Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Why are bosses immune to "bleed" effects?

bg22
bg22
✭✭✭✭✭
This literally makes no sense what so ever.

• nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They are?

Are you sure that they aren't immune to a stun/snare type ability that's attached to your bleed attack?
    ----
    Murray?
  • bg22
    bg22
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Positive. Use a axe, or "twin slashes" on a group boss and it'll specifically read that the target is immune to bleed effects. These are the same bosses that are immune to CC's, which is understandable. But bleed effects? That makes no sense...

"Nobody makes me bleed my own blood."
  • pknecron
    pknecron
    ✭✭✭
    It wasn't an undead? Many of them are immune to bleeds by default.
  • bg22
    bg22
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @pknecron‌ I'm not sure. Possibly. I'll have to check when I next log on. If only undead are immune to bleeds, that would make sense.
  • ace20000eb17_ESO
    ace20000eb17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Bosses are not immune to bleed effects unless they belong on the group of mobs that are naturally immune to them like undead (skeletons, ghosts, etc.)
  • bg22
    bg22
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bosses are not immune to bleed effects unless they belong on the group of mobs that are naturally immune to them like undead (skeletons, ghosts, etc.)

Okay, that would make sense. Just noticed this since this is the first time I've PvE'd since I've started using dual-wield primarily.
  • Natjur
    Natjur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anywhere a list of mob types and their immune list?
    Eg Undead immune to bleed and disease damage
    Giants immune to stun.

Is there like a list somewhere?
  • pknecron
    pknecron
    ✭✭✭
    Natjur wrote: »
    Anywhere a list of mob types and their immune list?
    Eg Undead immune to bleed and disease damage
    Giants immune to stun.

Is there like a list somewhere?

Not all undead are immune to bleed; zombies are not. Rule of thumb: Wet undead bleed, dry ones do not.

• Natjur
    Natjur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pknecron wrote: »
    Not all undead are immune to bleed; zombies are not. Rule of thumb: Wet undead bleed, dry ones do not.
    So instead of an undead flag, maybe its a wet/dry flag :)
    Just wondering if there was a list somewhere of 'types' so we know what damage effect different types of mobs
  • GrimCyclone
    GrimCyclone
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bg22 wrote: »
    Why are bosses immune to "bleed" effects?

Because of neckbeard logic.