its like Wylie Coyote is the lead programmer.
    Yep thats happeneing to me too - its very odd I have to jump to get free of the door.

• kaosodin
    kaosodin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lol @ the wylie coyote com.ent, muhahaha
  • FrauPerchta
    FrauPerchta
    ✭✭✭
    My Orc keeps thinking his butt is getting too big for doorways