Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

DK bash was OP as hell and it's good it's nerfed. But...

Findécano
I think the whole class was wrong since the begining, I'm a DK and a class shouldn't depend on 1 exploit to go solo. Yes, by all means the shield bash had to be nerfed, it was way too powerful, but without shield bash the DK with 1H is simply useless in soloing. I mean that the class was wrong from the very begining, it just happened that we had a bash that saved our ass, now that we haven't we get killed.I do NOT want shield bash to do more damage, i just want to actually use 1H without dying if i take 3 enemys. A simple skill NOT OP that allows me to do damage with the 1H, a simple buff skill that gives my 1H a little more damage or maybe more defense i dont know. I talk only about DK because i'm DK.
Also, excuse my english. I know it's bad :smile:
Edited by Findécano on 25 May 2014 13:12
  • Monkeyshoeslive
    Monkeyshoeslive
    ✭✭✭
    Oh look, another of these. Yawn
  • Alpha_Protocol
    Alpha_Protocol
    ✭✭✭
    What level are you?
  • Findécano
    You cried when bash was OP. Let me cry now that DK does not do any damage in soloing. :)!!!!!!
  • zgrssd
    zgrssd
    ✭✭✭✭
    Findécano wrote: »
    [...]i just want to actually use 1H without dying if i take 3 enemys.
    Engaging a group of 3 enemies and not expectig a serious fight and possible death, that is your mistake.
    That is all there is to say about that.
    Elana Peterson (EU), Dominion, Imperial Sorc, Rune & Alchemy Crafting Char
    Leonida Peterson (EU), Daggerfall, Kajiit Nightblade, Tank & main Crafter
    Kurga Peterson (EU), Ebonhart, Ork Dragonknight, Provision Mule
    Coldblood Peterson (EU) Argonian Templer, Daggerfall, Healer
    Incendia Peterson (EU), Dominion, Dunmer Dragonknight, fire DPS & healer
    Haldor Belendor (EU), Ebonhart, Breton Sorcerer, Tank
    Fuliminictus Peterson (EU), Ebonhart, Altmer Sorcerer, Electric DPS

Me babbling about PvE roles and Armor, Short Guide to Addon Programming (for Programmers)

If you think anything I or somebody else said violates the Rules of this Forum, you are free to flag my posts. Till I get any notifcaion from this, I just asume you know you have no case against me or Zenimax disagrees with you.
  • Findécano
    What level are you?
    V3.
  • Indarqeen
    Indarqeen
    ✭✭
    you are wrong Findécano "sorry"
  • Monkeyshoeslive
    Monkeyshoeslive
    ✭✭✭
    You cried when bash was OP. Let me cry now that DK does not do any damage in soloing. :)!!!!!!

I did no such thing. My fire mage/s&b DK still melts and smashes faces with ease.
  • Findécano
    zgrssd wrote: »
    [...]i just want to actually use 1H without dying if i take 3 enemys.
    Engaging a group of 3 enemies and not expectig a serious fight and possible death, that is your mistake.
    That is all there is to say about that.

I never said that i don't expect a serious fight. I simply die all the times! :) its like i have no chance doing damage only with 1H, i can solo very nice with 2H though.

No, it's not a "You just simply play bad", "Oh, you're not hardcore HUEHEU"

• dennissomb16_ESO
    dennissomb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Part I can never understand is the "DK" comment all the time when it comes to bash. Bash can be done by any character. I saw bash being used by every class everywhere I went. Personally as a DK I actually only used Power bash, and that to control mobs, while I use my other abilities to kill mobs
  • Findécano
    Part I can never understand is the "DK" comment all the time when it comes to bash. Bash can be done by any character. I saw bash being used by every class everywhere I went. Personally as a DK I actually only used Power bash, and that to control mobs, while I use my other abilities to kill mobs
    But it was the only thing that helped a tank DK to do more damage. It helped way too much, it was OP, i just want to do more damage than now, that is useless with 1H.

Personally as a DK I actually only used Power bash, and that to control mobs, while I use my other abilities to kill mobs

Before the patch.

Edited by Findécano on 25 May 2014 13:30
  • Talketzanto
    Talketzanto
    ✭✭✭
    Guess im glad I play a NB....1h and shield is great for the CC and we have lots of damage skills to make up for the lack of it with this weapon set....
  • dennissomb16_ESO
    dennissomb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But it was the only thing that helped a tank DK to do more damage. It helped way too much, it was OP, i just want to do more damage than now, that is useless with 1H.

Personally as a DK I actually only used Power bash, and that to control mobs, while I use my other abilities to kill mobs

Before the patch.

Nothing has changed for me. I still use power bash to control mobs and use all my other abilities to kill mobs. The one thing that did change was the long animation to power bash now that causes me some issues. For me at least I never used bash as dps, only as interrupt. I still don't get why people somehow think that tank DKs had no dps except bash. Between my 2 bars I use 2 shield abilities. Charge for the knockdown/get to fight, and power bash for control. Every other ability is DK abilities for dps, control, survival. On an actual boss I of course would add the taunt
    Edited by dennissomb16_ESO on 25 May 2014 15:50