Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

For all you cry babies whining about shield bash.

taylorwilenskiub17_ESO
It was too OP and needed to be nerfed. While I disagree with shield bash's base damage from almost 220 down to 80 or 80 damage, I agree with the other nerfs (i.e., jewelry stacking and increased down-time between bash's).

For all of you complaining about not having good DPS with sword and board I have one thing to say to you:

S&B is NOT meant to be a DPS weapon, it is meant for tanking and damage mitigation. If your attack relied solely on shield bashing for damage then you need to re-evaluate your play style and gain some skill.

As a DK who mained in S&B for tanking, this nerf has also hurt my ability to dish out damage with shield bash. What did I do? I changed my skill bar and made it work.

This is an evolving game and things will continue to change. Instead of crying about how you can't do what you used to do, try something else and make it work.

People are whining that they can't handle mobs of 4-6 NPS...well news flash, you shouldn't be able to.

If you want a cake walk game, go back to playing WoW.
  • tilolyen_ESO
    tilolyen_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    IBL
  • Reenlister
    Reenlister
    ✭✭✭
    Aye, many a man did I slay with a follow up blow from my shield. Spent many an eve with my ale and listening to the cries of theirs women.
    Now someone has took my shield, and ataken the sharp bladed edge, and the spike I kept protruding from its front, and filed it all down..
    So I take my sword, and I jabs my enemies real hard, and swing like no tomorrow after I bang 'em upside the head when they try that magiky stuff against me.
    Aye, its not as pleasant nor as quick as the shield grating their innards, but when they lie at my feet after a bit more battle, their still good and dead.
  • ZOS_CatK
    ZOS_CatK
    ✭✭✭
    Greetings everyone!

We have closed this thread because it is neither constructive nor in adherence to our Code Of Conduct While it is perfectly fine to disagree with each other, we would ask you to do so politely and constructively.

Thank you!
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.