Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

This is absurd.

SG_Celerrimus
SG_Celerrimus
✭✭✭✭✭
ZOS going out of their way to force people to group up for Craglorn content and going out of there way so that simply completing a quest requires for people is absurd. I am in a group with 2 other people, we worked hard and got to the final stage of a quest, but in order to hand in said quest, we need a fourth person, and we cannot find one who wants to do the quest. This is a bit ridiculous... plus, my game crashed while I was typing this -_-
  • SG_Celerrimus
    SG_Celerrimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This why people are farming dungeons instead of questing.
  • ZiRM
    ZiRM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is stupendously Absurdly wrong.
    Want to become Vampire? 5k @ZiRM in game.
    ESO Server Status. ( ^_^)o自自o(^_^ ) SkåL!!!!!
  • Zaxq
    Zaxq
    ✭✭✭

Were.

They nerfed that now too.
  • SG_Celerrimus
    SG_Celerrimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, with questions being pas question because of the 4 person requirement and I cannot find 3 other people, and with dungeons being nerfed down now, how does one go from v11 to v12?
  • KitLightning
    KitLightning
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm up for questing, currently I don't have heads or tails in which I have done or not ...
    "I'd rather be insane in a sane world, than sane in an insane world!" ~Me
    Warning - This is a spoiler and looking at it for too long may cause irrecoverable eyesight issues.
    ◔̯◔

MechWarrior: Living Legends – Total conversion modification for Crysis Wars.

kitlightning.deviantart
  • YstradClud
    YstradClud
    ✭✭✭✭
    I gave up looking for questing groups in there for now most people have just teleported there and don't even have the starter quest anyway. It's just full of farming groups. Unless you get a group of mates all on the same stage of the quests its just frustrating.
  • Locke_ESO
    Locke_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    There is I believe one tough quest (Shada's) that requires a full group to complete it over about an hours duration. Personally I found that quest to be very fun as for once it was a fairly challenging piece of content.

Everything else can be done extremely easily with pickups or even duo/trio.
    Edited by Locke_ESO on 26 May 2014 03:09
  • Emohsnevar
    Emohsnevar
    ✭✭
    Craglorn is an Adventure zone MEANT to be group content! Facepalming the OP right now.
  • Jade_Knightblazerb14_ESO
    Emohsnevar wrote: »
    Craglorn is an Adventure zone MEANT to be group content! Facepalming the OP right now.

Correct. People wanted RAIDS. guess what we got a 4 player PVE Zone with 12 Player Timed Trails. I myself have been looking for content like this.

There is tons of solo game play in this MMO, even V1-10 of it (people complain about this too... "its so boring" shhh...)

Make Friends, Use your guild. Enjoy ESO style of group content.
  • Fuzzylumpkins
    Fuzzylumpkins
    ✭✭✭✭
    Petrol prices, tax on trying to make a living just enough to make ends meet while billion dollar companies pay nothing in, poor grammar. These are things that are absurd.

Your issue in this post, simply addresses the point of MMO multi player games. Check into some single player games.
  • YstradClud
    YstradClud
    ✭✭✭✭
    It would be fine to do with pick ups if they actually had the quests and were the right level to do them. The whole zone is mostly full of low vr players looking for a carry.
  • frwinters_ESO
    frwinters_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I do not get why this is wrong. All MMO's have content that requires you to group. This is nothing new. they TOLD US this would be group content ranging from 4 people to 12 people. We knew it coming in.
  • Drazhar14
    Drazhar14
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seriously? If you have less than 4 people in your group you can't turn in quests? So, if you take on a more challenging experience and play with only 2 or 3 people in a group, instead of something like better rewards, you get nothing at all? Well, hopefully by the time I get around to playing Craglorn, this nonsense is fixed.
  • LIQUID741
    LIQUID741
    ✭✭✭
    Hmm, forced grouping is fine..but how about a great grouping tool interface with incentive to use?! Now that is absurd.

Solid-Nightblade of AD
  • aleister
    aleister
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just hit VR and I'm finding it difficult to get into a group that wants to do anything other than AOE grind the same mobs over and over. There definitely needs to be more incentive for people to group for the purpose of playing the actual game.
    Edited by aleister on 27 May 2014 20:47
  • Blackwidow
    Blackwidow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Zaxq wrote: »

Were.

They nerfed that now too.

People are farming. A lot.
  • navystylz_ESO
    navystylz_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Emohsnevar wrote: »

Don't think the issues is having to group, but not being able to turn in a quest because the game arbitrarily says you need 4 to hand it in. That kind of number check should be on the content, not turning it in.
  • Selstad
    Selstad
    ✭✭✭✭
    Craglorn looked good on paper, I was optimistic about it. Turned out however that forcing people to group up isn't the right way to go.

This is a breakdown of my day today, playing Elder Scrolls online:

Stood in the city, going "Healer LF Group" in every odd combination imaginable
    Waited
    Tried again with the odd combination of "healer LF group"
    Waited
    30 mins of said attempt, gave up, took a small break and a breath of fresh air
    Came back
    Stood in the city, going "Healer LF Group" in every odd combination imaginable
    Waited
    After 15 mins I found a group for trials farming, 1st boss. Better than nothing. After an hour though, grew very bored (I've never been too fond of grinding).
    So I decided to try myself on finding a questing group
    Gave up after 2 hours, and here I am.

What do I have to show for? 10% of XP and a backside that kills me. And I spent around 5 hours in total online today in total that I don't bother write up because it goes pretty much the same; stand in a city and go looking for people.

I want to explore Craglorn and I want to see the quest line, I want to experience the story, but for some reason I'm not allowed to do that. I have to grind because finding a group to quest with is impossible. I have yet to find a good guild, so all I have are trade guilds. I have another friend that plays ESO, but 2 people isn't enough. We can clear the trash on most dungeons, but we're not even close to killing any bosses on our own. Yesterday we simply left the game and went to play Diablo 3.

So good attempt, nice trying Zenimax, but I think you need to scrap the whole idea of forcing people to group up, as well as having things tuned so it's impossible for anyone but 4 people to do.

What I can't understand is why they didn't cut it in the middle here. Have the quest area tuned so you can go alone or with a friend, doing the questing area and do the quests. Then leave the trials and dungeons as group content. Instead you put all your eggs in one basket, and then someone dropped said basket. I don't need to tell you what a mess there is on the floor now, but it's whole worse mess cleaning up broken eggs.
  • Sturmwaffel
    Sturmwaffel
    ✭✭✭
    Wait, I thought Craglorn was supposed to be group content. Ahh.. Memories. This brings me back to the old days of FFXI.