Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Billy No Mates

GrimMauKin
GrimMauKin
✭✭✭✭
ESO is my first MMO and I've been playing very much in solo Skyrim mode. I'm level 41 and haven't done a public dungeon or joined a player guild; I think I need to be a bit more gregarious.

I'm also starting to see chat requests for pieces of equipment I've picked up. I'm clearly missing a big part of what MMOs are all about. Any quick guides to player guilds (how to join) and chatting for a newbie MMOer?
I am one of The Great Mediocracy, those whose role in life is to provide the baseline by which The Few deem themselves Great.
  • Diaboli
    Diaboli
    ✭✭✭
    I jump from guild to guild. The big guilds kinda suck unless you're vet rank, I suggest joining whoever is taking on members until you find the right fit. The last few I joined had really strict policies, which I could care less about.

I also shout out in zone to get other people to do the regular dungeons with me, and add everyone that doesn't die a million times. After a few weeks of just adding anyone, I managed to get enough people together than I can get a small party together most of the time. Also it's about finding people that play within your hours. I was thinking of getting a casual guild going, but I hate any sort of leadership role.

You can also add me if you like! I haven't been logging in as much because of my kids. Little jerks are always bothering me for food and clean clothes... I kid, I kid.

@fatherstuperior
    If I throw a dog a bone, I don't care to know how it tastes... - Brick Top
  • Sue_D_Nim
    Sue_D_Nim
    ✭✭✭
    When you see somebody in chat wanting to buy something you have for sale, you can right-click on that person's name in the chat window, then choose "whisper." The chat window will change to show the person's name next to the place where you type, indicating that you're now in a private one-on-one conversation. Now type what you want to say to him.

Once you've concluded your business, simply type /z into the chat window and you'll notice that you've been returned to the zone chat channel.
    "If danger doesn't find her, she'll seek it out and invite it home to dinner." ~ Prince Naemon
    "Such despair! Richer than a cheese sorbet!" ~ Sheogorath
  • GrimMauKin
    GrimMauKin
    ✭✭✭✭
    That's great, thanks.
    I am one of The Great Mediocracy, those whose role in life is to provide the baseline by which The Few deem themselves Great.