Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Please and Thank You go a long way....

tilolyen_ESO
tilolyen_ESO
✭✭✭
Maybe it's me or as I am getting older I am getting more cranky, but the lack of common courtesy is astonishing in the game. Yes yes I know I will get the "What do you expect in an online video game" but that is hardly an excuse to be a tool. I cannot tell you the number of times I have went OUT OF MY WAY to help another player finish a quest, group up with them to kill a world boss or simply come to the rescue of them when they are over their head in a fight and about to die, only for them to run off and not say squat to me. I am the type of player that will make a concerted effort to help somebody having "issue" but I am starting to become soured to the idea as time goes on.
/rant off
  • tanthil
    tanthil
    ✭✭✭
    [Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Trolling & Baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_ShannonM on 25 May 2014 01:34
  • tilolyen_ESO
    tilolyen_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    [Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Trolling & Baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_ShannonM on 25 May 2014 01:36
  • michaelpatrickjonesnub18_ESO
    I noticed at Veteran levels other players 'get it'.

Sure, they would still occasionally run past me if I was dying, or grab the node beside me as I was fighting the enemy. But there aren't nearly as many selfish people in the Veteran levels as there are in the Sesame Street levels.
    Edited by michaelpatrickjonesnub18_ESO on 25 May 2014 01:17
  • Blackwidow
    Blackwidow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    For the most part people have been very nice in game.

I have really only come across one mean or rude person.

You have to remember, there are a lot of kids playing and they are not all raised as well as others, sadly.

*cough* @tanthil *cough*
    Edited by Blackwidow on 25 May 2014 01:20
  • demendred
    demendred
    ✭✭✭✭
    tanthil wrote: »
    Thank you for your post
    Please don't rant, we don't care

When you say you don't care, you really do. <3

ANYHOO........

Yes, common curtisy goes a long way.
    Edited by demendred on 25 May 2014 01:28
    All good Nords goto Sto'Vo'Kor.
  • Jsmt67
    Jsmt67
    ✭✭✭
    People will drive one crazy. Some of the kiddies will disappear over time with the release of other mmo's and the population will eventually thin out and stabilize. I'm hoping that the community, in-game, will become a little more chill (not that I've had any issues with jerks in-game yet). Breathe deep and enjoy the scenery.
    But there aren't nearly as many selfish people in the Veteran levels as there are in the Sesame Street levels.

Sesame Street levels. lol. Great term!
    Edited by Jsmt67 on 25 May 2014 01:41
    We are the Renrijra Krin. "The Mercenary's Grin¸" "The Laugh of the Landless," and "The Smiling Scum" would all be fair translations. We believe in justice, but do not follow laws. These are not rules, for there is no word for "rules" in Ta'agra. Call them our "thjizzrini" -- "foolish concepts."
  • Dayv
    Dayv
    ✭✭✭✭
    There's been quite a lot of times where I have been rescued by a heal from another player or saved from overwhelming mobs and I try to do the same, but it's quite long winded to run up to another character, hold f, move the wheel to speak and then type a message. I'm always grateful when I get a res in pvp but things are too busy to go in to typing mode. It would be nice if there was a hotkey for giving a thumbs up to a target or some other quick way to show appreciation to someone post-combat. Maybe there's an addon for something like this. If there is please let us know.
  • rawne1980b16_ESO
    rawne1980b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thankyou to anyone who has ever helped me.

Sorry if I run off without saying it in game but time is money and I have gold to sell ... er ... I mean make, yes make.
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe it's me ...
    Yes, it's you.

I always help out other players but the difference is, i don't expect anything in return. Not even a "thank you". It's just what i do.

Having no expectations also means i'm not disappointed if i don't get a "thank you" back.
    ;-)
  • Drazticulous
    Drazticulous
    ✭✭
    I always type in /say real quick thanks but never get a reply..... I just hope it makes them smile when I say it.
  • stabbykitteh
    stabbykitteh
    ✭✭✭✭
    I noticed at Veteran levels other players 'get it'.

Sure, they would still occasionally run past me if I was dying, or grab the node beside me as I was fighting the enemy. But there aren't nearly as many selfish people in the Veteran levels as there are in the Sesame Street levels.

I've noticed this as well.

Also, many times my helpers run off before I can thank them. I slow typer.

So to all those helpers, thanks! I was the Vet Bowplar getting hosed by <fill in the blank> in <fill in the blank>. Your assistance was much appreciated :D
  • Blackwidow
    Blackwidow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So to all those helpers, thanks! I was the Vet Bowplar getting hosed by <fill in the blank> in <fill in the blank>. Your assistance was much appreciated :D

TO LATE NOW, YOU UNGRATEFUL @!$%^!#@!!!!!! >:(

What am I talking about? I can't stay mad at you.

You are welcome. :D

/hugs
    Edited by Blackwidow on 25 May 2014 01:58
  • stabbykitteh
    stabbykitteh
    ✭✭✭✭
    Blackwidow wrote: »
    TO LATE NOW, YOU UNGRATEFUL @!$%^!#@!!!!!! >:(
    Heh.

On a serious note: I help others because I like to, it's fun for me and it seems like the right thing to do (though the help-ees don't always agree). If you're doing it expecting something in return, maybe you shouldn't...
  • demendred
    demendred
    ✭✭✭✭

On a serious note: I help others because I like to, it's fun for me and it seems like the right thing to do (though the help-ees don't always agree). If you're doing it expecting something in return, maybe you shouldn't...

This is why I continue to my sub, people like yourself.
    Its nice to see that health bar above their heads turn from almost gone to completely full.

Edited by demendred on 25 May 2014 03:08
    All good Nords goto Sto'Vo'Kor.