Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Critter in the crosshairs, players die...

dpgirl
dpgirl
✭✭
Why did they make it in 1.1.2 so most healing spells are disabled if a critter is in the crosshairs? These heals don't even affect whatever is targeted... This means I cannot cast auto-targeted heals that only affect nearby players simply because a critter happens to be in front of me... then players die because I pound some heals and they don't work... even though that stupid critter was never even supposed to be affected, and wouldn't be. Worked just fine before 1.1.2.

Now if all of a sudden my heals don't work, i try to quickly point my camera straight up into the air so I cannot see anything, but at least I'm not targeting any critter and my powers work again. Its extremely annoying, and no way could they consider this to help or prevent anything, it must be an unintended part of other critter fixes... a bug that needs to be fixed.
  • Innocente
    Innocente
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, they screwed the pooch on this one. These devs don't play, they don't test, they don't think. They just don't get it.
  • dpgirl
    dpgirl
    ✭✭
    If they want spells that affect your target to be disabled on a critter, I can sort of see why... but they need to fix it so spells, like heals, which do NOT work off your target, and your target doesn't matter at all to how the spell works, do not get disabled.